Deontay Wilder refuses to fight AJ.

Anyone thinking Hearn is just going to up the offer is likely to be disappointed. Hes said in recent interviews that they won't be changing the terms. And with the fact that Wilder will earn about 7 times less fighting Breazealle instead, why would he? I don't think this fight will happen

Yeah, it's a real shame those French bastards decided to muck it up (as they did in the final as well). But fair is fair, if it were my country who had won - as ugly as it was - I wouldn't care either.

I like the BPL a lot, I actually follow it more religiously than the Belgian competition. I can't remember the last time I actually missed Match Of The Day. Best competition and play by play commentators in the business for sure.
I am always poaching the anderlecht players in old versions of champ manager.

Dear Lord. Anderlecht were my unofficial feeder team.

Man for Man your easily better than us. Wanted Belgium to win it after us. All your players are household names over here as they generally all play here. And it’s very difficult not to like de bruyne and kompany (not the spurs players or lukaku though; that twat scores every time he plays my team)

The new Drogba.

Coyg.

Anyone thinking Hearn is just going to up the offer is likely to be disappointed. Hes said in recent interviews that they won't be changing the terms. And with the fact that Wilder will earn about 7 times less fighting Breazealle instead, why would he? I don't think this fight will happen
Because a few million is pennies to them, its a massive mark on AJ’s resume, and it opens AJ up to an even bigger market of fans.

AJ could be a star in the States as well, Hearn knows that. Wont sell a 90k stadium out because that doesnt happen for boxing here, but he can do PPVs and major fights in Vegas if they ever chose to. American fans go crazy for fighters like AJ, and given the mixed makeup of the citizens we dont really care where a fighter is from.

Because a few million is pennies to them, its a massive mark on AJ’s resume, and it opens AJ up to an even bigger market of fans.

AJ could be a star in the States as well, Hearn knows that. Wont sell a 90k stadium out because that doesnt happen for boxing here, but he can do PPVs and major fights in Vegas if they ever chose to. American fans go crazy for fighters like AJ, and given the mixed makeup of the citizens we dont really care where a fighter is from.

I don’t see it as a mark on AJs resume, rather the other way round. I appreciate that many on your side of the pond will blame Joshua/Hearn, but literally no one over here blames them, it’s all on wilder. Due to this there is no pressure on hearn or Joshua to change the terms based on what they bring to the table

hearns playing the waiting game as wilder is really the loser in all of this. And he doesn’t strike me as someone that is going to chase wilder; he seems a typical, stubborn, hard nosed businessman

I don’t see it as a mark on AJs resume, rather the other way round. I appreciate that many on your side of the pond will blame Joshua/Hearn, but literally no one over here blames them, it’s all on wilder. Due to this there is no pressure on hearn or Joshua to change the terms based on what they bring to the table

hearns playing the waiting game as wilder is really the loser in all of this. And he doesn’t strike me as someone that is going to chase wilder; he seems a typical, stubborn, hard nosed businessman
How can you not view a win over Wilder as a mark on AJ’s resume? Thats the best win he could get right now. It would be huge.

A few of us on here have called this from the start.

Wilder's team have stopped this fight from happening. They are clearly conflicted on what they want from this. @RR said 60-40 was fine going into this, now Wilder is saying it's 50-50 or nothing.

I'd put most of the blame on Finkel, as he clearly hates Hearn and doesn't want to bend to him. Wilder takes ultimate responsibility for that though by not getting his shit together and sorting his team out. He seemed more than happy to take the 15m, yet his team obviously don't agree.

It's funny though, now that Wilder is clearly to blame for the fight not happening, his fans are very quick to say it's just business, and the fight will happen anyway. When it looked like AJ was the one to blame, he was called a bitch made and multiple people on here complained about him stalling the fight. It's funny to see the different bias on show.

Lol @ 50-50.

I imagine after the Povetkin fight, theyll slightly up the offer and Wilder will accept.

This shit is nearly indentical to Canelo/GGG.

If AJ said it's 80-20 or nothing (a less ridiculous offer than 50-50) you'd be all over this complaining about him ducking.

A few of us on here have called this from the start.

Wilder's team have stopped this fight from happening. They are clearly conflicted on what they want from this. @RR said 60-40 was fine going into this, now Wilder is saying it's 50-50 or nothing.

I'd put most of the blame on Finkel, as he clearly hates Hearn and doesn't want to bend to him. Wilder takes ultimate responsibility for that though by not getting his shit together and sorting his team out. He seemed more than happy to take the 15m, yet his team obviously don't agree.

It's funny though, now that Wilder is clearly to blame for the fight not happening, his fans are very quick to say it's just business, and the fight will happen anyway. When it looked like AJ was the one to blame, he was called a bitch made and multiple people on here complained about him stalling the fight. It's funny to see the different bias on show.

We kind of all knew that would happen though, Wilder has very little to offer compared to Joshua

How can you not view a win over Wilder as a mark on AJ’s resume? Thats the best win he could get right now. It would be huge.

I don’t see it as a mark on his resume especially if most see wilder being the one creating the issues. And as Hearn stated Joshua’s stock continues to go up if he beats povetkin. Wilders doesn’t beating breazealle, if that’s who he’s fighting. If wilders team are playing the waiting game then he needs to be fighting guys that are perceived to be at the top level. It’s a dangerous game to play imo as there aren’t many worthy HWs to fight

Fck it, I’m looking forward to Joshua fighting povetkin. It may not be Joshua vs wilder, but it’s still a good fight. Hopefully everyone can see sense and we get it next year

I don’t see it as a mark on his resume especially if most see wilder being the one creating the issues. And as Hearn stated Joshua’s stock continues to go up if he beats povetkin. Wilders doesn’t beating breazealle, if that’s who he’s fighting. If wilders team are playing the waiting game then he needs to be fighting guys that are perceived to be at the top level. It’s a dangerous game to play imo as there aren’t many worthy HWs to fight

Fck it, I’m looking forward to Joshua fighting povetkin. It may not be Joshua vs wilder, but it’s still a good fight. Hopefully everyone can see sense and we get it next year
I meant “mark” as a quality win, not that its a blemish on AJ right now.

Im looking forward to seeing Povetkin get his ass kicked also.

If AJ said it's 80-20 or nothing (a less ridiculous offer than 50-50) you'd be all over this complaining about him ducking.
I thought “lol @ 50-50” was a pretty clear indicator of my feelings towards that suggestion.

Just like with Golovkin/Canelo, and now were getting the fight with Golovkin getting a small increase in the %. AJ knows that Wilder is the biggest notch in his belt, even if it isnt the biggest seller. It opens him up to a new market also (the States). A few more mil to Wilder doesnt mean dick to Hearn and AJ’s pocket in the grand scheme. Imo, its no coincidence that this entire thing is so closely following GGG/Canelo.

Im leaning towards this all being a show and an April fight is the outcome.

AJ cant fight everybody at once. AJ isnt signing three fights at once. Ive never even seen it suggested before that one fighter will just hold up every potential contender lol. Fury pretty clearly is interested in Wilder and despises Hearn, so not sure how you just excuse that possibility.

Fury was asked straight to his face who he'd rather fight and he said "Well AJ obviously because that's the money fight".

What I'm saying is if Wilder vs AJ doesn't happen and AJ feels Wilder is ducking him he could easily torpedo any fight with Fury by saying to Fury "Fight me instead" and Fury will forget Wilder.

Fury is only going to fight Wilder if AJ doesn't approach him and leaves them to it, I'm not sure he'll allow that because a Fury beaten by Wilder (if that happens) destroys the attraction of Fury vs AJ and it strengthens Wilders position.

But regardless we don't know what's going to happen or who'll do what, I recon Wilder vs AJ prob gets made.

Fury was asked straight to his face who he'd rather fight and he said "Well AJ obviously because that's the money fight".

What I'm saying is if Wilder vs AJ doesn't happen and AJ feels Wilder is ducking him he could easily torpedo any fight with Fury by saying to Fury "Fight me instead" and Fury will forget Wilder.

Fury is only going to fight Wilder if AJ doesn't approach him and leaves them to it, I'm not sure he'll allow that because a Fury beaten by Wilder (if that happens) destroys the attraction of Fury vs AJ and it strengthens Wilders position.

But regardless we don't know what's going to happen or who'll do what, I recon Wilder vs AJ prob gets made.
I dont think Fury is in a rush to get in the ring with AJ. I do think Fury believes he can beat Wilder.

AJ clearly offers more, but imo Fury views Wilder as the more winnable fight, and on paper is the more winnable fight. It also gives Fury more leverage towards purse % should be beat Wilder. Wouldnt be too surprised to see Wilder’s handlers offer serious $ to get Fury in the ring. That lineal title would go a long ways for Wilder’s leverage as well.

Its pretty amazing to think we could have a title holder soon who will have all of the belts and be lineal champ also.

I dont think Fury will get anywhere near a belt in all honesty, cocaine addiction and mental health problems are not something that just go away and never come back....

As soon as he hits his first stumbling block, i fully expect the already shaky wheel to fall off

I dont think Fury will get anywhere near a belt in all honesty, cocaine addiction and mental health problems are not something that just go away and never come back....

As soon as he hits his first stumbling block, i fully expect the already shaky wheel to fall off
Definitely wont be holding my breath for him to keep his shit together.

I thought “lol @ 50-50” was a pretty clear indicator of my feelings towards that suggestion.

Hardly a scathing critique is it?

Are you finally willing to say that you agree Wilder has stopped this fight happening and is the reason it isn't happening?

I imagine there'll be a caveat to your answer here. I'll bump some posts from a few months back when you thought AJ was the one costing the fight.

If/when he fights AJ for a higher offer than currently on the table does your stance change?

Golovkin just talked his way to several more million dollars with the same thing.

I really think this type of drawn out shit is going to be the norm for major fights. The drama, the lengthy buildups, the B side demands, etc.
I agree that's all thats happening. In a month or two they'll offer 20 something mil and Wilder will accept. It's a shame the boxing business is run by so many remedial businessmen that copy paste notes of how to do a deal from other fights.

The thing I've bought up before and always will with boxing
is if the promoters aren't ruining fights the thing that ruins
them is when money becomes a factor rather it be amount
or percentages paid.

Hardly a scathing critique is it?

Are you finally willing to say that you agree Wilder has stopped this fight happening and is the reason it isn't happening?

I imagine there'll be a caveat to your answer here. I'll bump some posts from a few months back when you thought AJ was the one costing the fight.
Right now hes the reason, sure. Being that theyve given the venue and April date.

This entire shit show though? No.

Back