Department of Defense Delays Trump’s Military Parade w/o Explanation

Odd that he would even want to still have it seeing as how he managed to bring North Korea in with just a few tweets. Thats badass on a whole new level.

Odd that he would even want to still have it seeing as how he managed to bring North Korea in with just a few tweets. Thats badass on a whole new level.

In regards to the North Korea issue, President Trump has proven more effective by himself, then the entirety of the DoD, CIA, and State Department.

North Korea in for a meeting they've been pushing for with every other president? One that's resulted in no real change to the situation despite initial assertions to the contrary?

Yep, and we elected President Donald Trump to command them.

They're his forces to command.

Nope, they're still ours.

He doesn't own anything and is subject to checks and balances of the DoD and Congress which is why he just received a middle finger from them.

Ewww, this president and his expensive distraction
Just the snide, snarky "clapback" feel of the first few posts.

<{clintugh}>

I picture skinny jean and cap wearing goatees with their hands on their hips, swiveling their necks around like a Jerry Springer character, feeling as though they are somehow victorious.

He doesn't own anything and is subject to checks and balances of the DoD and Congress which is why he just received a middle finger from them.

You are both correct. The president is the Commander and Chief though, he is the leader of the armed forces...just cannot declare war on his own.

You are both correct. The president is the Commander and Chief though, he is the leader of the armed forces...just cannot declare war on his own.

He might be the commander, but he doesn't own them.

Clearly he cannot order a $100M military parade just because he wants one.

He might be the commander, but he doesn't own them.

Clearly he cannot order a $100M military parade just because he wants one.

Who said he "owns" them...the word was "Command"...

And do note that I posted I was against the parade as he doesnt need one. He is more badass than those that have them already.

Yep, and we elected President Donald Trump to command them.

They're his forces to command.

So you're fine with our tax dollars being spent on lavish parades to entertain trump? Can the rest of us opt out of our dollars being wasted?

Isn't that the same rationale right-wingers talk about applying to social program spending?

Last edited:
Who said he "owns" them...the word was "Command"...

And do note that I posted I was against the parade as he doesnt need one. He is more badass than those that have them already.

He said,"they're his" to command, which used in that context is a possessive noun implying ownership.

He said,"they're his" to command, which used in that context is a possessive noun implying ownership.

No. A commander makes them his to command...hence the user of COMMAND, in COMMANDER. Are you actually implying that you never read things like "The General sent HIS troops to battle" before? Jesus, talk about grasping for straws.

This is why I said you are BOTH correct, because he was right about Trump being the commander of the army and you were correct about it not translating to being able to hold a parade...that part requires money, and the OK to spend it for those checks and balances you mentioned. Clear your head of your hate of Trump to see full truth of a topic.

This feels like Mattis and Co. basically going "fuck putting on dress unis in the middle of summer"

No. A commander makes them his to command...hence the user of COMMAND, in COMMANDER. Are you actually implying that you never read things like "The General sent HIS troops to battle" before? Jesus, talk about grasping for straws.

This is why I said you are BOTH correct, because he was right about Trump being the commander of the army and you were correct about it not translating to being able to hold a parade...that part requires money, and the OK to spend it for those checks and balances you mentioned. Clear your head of your hate of Trump to see full truth of a topic.

His entire point is that Trump can hold the parade because he's their commander.

Clearly that isn't the case.

They're only his to command when Congress gives him the authority to command them and only within the scope of the authority they give him.

Good point the nukes are ours too why were ppl scared that Trump could command those to detonate somewhere ?

I felt the parade would be more powerful and symbolic if it was held on Draft Dodger Day.

Back