DEONTAY WILDER vs Stiverne Nov.4 Showtime and Sho Sports

Who do you have?

• Total voters
You're not Nostradamus. You mean if Wilder wins some people will say Ortiz sucked. If Ortiz wins some people will say Wilder sucked. What a bold prediction.
No, he is saying Wilder will win and people will crap on Ortiz.

For the record Ortiz doesn't suck and I think Wilder will win.

I think Ortiz will win but wouldn't be surprised either way, both are way overrated. This fight will probably expose both fighters

Can you name people who will say Ortiz sucks after the fight and show why you think they will say that?

i know a lot of people arent a fan of Wilder(me included), but a good win in this fight shuts me up

Going head to head against UFC 217 GSP vs Bisping in the same city.

Why are they doing this at Barclays?

Now this is interesting. hope the winner will fight in 2018 against the winner of Joshua/Pulev.

That being said Ortiz by KO.

Wilder has been regressing his last four fights

Ortiz is older but hes a good counter puncher with a ton of power

Im going ortiz. Knockout

Wilder has been regressing his last four fights

Ortiz is older but hes a good counter puncher with a ton of power

Im going ortiz. Knockout
Ortiz knockout? No no no my friend. Bomb squad by explosion.

Hey @RR , Boxingscene says Jacobs might be on this card. Who are you guys looking to fight?

Now that the Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz heavyweight title fight is essentially a done deal, BoxingScene.com has learned Showtime is in the process of finalizing a tripleheader for November 4 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Showtime’s telecast also is expected to feature former middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs and junior welterweight contender Sergey Lipinets in separate bouts. Opponents haven’t been finalized for Jacobs or Lipinets, but Lipinets will fight an undetermined opponent for the vacant IBF super lightweight championship.

Brooklyn’s Jacobs (32-2, 29 KOs) will fight for the first time since losing a close, 12-round unanimous decision to middleweight knockout artist Gennady Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs) in their 160-pound title fight March 18 at Madison Square Garden.

wilder-ortiz.jpg

Kazakhstan’s Lipinets (12-0, 10 KOs), the IBF’s mandatory challenger at 140 pounds, will fight for the title Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs) gave up after winning it by knocking out Namibia’s Julius Indongo (22-1, 11 KOs) in the third round of their championship unification fight August 19 in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Representatives for Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs), the WBC heavyweight champion from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and the Cuban-born Ortiz (27-0, 23 KOs, 2 NC) have been working to finalizing their agreement for two months (http://www.boxingscene.com/deontay-wilder-luis-ortiz-november-4-barclays-center--118639).

They have moved forward now that Bermane Stiverne has agreed to a step-aside fee for allowing Wilder-Ortiz to happen without the former WBC heavyweight champion receiving the mandatory title shot he is due. Wilder won the title by beating Stiverne rather convincingly in January 2015 and Wilder has expressed about as much interest in boxing Stiverne again as television executives have shown in broadcasting their rematch.

The often-criticized Wilder feels he’ll earn much more respect for facing Ortiz than for fighting Stiverne again.

The Haitian-born, Quebec-based Stiverne (25-2-1, 21 KOs) has agreed to box American heavyweight contender Dominic Breazeale (18-1, 16 KOs) on the Wilder-Ortiz undercard. The Stiverne-Breazeale bout will be broadcast by Showtime Extreme.

Keith Idec is a senior writer/columnist for BoxingScene.com. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.

No guarantees Stiverne gets by Breazeale tbh.

Ortiz is a double tough sumbitch, and he is heavy handed and a very good counter puncher.

That said, if Wilder can keep Ortiz on the end of his jab, it's going to be a long night for Ortiz. If Ortiz can close distance he can be the first to stop Wilder. He's got thudding power.

Great fight.

Stiverne males me laugh. Dude gets popped with Pads, looks soft, and post the lamest training media. One has to think that these athletes lost highlights, not lowlights from training. And this is the best? Reminds .e of Robert the ghost and cross fit

It's an odd fight to call, really. Wilder had a bit of trouble with the awkwardness of another southpaw, Szpilka, and Szpilka really isn't particularly good. At the same time, you do get the sense that Wilder does perform to the level of his competition a bit. You can say similar things about Ortiz, as well, as Ortiz has looked great in some situations, and then looks rather mediocre for stretches.

One thing we know for sure is that both men can absolutely crack. Overall, I might find myself leaning a bit towards Wilder seeing as he's the younger man with perhaps a bit more to prove (not really the strongest reasoning, I know), but it's hard to really pick a front runner between the two for me as there are a lot of unknowns. Hopefully it's a fun fight one way or another, and for the sake of seeing the American public getting up for a genuinely big HW fight (Joshua/Wilder could be huge with some proper hype if Wilder looks good), I guess I hope Wilder comes out on top.

Ortiz knockout? No no no my friend. Bomb squad by explosion.
Ooo i disagree. Wilder was down 4-0 to gerald Washington lol.

Im not saying wilder can't win. He has the style and the punch to make up for the holes in his game most of the time.

Lets see if he can do it against ortiz though

No guarantees Stiverne gets by Breazeale tbh.

Ortiz is a double tough sumbitch, and he is heavy handed and a very good counter puncher.

That said, if Wilder can keep Ortiz on the end of his jab, it's going to be a long night for Ortiz. If Ortiz can close distance he can be the first to stop Wilder. He's got thudding power.

Great fight.
How good is breezeale?

Admittedly i have only seen him get blasted by joshua and his last fight with Izu who i thought easily could have taken out dom with better cardio

As for ortiz-wilder is a tough fight to pick but man wilder has not looked good fo a while really. Ortiz is a fantastic counter puncher. I think ortiz is gonna land one of his hay makers and get him

Ooo i disagree. Wilder was down 4-0 to gerald Washington lol.

Im not saying wilder can't win. He has the style and the punch to make up for the holes in his game most of the time.

Lets see if he can do it against ortiz though
I appreciate wilder probably needs the ko but I think he can get it.

How good is breezeale?

Admittedly i have only seen him get blasted by joshua and his last fight with Izu who i thought easily could have taken out dom with better cardio

As for ortiz-wilder is a tough fight to pick but man wilder has not looked good fo a while really. Ortiz is a fantastic counter puncher. I think ortiz is gonna land one of his hay makers and get him

Joshua's the class of the division, so no shame in that.
He's decent, and has a ton of heart, so he's not likely to get bombed out early.
Big fella, never what you'd call overtrained, and not quite as clumsy as his frame might indicate, but not with a whole lot of power.

I don't know if I'd outright favour him over Stiverne, but it won't be a walkover IMO.

My biggest question will be which Breazeale shows up? He's been all over the place in terms of condition and weight.
If he's like 265lbs, he'll be too slow, if he shows up at 240 he'll have a good showing.

Is Stiverne vs Breazeale really gonna be shown over Sergey Lipinetz?

Back