DEONTAY WILDER vs Stiverne Nov.4 Showtime and Sho Sports

Who do you have?

• Total voters
How would it even matter though? If you are prescribed something on the banned substance list that doesn't make it okay to take it. You either have to stop or get an official exemption. Early in his career Briggs NEEDED asthma medicine to live but it was banned so he had to avoid it or get busted. James Toney was prescribed something for a legit injury and got popped for it and punished and he apologized even though it was something he was supposed to take. Your doctor and your health don't change the rules of boxing.

I've seen this argument so many times in the MMAssholes forum where people claim someone is "innocent" because the banned substance was either prescribed or taken unknowingly and neither of those things make any difference at all. If you don't get an official exemption you're cheating. If you take a supplement that you didn't know had banned shit in it you're stupid and cheating.
I'm not saying he needed it. I know it made me feel better. I'm also pretty sure it was artificial. If it's allowed it shouldn't be. I don't like taking shit for this, if it's legal they can take it. We all know it shouldn't be.

Half the guys doing the Tour de France have medical prescription for asthma medicine. I blame it on allergies.

He knows the WBC (We Be Crooks) has already branded Ortiz as a doper and is cancelling the fight. He's now trying to act like he wants the fight now that it won't be made. Not a clever move.
Lol. This is fucking incredible. Twice now Wilder's opponents have been popped and twice now blame has been pushed to Wilder.

Incredible.

What he was taking was not a performance enhancer, the reason it's banned is because it can be used as a masking agent. He was prescribed by his doctor because he has high blood pressure. He admits he made the mistake by not disclosing it to VADA. But I highly doubt he was using it to mask steroids or some other actual PEDs. That's the one masking agent you don't want to take, if you're taking steroids, because it's so well known and so easily discovered by every drug test.

If anything, it was an oversight from his team.
Ya, highly doubt the known PED user was using masking agents for PEDs. Its much more likely that a high level athlete has blood pressure issues that require medication. Ortiz has looked lack luster as of late while not being popped, now in a major fight and gets popped again?

Take your head out of the sand.

If rolls were reversed here youd be wanting to crucify Wilder.

Lol. This is fucking incredible. Twice now Wilder's opponents have been popped and twice now blame has been pushed to Wilder.

Incredible.

it is aight. As far as I can see, Cuban is the only one trying to act like this is Wilder's fault/problem. I don't see anyone else or boxing news accounts on any of my social media putting Wilder in a bad light over this.

Fuck Ortiz.

Ya, highly doubt the known PED user was using masking agents for PEDs. Its much more likely that a high level athlete has blood pressure issues that require medication. Ortiz has looked lack luster as of late while not being popped, now in a major fight and gets popped again?

Take your head out of the sand.

If rolls were reversed here youd be wanting to crucify Wilder.

An elite athlete, in decent shape, despite being around 40, should not need a blood pressure medication. Unless he has some preexisting condition, that would be documented, like a heart defect, etc.

Fight should go on as it's obvious that Ortiz simply bought over the counter dick pills at a gas station.

Cuban is the only one trying to act like this is Wilder's fault/problem. I don't see anyone else or boxing news accounts on any of my social media putting Wilder in a bad light over this.

I'm pretty sure he does this on purpose. Bad decision happens, the forum starts getting at each others throats and then BAM! A @cuban23 thread where we can all come together and get along. Except for him. Which is kind of sad, considering he's doing all of this for us.

I'm pretty sure he does this on purpose. Bad decision happens, the forum starts getting at each others throats and then BAM! A @cuban23 thread where we can all come together and get along. Except for him. Which is kind of sad, considering he's doing all of this for us.

Is he a modern day Jesus Christ? Sacrificing his forum accounts reputation for our scwables? Floy bless, or Cuban bless?

Is he a modern day Jesus Christ? Sacrificing his forum accounts reputation for our scwables? Floy bless, or Cuban bless?

He'll rise again after 3 days, and we'll call it Cuflo. Cuflo Floyban.

How is Ortiz still getting votes in this poll? Lol

Fight literally got cancelled because he got caught cheating again. He did worse than lose, he lost the opportunity to even fight!

How is Ortiz still getting votes in this poll? Lol

Fight literally got cancelled because he got caught cheating again. He did worse than lose, he lost the opportunity to even fight!
Don't make me go and re vote.

King Kong should have eaten a banana for his high blood pressure, then we could have enjoyed this fight as planned

Half the guys doing the Tour de France have medical prescription for asthma medicine. I blame it on allergies.

And the entire Norwegian cross country ski team. Weird, huh?

According to Big D, Wilder is fighting Stiverne next

BREAKING NEWS: The WBC announced on Wednesday that it has withdrawn its sanction of the fight between heavyweight titleholder Deontay Wilder and Luis Ortiz because of Ortiz’s failed drug test and that Wilder will instead make his mandatory defense vs. former titlist Bermane Stiverne. Stiverne was scheduled to fight on the undercard but now will move into the main event of the Nov. 4 (Showtime) card at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

i
Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer

Wilder ducking top competition again. He framed Ortiz and Povetkin.

Back