Deontay Wilder vs.... wait for it....

I know for a fact that Deontay is the superior fighter. He is the best HW boxer in the world right now. Doesnt change the fact that he is chinny and Arreola can land a lucky hook
Hes chinny based on stumbling from a punch? He walked through bombs from Stiverne.

His chin is fine.

Hes chinny based on stumbling from a punch? He walked through bombs from Stiverne.

His chin is fine.

I would not worry about his chin just the tendency to be too open when going for the kill

Yup, plus that gif is basically all that Molina did in that fight.

Lots of people here just look for any excuse to shit on Wilder. There is really no reason for it at all. Not only is the guy a promising HW fighter but he's a good dude
*jordanshrug

Lots of people here just look for any excuse to shit on Wilder. There is really no reason for it at all. Not only is the guy a promising HW fighter but he's a good dude
*jordanshrug
It's surprising that a lot of criticism comes from American fans. I would've thought given he is the top American HW that wouldn't happen.

But HWs in general are getting dumped on in here at the moment so who knows.

It's surprising that a lot of criticism comes from American fans. I would've thought given he is the top American HW that wouldn't happen.

But HWs in general are getting dumped on in here at the moment so who knows.

True.

Irrational hatred is commonplace for boxing fans. I had a guy a few weeks ago arguing with me about Ike Quartey. At one point I was like "why do you hate Ike Quartey" and it completely stopped the conversation. Dude said "I don't know" and laughed. I hated Paulie Malignaggi until I met him. No good reason for it I just couldn't stand the dude. Well the immortal tat gives me a little leeway there

True.

Irrational hatred is commonplace for boxing fans. I had a guy a few weeks ago arguing with me about Ike Quartey. At one point I was like "why do you hate Ike Quartey" and it completely stopped the conversation. Dude said "I don't know" and laughed. I hated Paulie Malignaggi until I met him. No good reason for it I just couldn't stand the dude. Well the immortal tat gives me a little leeway there
And having to get a haircut midfight in Paulies case.

True.

Boxing as a sport sets the participants up for being disliked, in most other sports you progress up the ladder until the best play the best, with boxing some fighters end up with titles after seemingly skipping the tough fights. As fans we have to come to terms with this and tribalism is a by-product, when a fighter you love beats a fighter you hate, the buzz is like no-other.... well, maybe 2nd;)

And having to get a haircut midfight in Paulies case.

I had met him before the dreads but those pissed me off too., lol.

One after your own heart would be Naseem. Tons of people hated him (I get post career because of what happened in the car accident) while he was fighting and I never understood why. Yeah, he was cocky but he was an extremely entertaining fighter. You knew you were getting your moneys worth when you tuned into one of his fights.

Boxing as a sport sets the participants up for being disliked, in most other sports you progress up the ladder until the best play the best, with boxing some fighters end up with titles after seemingly skipping the tough fights. As fans we have to come to terms with this and tribalism is a by-product, when a fighter you love beats a fighter you hate, the buzz is like no-other.... well, maybe 2nd;)

Well said, lol

I had met him before the dreads but those pissed me off too., lol.

One after your own heart would be Naseem. Tons of people hated him (I get post career because of what happened in the car accident) while he was fighting and I never understood why. Yeah, he was cocky but he was an extremely entertaining fighter. You knew you were getting your moneys worth when you tuned into one of his fights.
I still think nas must've been a massive douche to do what happened in the car crash, but as a fighter he always entertained. He's another one where the home fanbase didn't like him. See how happy people are from England that he lost to Barrera.

I still think nas must've been a massive douche to do what happened in the car crash, but as a fighter he always entertained. He's another one where the home fanbase didn't like him. See how happy people are from England that he lost to Barrera.

I only got see him fight live once (Wayne McCullough fight) and it seemed like he had a good fanbase who followed him over. No Hatton (by far my favorite boxing fans ever) but they were supporting him. Probably half of the Convention Center in AC was supporting him

I only got see him fight live once (Wayne McCullough fight) and it seemed like he had a good fanbase who followed him over. No Hatton (by far my favorite boxing fans ever) but they were supporting him. Probably half of the Convention Center in AC was supporting him
I'm a bit too young to fully appreciate it, but he seemed to have a rock solid fanbase from Sheffield and the rest of England was indifferent. Hatton had fans everywhere.

I'm a bit too young to fully appreciate it, but he seemed to have a rock solid fanbase from Sheffield and the rest of England was indifferent. Hatton had fans everywhere.

Yeah, they loved him. Even some of the American fans were cheering for him (myself being one of them). Hatton's fans are fucking awesome. I can't say enough good things about them. After the Mayweather fight they were buying us rounds and really gracious about everything. Were happy just to have a few drinks, take a few pics with fighters and just have a good time. Even when a few fans were dicks they didn't care. "Just said "fuck off mate" and kept drinking, lol. Gotta love that

I
Yeah, they loved him. Even some of the American fans were cheering for him (myself being one of them). Hatton's fans are fucking awesome. I can't say enough good things about them. After the Mayweather fight they were buying us rounds and really gracious about everything. Were happy just to have a few drinks, take a few pics with fighters and just have a good time. Even when a few fans were dicks they didn't care. "Just said "fuck off mate" and kept drinking, lol. Gotta love that
only saw Hatton once. Would've loved to go and see him in Vegas.

I

only saw Hatton once. Would've loved to go and see him in Vegas.

They were a blast. I saw him twice in Vegas (May and Pac) and once in Boston vs. Collazo. Hatton is a really nice guy. Shame he is struggling with substance abuse. Hope he gets through it. Which fight did you see?

They were a blast. I saw him twice in Vegas (May and Pac) and once in Boston vs. Collazo. Hatton is a really nice guy. Shame he is struggling with substance abuse. Hope he gets through it. Which fight did you see?
I saw him fight Kostya in Manchester.

I saw him fight Kostya in Manchester.

That is bad ass.I only got to see Tszyu at the end of his career as well. He fought Sharmba (he is Steve Francis's cousin which is the only reason I got to catch that one) in Phoenix right before that. Wish i got to see him in his prime. One of my favorite fighters

That is bad ass.I only got to see Tszyu at the end of his career as well. He fought Sharmba (he is Steve Francis's cousin which is the only reason I got to catch that one) in Phoenix right before that. Wish i got to see him in his prime. One of my favorite fighters
I've been lucky with some of the fights I've got to. I have to admit I thought Hatton was going to get taken to school.

Back