Deontay Won that Fight

RichyN

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I cannot understand the boxing fans that say Tyson won that fight.

Deontay won that fight. Same way Nick Diaz won the fight against GSP.

The person who inflicts the most damage in my eyes is the person who wins the fight. Tyson was out twice, second time out cold. The person that won is the one that goes home with the least amount of damage and that was Deontay.

Sure talk sweet science and winning rounds, but in my eyes thats equivalent to lay and praying in MMA bouts (cough, cough Fitch and Askren).

We all know who won the "fight". Lets not pussy foot.

Alamy_Live_Wilder_v_Fury__R5P7KKjpg-JS453320436.jpg

Boxing works on a 10 point must system, round by round. If you don't like the way that a boxing match is scored then I can't help you because that's the way it is. Like it or lump it.

"Same way Nick Diaz won the fight against GSP."

tenor.gif

I cannot understand the boxing fans that say Tyson won that fight.

Deontay won that fight. Same way Nick Diaz won the fight against GSP.

The person who inflicts the most damage in my eyes is the person who wins the fight. Tyson was out twice, second time out cold. The person that won is the one that goes home with the least amount of damage and that was Deontay.

Sure talk sweet science and winning rounds, but in my eyes thats equivalent to lay and praying in MMA bouts (cough, cough Fitch and Askren).

We all know who won the "fight". Lets not pussy foot.

View attachment 484229

Haha so you have your own dumb way of scoring fights?thats cool

I also think that a field goal is harder than getting the touchdown so i think who ever has the most field goals win

Deontay won the fight but lost the boxing match. Said someone in the rbr thread.

And Diaz didn't win shit against GSP. You don't ever dare to compare that pothead to the Bronze Bomber.

Deontay won the fight but lost the boxing match. Said someone in the rbr thread.

And Diaz didn't win shit against GSP. You don't ever dare to compare that pothead to the Bronze Bomber.

Lol no love for the Diaz Brothers?

Boxing works on a 10 point must system, round by round. If you don't like the way that a boxing match is scored then I can't help you because that's the way it is. Like it or lump it.

The 10 points system itself is not fair. You get 10-9 by only touching your opponent a couple of times, and you only get 10-8 by blowing his brains to another dimension. He could that be fair?

The 10 points system itself is not fair. You get 10-9 by only touching your opponent a couple of times, and you only get 10-8 by blowing his brains to another dimension. He could that be fair?
If you really blew your opponent's brains to another dimension he wouldn't get up again and you'd win the fight. That didn't happen. They are the rules and unless you can come up with a better way then you are stuck with it.

If you really blew your opponent's brains to another dimension he wouldn't get up again and you'd win the fight. That didn't happen. They are the rules and unless you can come up with a better way then you are stuck with it.

Well he was KO. That would be deadly in a real fight. There is no 10 second recovery time, you get my point? So a round like that should never be almost equal with a round where nothing really happens (10-9). Just a 1 point difference?

Well he was KO. That would be deadly in a real fight. There is no 10 second recovery time, you get my point? So a round like that should never be almost equal with a round where nothing really happens (10-9). Just a 1 point difference?
Then you must prefer MMA, as if you go down then you can follow your opponent down and stop him. But this is boxing, those are the rules and it's been that while for quite some time. The rules are an artificial creation to create a fight between 'gentlemen'. You aren't allowed to do loads of things in boxing. So if you don't like the rules I'd switch to watching MMA where more things are allowed.

Then you must prefer MMA, as if you go down then you can follow your opponent down and stop him. But this is boxing, those are the rules and it's been that while for quite some time. The rules are an artificial creation to create a fight between 'gentlemen'. You aren't allowed to do loads of things in boxing. So if you don't like the rules I'd switch to watching MMA where more things are allowed.

No its not about choosing between MMA or Boxing because in MMA I have the same critique. There is almost no difference in rounds where nothing happens (10-9) and rounds where the opponent is on the brink of being finished (10-8).

The contenders are called fighters. A fighters job is to destroy the opponent. Getting finished vs getting outpointed shouldn't be treated the same.

No its not about choosing between MMA or Boxing because in MMA I have the same critique. There is almost no difference in rounds where nothing happens (10-9) and rounds where the opponent is on the brink of being finished (10-8).

The contenders are called fighters. A fighters job is to destroy the opponent. Getting finished vs getting outpointed shouldn't be treated the same.

Well most of us don't treat them the same. That's why you can't go by boxrec when making opinions about fighters. But if you get finished then that shows as a loss by TKO or KO.

The difference between 10-9 and 10-8 is negligible. So just two rounds of 10-9 (couple of jabs landed) is the same as 10-8.

Lol, there is something called rules... maybe check it out??

What does that have to do with the discussion? Im just pointing out a flawed system.

Back