DEONTAY WILDER vs Stiverne Nov.4 Showtime and Sho Sports

Who do you have?

• Total voters
I'll bet that when Wilder stops him, you'll say Ortiz was old.

Well he is old? He's also been out the ring for nearly a year and struggled last time out going the distance against a British journeyman.

Do I have to pretend that this would be an amazing win for Wilder even though I've been saying for months that Ortiz isn't a hard fight for either Joshua or Wilder and is clearly overrated? Wilder fans are getting tiresome with the premptive defense of wins he doesn't even have yet.

Why not just focus on who you think will win rather than what you think people will be saying after the fight? Wilder doesn't exactly get a hard time, he fought 30+ bums before having a real fight, he got a VERY easy ride to the top, but you'd think he was so hard done by reading this thread.

Wilder will win this fight, Ortiz usual inside uppercut counter wont work against a much longer and faster opponent and he's not quick enough to lead with the 1-2. He was getting hit with clean overhand rights from the white rhino so I wouldn't rule out a KO either. I'd be very surprised if Wilder isn't able to deal with Ortiz.

Well, it's all conjecture at the end of the day, which is why I think it's fair to discuss Wilder as having a claim already.

As for Wlad? He was all used up, IMO. Tyson Fury and all.

I don't understand the hate for Ortiz. The guy is by far the most skilled boxer in the division.

Of course if he'll lose it would be because he's old. If he was young no way he would lose to Wilder. Wilder is the worst boxer in the elite level.

When we are talking about Cuban boxers we never actually know their age. Some assume that both Rigo and him are 10 years older than they claim.
https://www.boxingnewsresults.com/2017/09/luis-ortiz-48-years-old-says-amir-mansour/

Last edited:
Well, it's all conjecture at the end of the day, which is why I think it's fair to discuss Wilder as having a claim already.

As for Wlad? He was all used up, IMO. Tyson Fury and all.

A used up Wlad is still miles better than a paper titlist like Stiverne. That's literally the only ranked guy Wilder has beaten in nine years.

Last edited:
Now it's confirmed. this is a great fight looking forward to it!

LOL its funny wait till Ortiz makes a joke out of wilder. Its not going to be close

LOL its funny wait till Ortiz makes a joke out of wilder. Its not going to be close
What if Wilder knocks his block off?

No excuses and you give him his credit right?

This fight is growing on me. One of these bouts in which either fighter getting KOed would be pleasant to watch. Win-win situation.

What if Wilder knocks his block off?

No excuses and you give him his credit right?

People excusing a black American HW's success will never stop. Granted, it's not like Wilder has achieved much, but it does up-end the apple cart if he's actually successful.

Great fight. I'll take wilder by TKO.

Also hoping for some combinations of wilder/joshua/fury fighting each other.

Was initially picking Ortiz but he seems to have regressed a little so might be leaning a bit towards Wilder now.

Very interesting fight.

Wilder by decision.

Ortiz is perhaps the better boxer/puncher with a great amateur record (343 W and 19 L), and who is undefeated as a professional (29 W 0L 23KO). But he has had troubled with those who can box and potshot at a distance, and, most importantly, those who can punch while going in reverse. At the age of 40, his diminishing reflexes and speed make him more vulnerable to the stylish boxer.

Wilder has the physical attributes and the unorthodox style that can create lots of problems for Ortiz. His tactical plan should be based on these attributes to build a confortable lead in the first part of the fight (before his speed diminishes),and to capitalize on the desperate offense of a frustrated Ortiz in the second half. Basically, it is Wilder the one who should fight like a typical Cuban boxer that night... else, going toe-to-toe with the better, more technical and fundamental boxer will be catastrphic for his career.

Wilder via Windmill

source.gif

Wilder_right.0.gif

Wilder-1-2-ko-Harrison.gif

giphy.gif

<{JustBleed}>

I picked Wilder. Not because he is better in terms of skills or ability, but moreso because Ortiz has aged and if he is fighting clean, he won't be as sharp. He'll get clipped and that's it.

Back