DEONTAY WILDER vs Stiverne Nov.4 Showtime and Sho Sports

Who do you have?

• Total voters
It's still seems weird having US champions coming over here in major fights! In all fairness though we are generally happy to travel and always take big numbers! I'm not too bothered personally but it would be good for the fans that have supported Joshua over the last couple of years not to have to fork out a few grand to see the fight live
Fair play imo. Whoever is driving the biggest purses and biggest views is where the fight should be.

Finally. Now let's see what Wilder's got. Hoping for a KO one way or another, boxing judging is glaringly bogus and undermining the credibility of the sport. Going with Ortiz.
I'll bet that when Wilder stops him, you'll say Ortiz was old.

Im glad people snaped out of the "Ortiz is the most dangerous in the division"and "hes so good no one wants to fight him" trance that HBO sold

Im glad people snaped out of the "Ortiz is the most dangerous in the division"and "hes so good no one wants to fight him" trance that HBO sold
By the end of the month, everyone will be talking about what a can he is and PEDs etc.

By the end of the month, everyone will be talking about what a can he is and PEDs etc.
He's definitely no can, and yes, the failed drug test will always be a black cloud over him

Should Wilder win, he should get immediate praise just as Joshua did when he beat an old and inactive Klitchko but we both know that wont happen

He's definitely no can, and yes, the failed drug test will always be a black cloud over him

Should Wilder win, he should get immediate praise just as Joshua did when he beat an old and inactive Klitchko but we both know that wont happen

I disagree. There will always be those that say 'oh he was over rated anyways', but they're mugs that will always have the same opinion. Most boxing fans just want to see him defend against the best guys and Ortiz is definately one of them

FOX’s doubleheader will be off the air October 14 before Showtime’s tripleheader begins.

The October 14 card is expected to be the first of two within a three-week span at Barclays Center.

Another show is tentatively scheduled to take place there November 4. Deontay Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs), of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, likely will make an optional defense of his WBC heavyweight title against Cuban southpaw Luis Ortiz (27-0, 23 KOs, 2 NC) in the main event that night, but a Wilder-Ortiz deal had not been finalized as of Wednesday morning.

http://www.boxingscene.com/charlo-lubin-hurd-trout-lara-gausha-showtime-triple-1014--119987

EDIT

Deontay Wilder is finally set to secure the kind of tough opponent he’s long sought.

The WBC heavyweight titleholder is slated to meet top contender Luis Ortiz on November 4 in Brooklyn, New York, on Showtime, sources told RingTV.com.

A major roadblock was finally cleared this week when WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman mediated over talks between Wilder promoter Lou DiBella and Stiverne promoter Don King, a source told RingTV.com.

The sides came to a resolution, with Stiverne receiving step-aside money to allow Wilder to go ahead with the Ortiz bout; the agreement calls for Stiverne to fight on the televised undercard against a legit opponent, and should he win, he’ll face the WBC champion next, likely in early 2018.

Stiverne was named the WBC’s No. 1 contender in January after his interim title fight against Alexander Povetkin was scrapped when the Russian tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs.

Povetkin, of course, also failed a PED test in the summer of 2016, which canceled a planned fight against Wilder, in what would have been the American’s first big step-up in class.

No television network is interested in a Wilder-Stiverne rematch, though. After all, Wilder dominated Stiverne in their January 2015 meeting, and there’s no real need for a second bout.

In an attempt to persuade Stiverne to allow Wilder-Ortiz to take place, the Haiti native was offered a mid six-figure payday as a step-aside fee, according to sources.

However, he refused the offer, instead opting to fight Wilder in the rematch immediately. Stiverne hired attorney Josh Dubin, the longtime lawyer for Andre Ward and Lennox Lewis, to ensure that happens.

Wilder (38-0, 37 knockouts) has made five defenses of the heavyweight strap he won from Stiverne. Most recently, he stopped Gerald Washington in five rounds in February.

Ortiz (27-0, 23 KOs) has been calling for — and deserving of — a title shot since he blasted out Bryant Jennings in December 2015. But the 38-year-old — a Cuban puncher who can box and move, who brings tremendous risk and delivers little reward — has been eluded by the top fighters.

Wilder is willing to step up to the plate. Now, the fight is very close to being delivered.
Cool if I add a poll to your thread? No reason to start another for it.

If Wilder beats Ortiz then he is the clear #2 guy in the division...I fully expect Ortiz to outbox Deontay and win 9-3 or 8-4. A lot of power punchers find out at the elite level that their power isn't always the answer (see GGG's last 2 fights). Unlike GGG, Wilder doesn't have the soundest fundamentals. He seems to be unable to stick with his jab on a consistent basis and I still question his stamina when he seems to take rounds off. If Ortiz loses he is still a top heavyweight, he is getting older but he is no bum or gatekeeper win or lose.

I got Wilder by KO in 6.

He probably hits the deck before then though.

Ortiz is a very dangerous opponent. Cheating POS or not.

Very interesting fight.

This is the best hw matchup out there by far

Wilder KO. I predict early round, 4 prolly. Ortiz will have moments, but touch of death is coming.

The best part of this two huge guys going at it, nobody expects this going to the judges!!!! Power vs power

"I've been waiting for this moment for a long time, and I'm excited that the time has come to meet Luis Ortiz,'' Wilder said. "Ortiz is considered the boogeyman of the sport, and I am the hardest hitter in boxing. When you put us together in a ring, you will get one of the best heavyweight fights in a long time. I will unify the division. This I promise. This is the first step towards unifying. Any heavyweight that gets in my way is getting knocked out.''

Why just #2?

Wilder has a claim to #1 already IMO

I think the version of Wladimir that Joshua beat is better than Ortiz, who is the #2 or #3 guy right now. The great thing is all of these guys are fighting so we will all find out soon enough <Moves>

Back