DEONTAY WILDER vs Stiverne Nov.4 Showtime and Sho Sports

Who do you have?

• Total voters
Youre embarrassing yourself.

Late 30s early 40s, that's when people usually have to worry about blood pressure.
What? Apart from the people with a congenital illness? If you think k that you're mental. Also high blood pressure relates to many underlying illnesses. But you factored that in right?

Maybe he has high blood pressure from the PEDs hes taking.

Two birds, one stone.

I think that's a bad strategy that hurts his image. His team is not allowing due process and is immediately jumping ship as soon as someone gets flagged. How about giving Ortiz a chance to prove his innocence.

Ortiz was given blood pressure medication from his doctor.

Wilder's team is immediately accusing him of cheating and is looking to find another opponent.

I am with you.
But when you are doing business transactions and boxing is a business, you cant just sit and wait what happens, you move on to the next best partner.
If Ortiz can clean his name than you go back and revisit it at a later date.

You cant just spend funds on promotion venue, tours to later have him not be able to fight, what you ask is for Wilder to put his career on hold for Ortiz, how does that make any business sense

What he should do is fight another popular fighter and book it

Maybe he has high blood pressure from the PEDs hes taking.

Two birds, one stone.
I'm basically with the dude. But I'm also someone who has to take blood thinners to stop me having seizures. Was he cheating? I have no idea. Do people neeed to stop talking crap about people they know nothing about, yes. That's all I'm saying.

I really like Wilder putting a message, you get caught cheating we do not want to do business with you.
You can tell his team is looking out for his image, the AJ fight will be a big mega fight if worked properly , hell in Europe it would be a big money maker
will it ever happen?

I'm basically with the dude. But I'm also someone who has to take blood thinners to stop me having seizures. Was he cheating? I have no idea. Do people neeed to stop talking crap about people they know nothing about, yes. That's all I'm saying.
Um ya Ill go ahead and express my opinion about someone who has already been popped for steroids now being popped for a well known masking agent.

Let's say WADA comes out and bans Tobacco. Wilder is the kind of guy that pull out a fight against a top fighter if the top fighter got popped for Tobacco. Then you'll have Lou Dibella crying about it on twitter about how Wilder is getting screwed.
Seems that Wilder disagrees.

Um ya Ill go ahead and express my opinion about someone who has already been popped for steroids now being popped for a well known masking agent.

That doesn't make any sense...

Let's pretend he was this sinister juice head. If it was a well known masking agent, don't you think he would avoid using that one if he was trying to cover something up?

Wouldn't he be looking to use a designer or something less known or off the banned list?

Seems that Wilder disagrees.

He knows the WBC (We Be Crooks) has already branded Ortiz as a doper and is cancelling the fight. He's now trying to act like he wants the fight now that it won't be made. Not a clever move.

How would it even matter though? If you are prescribed something on the banned substance list that doesn't make it okay to take it. You either have to stop or get an official exemption. Early in his career Briggs NEEDED asthma medicine to live but it was banned so he had to avoid it or get busted. James Toney was prescribed something for a legit injury and got popped for it and punished and he apologized even though it was something he was supposed to take. Your doctor and your health don't change the rules of boxing.

I've seen this argument so many times in the MMAssholes forum where people claim someone is "innocent" because the banned substance was either prescribed or taken unknowingly and neither of those things make any difference at all. If you don't get an official exemption you're cheating. If you take a supplement that you didn't know had banned shit in it you're stupid and cheating.

How would it even matter though? If you are prescribed something on the banned substance list that doesn't make it okay to take it. You either have to stop or get an official exemption. Early in his career Briggs NEEDED asthma medicine to live but it was banned so he had to avoid it or get busted. James Toney was prescribed something for a legit injury and got popped for it and punished and he apologized even though it was something he was supposed to take. Your doctor and your health don't change the rules of boxing.

I've seen this argument so many times in the MMAssholes forum where people claim someone is "innocent" because the banned substance was either prescribed or taken unknowingly and neither of those things make any difference at all. If you don't get an official exemption you're cheating. If you take a supplement that you didn't know had banned shit in it you're stupid and cheating.

What he was taking was not a performance enhancer, the reason it's banned is because it can be used as a masking agent. He was prescribed by his doctor because he has high blood pressure. He admits he made the mistake by not disclosing it to VADA. But I highly doubt he was using it to mask steroids or some other actual PEDs. That's the one masking agent you don't want to take, if you're taking steroids, because it's so well known and so easily discovered by every drug test.

If anything, it was an oversight from his team.

That doesn't make any sense...

Let's pretend he was this sinister juice head. If it was a well known masking agent, don't you think he would avoid using that one if he was trying to cover something up?

Wouldn't he be looking to use a designer or something less known or off the banned list?
Because athletes just have never been stupid before, right?

For sure, and I listen. I'm not crapping on anyone, it feels like you're being unfair on me. If not fine. If so I'll continue.

Back