Deontay Wilder's power

He's not robotic compared to Deontay who is a shambling mess tripping over himself. Joshua has nice fast hands for a man his size and puts his combinations together really fluidly.
I think Wilder has the faster hands. I think most would agree with this. I wouldn't call AJ fast anywhere. He does have combos and puts his punches together a lot smoother and is the better looking more traditional looking boxer. But that doesn't mean a lot at heavyweight vs other giants. Especially when he has major holes too

Nearly=didnt.

Do you have the winning lotto numbers as well?

Joshua isnt some amazingly skilled and fluid boxer. Hes a big powerful robotic monster. This has gotten ridiculous lol.
Only going to get worse. Here comes the AJ train. From the makers of GGG is God and I'll die for Floyd or Manny.

Nearly means he had the power just not the gas. That's the worst thing you could level at AJ.
He's not robotic compared to Deontay who is a shambling mess tripping over himself. Joshua has nice fast hands for a man his size and puts his combinations together really fluidly.
Wilder puts Wlads lights out with one of his bombs. Ill leave it at that.

Any of the top heavyweights minus fury can knock your soul out of your body. Wilder I think has the hardest punch with the wrath of god in his right hand. He's a pure puncher. Kinda like shavers or foreman. AJ is a puncher too but I think he's movingly in the direction of refining himself to a boxer puncher similar to Wlad. I think wilder COULD beat anyone but there's a huge element of luck to that statement. He's also got a very underrated gas tank imo.

i think his power is overrated, his athleticism is underrated and the real secret to his success.

Things are measured with real numbers not random statements with caveats.
You're trying to reinvent the wheel. Basically just saying AJ is more accurate but Wilder has more power in one shot. You favor AJs accumulation of shots vs Wilders one shot power. Why did you throw "on top of the head" into the mix?
It's all opinion isn't it at the end of the day? Unless they get the two of them onto a scientific punch measuring piece of equipment we can only base our opinions on observation. From what I observe Deontay seems to have the bigger one shot power, though undoubtedly Joshua is no slouch in that department. But based on their finishing AJ looks to have the better combinations. Deontay seems to be more wild with his punches and it's not uncommon to see him swinging for the fences and hitting nothing but air hence the top of the head comment. I don't think he places his punches as well.

I think Wilder has the faster hands. I think most would agree with this. I wouldn't call AJ fast anywhere. He does have combos and puts his punches together a lot smoother and is the better looking more traditional looking boxer. But that doesn't mean a lot at heavyweight vs other giants. Especially when he has major holes too
I think AJ is fast handed for a man of his size but we can disagree on that. I certainly wouldn't claim he's fast on his feet as he is a bit of a plodder which I think is his biggest hole next to his gas tank.

In all honesty I don't think Wilder lands vs Wlad. Wlad outboxes him and ties him up.

The thing I noticed about Wilder is his reach and range A lot of his opponents thinks he's miles away because of the way he sets it up. Then BBAAAAMMMM. BOMB SQUAD!!!!!! Catches them from a good distance away. Well outside of normal boxing range.
He knocks people out from jab range

Combinations dont equal more power, which is what I commented on.

Wilder would put Wlad to sleep if he landed his bomb on him. Wouldnt need a combination.

Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't

He landed his bomb on both Stiverne and Duhupaus and didn't sleep either of them. This idea that all he needs to is land a right hand to put Wlad to sleep is silly. Top level fighters know how to take those shots better, especially Wlad, he leans with shots and controls the range.

There's more chance Wlad puts Wilder to sleep than vice versa imo. Wlad's right hand is famously destructive and he's never been put out with one shot.

The thing I noticed about Wilder is his reach and range A lot of his opponents thinks he's miles away because of the way he sets it up. Then BBAAAAMMMM. BOMB SQUAD!!!!!! Catches them from a good distance away. Well outside of normal boxing range.
He knocks people out from jab range

Try that against a top fighter who knows how to control range.

Not hard to control the distance against journeyman who are physically inferior to you in every way. Don't just presume Wilder lands that 1 hitter quitter when he fights the best guys in the division. It's no coincidence that the best guy he's fought is the one that took him the distance.

Try that against a top fighter who knows how to control range.

Not hard to control the distance against journeyman who are physically inferior to you in every way. Don't just presume Wilder lands that 1 hitter quitter when he fights the best guys in the division. It's no coincidence that the best guy he's fought is the one that took him the distance.
The guy you mentioned was a top level champ and Wilder controlled the distance against him all night and hurt him and dropped him bad... All fight.
Not really a good example.
Stiverne is pretty durable and didn't Wilder severely injury his hands or hand in that fight?
Just because his resume is still weak doesn't mean he has no positive attributes.
Just like I don't know if they will work on the new top 5. You have no idea that they want.

The guy you mentioned was a top level champ and Wilder controlled the distance against him all night and hurt him and dropped him bad... All fight.
Not really a good example.
Stiverne is pretty durable and didn't Wilder severely injury his hands or hand in that fight?
Just because his resume is still weak doesn't mean he has no positive attributes.
Just like I don't know if they will work on the new top 5. You have no idea that they want.

It is a good example, because it was used as an example to show how Wilder doesn't necessarily knock someone as good as Wlad out with one punch. It wasn't anything to do with what we are discussing here, the fact he hurt and dropped him is part of the point, he's not always going to finish a guy with one shot, and the longer he lets top guys in the fight with him, the more likely he is to get knocked out himself. All punchers hurt their hands in fights but maybe that's true, on the other hand, maybe it's also true that Stiverne was hospitalized for severe dehydration and likely in terrible condition come fight time.

No ones saying he doesn't have positive attributes, this is a tiny criticism, we should be allowed to talk about a possible weakness in a fighter without you getting upset. Don't be so sensitive.

It is a good example, because it was used as an example to show how Wilder doesn't necessarily knock someone as good as Wlad out with one punch. It wasn't anything to do with what we are discussing here, the fact he hurt and dropped him is part of the point, he's not always going to finish a guy with one shot, and the longer he lets top guys in the fight with him, the more likely he is to get knocked out himself. All punchers hurt their hands in fights but maybe that's true, on the other hand, maybe it's also true that Stiverne was hospitalized for severe dehydration and likely in terrible condition come fight time.

No ones saying he doesn't have positive attributes, this is a tiny criticism, we should be allowed to talk about a possible weakness in a fighter without you getting upset. Don't be so sensitive.
Nobody is upset. It's just you are making stuff up and you are too sensitive when you get called out for it. Don't drag a normal conversation into the gutter because I don't find what you say to be accurate.
Bad example some would consider Stiverne more durable than Wlad. Being durable is not the same as being a better or good fighter.
You don't have to finish everyone you fight to have the most power in your division. You are dwelling on an unrealistic expectation.
The fact that Wilder didn't finish Stiverne with broke hand means nothing.
Joshua's and Furry's holes are just as big as Wilder's.

Nobody is upset. It's just you are making stuff up and you are too sensitive when you get called out for it. Don't drag a normal conversation into the gutter because I don't find what you say to be accurate.
Bad example some would consider Stiverne more durable than Wlad. Being durable is not the same as being a better or good fighter.
You don't have to finish everyone you fight to have the most power in your division. You are dwelling on an unrealistic expectation.
The fact that Wilder didn't finish Stiverne with broke hand means nothing.
Joshua's and Furry's holes are just as big as Wilder's.

Can you name one thing I've made up or are you just getting emotional? Please give me an answer.

Stiverne may be more durable than Wlad, he's also about 100x easier to hit. The point remains, just because Wilder slept a lot of journeyman and small heavyweights doesn't mean all he has to do is land a right hand to knock AJ or Wlad out. I'm not sure why you're so strongly against this?

I'm not debating if he has the most power in the division, you seem unable to follow the debate. Either that or you're just making stuff up, ironically.

No, Wilder not finishing Stiverne does mean something, it means he didn't KO him. Why should we ignore it and not use it as part of assessing him, because he's your fave? When talking about one shot KO power, not KO'ing the best guy you've faced is relevant whether you like it or not. It's not the be and end all, but it's certainly a valid point in arguing that Wilder's power won't be as effective against top calibre opposition.

I disagree, I think Wilder has bigger flaws. That doesn't make me a hater, I'm not being mean, that's just how I see it. It's not an uncommon view and I've made my arguments. Sorry if you don't like that.

Can you name one thing I've made up or are you just getting emotional? Please give me an answer.

Stiverne may be more durable than Wlad, he's also about 100x easier to hit. The point remains, just because Wilder slept a lot of journeyman and small heavyweights doesn't mean all he has to do is land a right hand to knock AJ or Wlad out. I'm not sure why you're so strongly against this?

I'm not debating if he has the most power in the division, you seem unable to follow the debate. Either that or you're just making stuff up, ironically.

No, Wilder not finishing Stiverne does mean something, it means he didn't KO him. Why should we ignore it and not use it as part of assessing him, because he's your fave? When talking about one shot KO power, not KO'ing the best guy you've faced is relevant whether you like it or not. It's not the be and end all, but it's certainly a valid point in arguing that Wilder's power won't be as effective against top calibre opposition.

I disagree, I think Wilder has bigger flaws. That doesn't make me a hater, I'm not being mean, that's just how I see it. It's not an uncommon view and I've made my arguments. Sorry if you don't like that.
I've already pointed it out. Go back for clarity.
This isn't a debate. I was talking to somebody else and you quoted me initiating a conversation. I have seen your post in this thread did not want to quote them because I don't value your knowledge. I don't care about your opinion. You can keep trying to force feed it to me. It's circle talk about nothing.
You said Wilder couldn't control range with top guys. I pointed out how he did exactly that with a top guy. You then tried to change it to "but Wilder didn't stop him. " At that point I knew you were not reasonable enough to talk with.
You have no point. Your opinion is your right. No need to quote me with it though.

I've already pointed it out. Go back for clarity.
This isn't a debate. I was talking to somebody else and you quoted me initiating a conversation. I have seen your post in this thread did not want to quote them because I don't value your knowledge. I don't care about your opinion. You can keep trying to force feed it to me. It's circle talk about nothing.
You said Wilder couldn't control range with top guys. I pointed out how he did exactly that with a top guy. You then tried to change it to "but Wilder didn't stop him. " At that point I knew you were not reasonable enough to talk with.
You have no point. Your opinion is your right. No need to quote me with it though.

Well that's an emotional response if I've ever seen one. I'm sorry that I've upset you, it wasn't my intention.

You've confused two different arguments so I'll correct a couple of things. I quoted you in regards to you talking about how good Wilder is at range, I never referenced Stiverne regarding this I'm afraid. I simply made the point that it might not be as effective against a top guy who knows how to control range. The guys who are dangerous at range and are top caliber, Fury, AJ, Wlad, potentially Parker etc, Stiverne doesn't fit that category.

I brought up Stiverne in a discussion with PUO3, which was nothing to do with you. That discussion was about 1 shot KO power and Stiverne is a relevant part of that discussion, as are the fighters who've taken him rounds and the fighters he has KO'd. You are the one who brought Stiverne into this discussion, insinuating that I referenced to support the arguments I was making to you, which turns out to be a load of rubbish.

Well that's an emotional response if I've ever seen one. I'm sorry that I've upset you, it wasn't my intention.

You've confused two different arguments so I'll correct a couple of things. I quoted you in regards to you talking about how good Wilder is at range, I never referenced Stiverne regarding this I'm afraid. I simply made the point that it might not be as effective against a top guy who knows how to control range. The guys who are dangerous at range and are top caliber, Fury, AJ, Wlad, potentially Parker etc, Stiverne doesn't fit that category.

I brought up Stiverne in a discussion with PUO3, which was nothing to do with you. That discussion was about 1 shot KO power and Stiverne is a relevant part of that discussion, as are the fighters who've taken him rounds and the fighters he has KO'd. You are the one who brought Stiverne into this discussion, insinuating that I referenced to support the arguments I was making to you, which turns out to be a load of rubbish.
It's only emotional to you because you are cry baby poster who feels the need to lash out at people who disagree with you.
Debating is for high school kids. I'm here to talk about boxing with objective knowledgeable people, not you.
You don't correct anybody here. You frequently get batted around here.
The fact that Wilder has done it against a former top guy to win a belt means more than your walls of text assumptions. You quoted me I had no desire to talk to you.
You can't handle the fact that you write walls of text that get trumped by one specific example.
Wilder is on the same level as AJ and Furry. I bet Wilder would even be the betting odds favorite against Wlad at this point.

his power is out of this world, probably the best one punch power of all time

I get it that he hasn't really been tested with elite fighters, and his technical ability isn't all that good

but his power will always be a factor in a fight, when he lands its over

Deontay-Wilder.jpg

What power? Lol I was helping him with strength and condioning a year or two ago and we sparred a little and power is not his strength.. granted, I'm 6'3 243 lbs but still .. guys like the klitchkos, Joshua, Ortiz, etc would have no problem with his power .. his strength is his speed and conditioning

In all honesty I don't think Wilder lands vs Wlad. Wlad outboxes him and ties him up.
Possible. Think Wilder is big/strong enough to get loose at some point though and it gets scary for Wlad.

If Im a Wilder opponent my plan would be to get inside and work him over there tied up as much as possible. Given the way he fights I could see Wilder getting frustrated and wearing himself out trying to get his offense off.

Fun matchup but doesnt help the build up for Joshua/Wilder much now since he just lost to AJ.

Back