Deontay Wilder refuses to fight AJ.

Fan of Wilder, and from the states. Not sure what say at this point. Wilder postured like he was willing to do ANYTHING, meet any demand for the showdown to happen... not a business guru, but current contract is signed by one side, let's see it in April, already! Sept is off, so take out Miller or Hughie or some other contender (just stay as far as possible from Pulev) while AJ takes out Pov, and meet in April. When did Wilder and his people stop being willing to make this fight like when the 50 mil was first offered? Like when UK was agreed to? This could be a beautiful thing, and now IDK anymore.

A sensible reply from a Wilder fan, you are a rare breed indeed.
That's the thing if you put the fan boy BS aside it is how it it is.
It wasn't that long ago I said on here that if AJ after he called Deontay out doesn't accept then I'll have to admit he's ducking, the only thing that's happened now is its been turned completely around, doesn't make me or you or anyone right its just the way each individual has positioned himself.

Tbh I never thought I'd be standing here saying "Wilder is refusing to sign the contract he announced he'll agree to" Wilder currently ducking is as much of a shock to me as it is to you.

We'll just have to see Wilders next move because AJ has left it all out there now.

Except that the money to be made in this fight is all on PPV in and probably 85-90% of that money will all come from the US, mainly because of Wilder in this fight.

Let me say this - NO ONE in the US is paying to watch a PPV for either of them unless they go against each other. And while Joshua can make pretty good money elsewhere, it will still be nothing in comparison to what he could for this fight, so that's Wilder's leverage.

And if Joshua is insisting on a rematch clause, only for if he loses, not Wilder, then it tells a story about how much he wants the fight right now.

Sorry but that doesn't fly.

As Eddie Hearn said ........ "No one needs to worry about AJ's money, he's doing just fine".

The money side of it is Wilder's problem, Wilder is the one being vastly under paid, AJ has a mega fight and 3 belts to offer, Wilder brings almost nothing to the party but a belt and a dangerous challenge, Wilder should be crawling on his knees to get this fight done, his management couldn't even get him a title shot let alone 3 title shots, its a joke.

No one gives a sh*t about US money on this side of the camp, AJ is sorted so keep it, why not give some to Wilder because he needs it more.

Also regarding the rematch clause, I've already outlined what AJ brings, why do you think he AJ owes Wilder a 2nd shot at all his belts if AJ wins, its idiotic, AJ's rematch clause is because he has everything to lose so he deserves it, Wilder has been saying he wins this easy ........ but now he's refusing to sign, that's what this tells you.

As of this point, contract signed and sent with not even so much as a query on the offer from Deontay just a straight ..... "Nope, I ain't signing" AJ cannot be faulted at all at present.

Last edited:
Deontay Wilder delivers ultimatum to Anthony Joshua over Wembley showdown in April
Deontay Wilder has warned Anthony Joshua he will accept nothing other than a 50-50 split of their unification showdown.

Joshua pulled the plug on talks with Wilder to stage the bout at the end of the year, and is now targeting a fight with the American on April 13 at Wembley.

The IBF, WBA (Super) and WBO champion signed a two-fight deal with Wembley and Matchroom boss Eddie Hearn has already made an offer to Wilder to be one half of the April show.

But, Wilder has rejected that contract and insisted his demands have changed.

‘This fight definitely can be made,’ he told Premier Boxing Champions.

‘I think the fight will be made. Just that this time around when you come to the table, you’ll have to come correct. This will be a 50-50 fight. And that’s the bottom line.’

He added: .We’ve tried everything… I’m not going to sign a contract that doesn’t have a date, that doesn’t have a venue.

‘Nah, that’s one-sided. This contract is straight blind, one-sided, anyone who’s talking about ‘just sign it’ you can kiss me where the sun don’t shine, baby, because that ain’t never happening.’

Hearn said this week Joshua intended to sign the contract sent to Wilder in a bid to put pressure on his rival.

But, that warning seems to have fallen on deaf ears with Wilder unhappy with the terms of the contract which would see him earn £11.3million.

Wilder wants a bigger cut of the fight purse and insisted he is prepared to walk away from talks if Matchroom turn down his revisions.

The WBC champion’s advisor Shelly Finkel said: ‘Deontay wants desperately to fight Anthony Joshua but he will not be signing a contract to fight Joshua on April 13 2019 for the below-market terms he was willing to fight him for in September 2018. That ship has sailed.’

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say goodbye to the fight, Finkel and Wilder seem to think they are more important than they actually are

Finkel and Hearn and playing a blinder here with the hype train. This fight is probably already signed for April next year. Wouldn’t even surprise me if it was the September date for AJ v Dorothy.

Deontay Wilder delivers ultimatum to Anthony Joshua over Wembley showdown in April
Deontay Wilder has warned Anthony Joshua he will accept nothing other than a 50-50 split of their unification showdown.

Joshua pulled the plug on talks with Wilder to stage the bout at the end of the year, and is now targeting a fight with the American on April 13 at Wembley.

The IBF, WBA (Super) and WBO champion signed a two-fight deal with Wembley and Matchroom boss Eddie Hearn has already made an offer to Wilder to be one half of the April show.

But, Wilder has rejected that contract and insisted his demands have changed.

‘This fight definitely can be made,’ he told Premier Boxing Champions.

‘I think the fight will be made. Just that this time around when you come to the table, you’ll have to come correct. This will be a 50-50 fight. And that’s the bottom line.’

He added: .We’ve tried everything… I’m not going to sign a contract that doesn’t have a date, that doesn’t have a venue.

‘Nah, that’s one-sided. This contract is straight blind, one-sided, anyone who’s talking about ‘just sign it’ you can kiss me where the sun don’t shine, baby, because that ain’t never happening.’

Hearn said this week Joshua intended to sign the contract sent to Wilder in a bid to put pressure on his rival.

But, that warning seems to have fallen on deaf ears with Wilder unhappy with the terms of the contract which would see him earn £11.3million.

Wilder wants a bigger cut of the fight purse and insisted he is prepared to walk away from talks if Matchroom turn down his revisions.

The WBC champion’s advisor Shelly Finkel said: ‘Deontay wants desperately to fight Anthony Joshua but he will not be signing a contract to fight Joshua on April 13 2019 for the below-market terms he was willing to fight him for in September 2018. That ship has sailed.’

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say goodbye to the fight, Finkel and Wilder seem to think they are more important than they actually are
Lol @ 50-50.

I imagine after the Povetkin fight, theyll slightly up the offer and Wilder will accept.

This shit is nearly indentical to Canelo/GGG.

Finkel and Hearn and playing a blinder here with the hype train. This fight is probably already signed for April next year. Wouldn’t even surprise me if it was the September date for AJ v Dorothy.
This also wouldnt surprise me one bit.

0.jpg

after the fight gets made and a massive ppv
this is what we will be asking

maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

He added: ."We’ve tried everything… I’m not going to sign a contract that doesn’t have a date, that doesn’t have a venue.

‘Nah, that’s one-sided. This contract is straight blind, one-sided, anyone who’s talking about ‘just sign it’ you can kiss me where the sun don’t shine, baby, because that ain’t never happening.’"

All I'm reading is "ducking".

Thanks for wasting everyones time Deontay.

People are saying "Just sign it" because that's what you said you were going to do, you've back tracked, lied and ducked probably because when it came to the crunch you realised "Actually I could lose this fight, all my hype talk and really, AJ is no joke, I could lose everything" so now you want more money just in case.

Its ok but admit it.

I think Wilder thinks he's bigger than he actually is.

He added: ."We’ve tried everything… I’m not going to sign a contract that doesn’t have a date, that doesn’t have a venue.

‘Nah, that’s one-sided. This contract is straight blind, one-sided, anyone who’s talking about ‘just sign it’ you can kiss me where the sun don’t shine, baby, because that ain’t never happening.’"

All I'm reading is "ducking".

Thanks for wasting everyones time Deontay.

People are saying "Just sign it" because that's what you said you were going to do, you've back tracked, lied and ducked probably because when it came to the crunch you realised "Actually I could lose this fight, all my hype talk and really, AJ is no joke, I could lose everything" so now you want more money just in case.

Its ok but admit it.
If/when he fights AJ for a higher offer than currently on the table does your stance change?

Golovkin just talked his way to several more million dollars with the same thing.

I really think this type of drawn out shit is going to be the norm for major fights. The drama, the lengthy buildups, the B side demands, etc.

I think Wilder thinks he's bigger than he actually is.
Id say that is accurate also. Wants to be paid for how he values himself, as the best. But even if he beats AJ that isnt how prize fighting works. Its all about who brings in the $.

Wilder is just blatantly taking the piss with his 50/50 demands. No way on earth will that happen. And he must know that, so it's him ducking the fight.

soon we will be world cup champions and have a undisputed heavyweight champion.

Yo Phil, I'm not really one to rub it in, but how does it feel to be beaten by my little old Belgium not once, but twice?

It's all good though. England has a nice join squad with a nice future. I'm sure we'll see eachother again down the road.

If/when he fights AJ for a higher offer than currently on the table does your stance change?

Golovkin just talked his way to several more million dollars with the same thing.

I really think this type of drawn out shit is going to be the norm for major fights. The drama, the lengthy buildups, the B side demands, etc.

If it works for him fine.

But from Hearn's latest comments i.e "I think his money should go down, after the Povetkin fight AJ's stock will rise even higher, I doubt Wilder will be in a fight that makes his stock rise".

Hearn's twisting the knife rather than backing down and unfortunately for Wilder, Hearn's 100% correct.
Wilder is being out managed and its only going to get worse.

AJ could map out his next 3 fights right now .........

Povetkin, Whyte, Fury.

Where the hell does that leave Wilder for the next 1.5 years? in AJ's dust trail that's where.

If it works for him fine.

But from Hearn's latest comments i.e "I think his money should go down, after the Povetkin fight AJ's stock will rise even higher, I doubt Wilder will be in a fight that makes his stock rise".

Hearn's twisting the knife rather than backing down and unfortunately for Wilder, Hearn's 100% correct.
Wilder is being out managed and its only going to get worse.

AJ could map out his next 3 fights right now .........

Povetkin, Whyte, Fury.

Where the hell does that leave Wilder for the next 1.5 years? in AJ's dust trail that's where.
Just like with Golovkin/Canelo, and now were getting the fight with Golovkin getting a small increase in the %. AJ knows that Wilder is the biggest notch in his belt, even if it isnt the biggest seller. It opens him up to a new market also (the States). A few more mil to Wilder doesnt mean dick to Hearn and AJ’s pocket in the grand scheme. Imo, its no coincidence that this entire thing is so closely following GGG/Canelo.

Im leaning towards this all being a show and an April fight is the outcome.

AJ cant fight everybody at once. AJ isnt signing three fights at once. Ive never even seen it suggested before that one fighter will just hold up every potential contender lol. Fury pretty clearly is interested in Wilder and despises Hearn, so not sure how you just excuse that possibility.

Yo Phil, I'm not really one to rub it in, but how does it feel to be beaten by my little old Belgium not once, but twice?

It's all good though. England has a nice join squad with a nice future. I'm sure we'll see eachother again down the road.

Man for Man your easily better than us. Wanted Belgium to win it after us. All your players are household names over here as they generally all play here. And it’s very difficult not to like de bruyne and kompany (not the spurs players or lukaku though; that twat scores every time he plays my team)

Man for Man your easily better than us. Wanted Belgium to win it after us. All your players are household names over here as they generally all play here. And it’s very difficult not to like de bruyne and kompany (not the spurs players or lukaku though; that twat scores every time he plays my team)

Yeah, it's a real shame those French bastards decided to muck it up (as they did in the final as well). But fair is fair, if it were my country who had won - as ugly as it was - I wouldn't care either.

I like the BPL a lot, I actually follow it more religiously than the Belgian competition. I can't remember the last time I actually missed Match Of The Day. Best competition and play by play commentators in the business for sure.

Yea. What he said.

But also this.

FB_IMG_1527447967740.jpg

Back