Deontay Wilder

Thought he did pretty good. He stayed calm though the whole fight and broke guy down in 4rds.

Not a fan of him dropping his hands when he backs up though

He's gonna get mullered when he steps up IMO.

When the hell is he going to step up. Fighting too many bums

After many rds of sparring, Haye says Wilder is the goods.
Get him in with the boring-arsed Klits, shit or bust.

My gawd....a former Olympic Medalist heavyweight with a pro record of 30-0 and 30 kos and people call him a bum?

He definitely has to step up in competition because it's long overdue. Give him Malik Scott, Jennings, Chisora, Arreola, etc. Give him anyone that is at least somewhat known in the boxing world. At this stage he should be fighting better competition. His management is definitely taking their time with him but 2014 is the time to step up the competition.

My gawd....a former Olympic Medalist heavyweight with a pro record of 30-0 and 30 kos and people call him a bum?

He's knocking out overweight cab drivers. Real impressive. The guy is amateur. That's how he fights.

Im confused

US heavyweight boxing is in a coma right now and theres a potential superstar on the rise and people are already giving him shit and writing him off

But a little more than 10 years ago two Ukrainian guys came to the US with subpar competition already with losses and everybody got massive hard ons.

Must Wilder learn 5 different languages, play chess and get into politics to win you guys over?

Those two situations are hardly analogous.

And if wilder plays scrabble he will win everyone over.

Im confused

US heavyweight boxing is in a coma right now and theres a potential superstar on the rise and people are already giving him shit and writing him off

But a little more than 10 years ago two Ukrainian guys came to the US with subpar competition already with losses and everybody got massive hard ons.

Must Wilder learn 5 different languages, play chess and get into politics to win you guys over?

Context, its all about context. He is an American heavyweight and we all know how people feel about these dudes, unfortunately. Personally I think he's got lots of potential, but I'm with everyone in that he must step it up now.

I'll bet his sparring with Wlad and later haye are much more beneficial to him that his current can of the moment hit list

Way past time to take a big step up. Dude is 28 and 4 years into his career and still fighting guys who could be considered debut material for an olympic medal holding prospect.

Not hating, legit power and Definately has a knack for finishing the guys he hurts.
Do the fury fight now, both these guys getting too much attention for where they are/ who they have beat. Drop one and move the other along.

He's a HW James Kirkland

He's knocking out overweight cab drivers. Real impressive. The guy is amateur. That's how he fights.

Thats because he is raw and his team knows it. A few KO's doesn't mean you're ready to fight a Klitschko.

Wilder had very little amateur experience, even though he won a medal.

Wilder needs to be moved carefully, I think his team is doing well by him.

Im confused

Wilder can't box. He tries to play it cool but everytime his opponents flinch Wilder panics either literally LEAPING backward or going bat shit crazy with windmills. Give him some fights on CBS knocking out low level boxers who are in shape but unskilled and the mouth breathers will tune in for the KOs. That's his best bet for fame.

Sometimes I think he's improving but then he reverts to old tricks. Compare how Wilder has progressed to another Olympic boxer who is just starting out learning in the Pros, Joshua, and you will see the world of difference between Wilder and a real high level opponent. If you thought Seth and Price had exploitable flaws then Wilder really shouldn't stand a chance. I mean, there's a video where Lewis is in a car park teaching Wilder how to throw a proper jab. If you take it at face value you can only assume Wilder still doesn't really know how to do it at this stage.

I think Wilder's best bet is to avoid ending up as a pretty name on Joshua's record after Showtime con Americans into buying that PPV.
article-2186173-14770204000005DC-131_634x461.jpg

Wilder had very little amateur experience, even though he won a medal.

In some ways, it might have been better for him had he never won the medal. Nobody would be pushing him and he would have a chance to work through fights without just relying on his power.

Who does it benefit to rush Wilder into a fight with a more experienced and dangerous opponent? Not him because his 30 fights are misleading as to how much boxing experience he has. Not the American fans because he could lose, maybe by brutal KO, and that will set him back. Look at Seth Mitchell, he was in the convo of the three future HW stars to watch, now he's all but finished.

Wilder is also getting paid bigger money than he probably deserves and getting more exposure than he probably deserves so why should he rush it?

The fat fucks in boxing media can keep banging away on their keyboards about how he needs to do this or that, but in terms of managing his career as a big, powerful, American HW the balls in his court.

Back