Deontay Wilder: 'No one in the US knows Anthony Joshua's name... he needs to fight me to be a global

All the CW belts are in Russia / Ukraine, unified as of now.

All the HW belts are in the UK as of the Parker fight bar your one sheltered HW champ.

Wembley was 90k sold out to the brim, fact ........ what spectacle has any of your fighters done recently to match that?

6 years ago America almost sunk boxing to the point where the UFC was claiming dominance (apart from the odd mega fight which usually starred Mayweather).

US boxers refusal to fight each other put boxing back years.

That is my gripe with your promoters.

As per the thread, if you guys rock so much why is Deontay outside starring in? you should of seen his face when he was commenting on the Joshua vs Klistz fight and he saw Wembley, he looked like a kid in sweet factory, jaw on the floor, why has he not got shows like that in the US?
I respect Deontay, either he or Joshua is no1 but the fact remains Deontay's management couldn't get him belts, Joshuas did.

Not sure how you can save face while disputing that.

Admit it and we can move on, we all want the same thing, but your promoters need to check themselves.
Want to compare current titles....?

Want to compare reveue?

Want to compare ppv buys?

Want to compare live gates?

It isnt close. The States rule by a hilariously wide margin.

Youre arguing two entirely different topics. No one here said Wilder has done anything that Joshua has. Wilder is talking shit to get his name in fans mouths. Thats it.

Trying to turn that into an argument that USA has lost its stronghold on Boxing is fucking stupid.

Want to compare current titles....?

Want to compare reveue?

Want to compare ppv buys?

Want to compare live gates?

It isnt close. The States rule by a hilariously wide margin.

Youre arguing two entirely different topics. No one here said Wilder has done anything that Joshua has. Wilder is talking shit to get his name in fans mouths. Thats it.

Trying to turn that into an argument that USA has lost its stronghold on Boxing is fucking stupid.

Live gate utterly depends on the main event and what 90k live gate did America have last year?

The rest is still with America but that's not what I said, I said Russia, Europe, Britain are "starting" to combine to do things outside of the US such as the WBSS which has been a great contest with still more to come.

Cruiser weight and HW titles are all mopped up outside the US bar the WBC HW title.

All I'm saying is because America won't share the playground things are developing away from the US.

So yes you may still be leading in a lot of those areas but that doesn't mean you have a CW or HW division, because at the moment outside of Deontay you don't, Gassiev crushed Issiah Thomas.

Fighters like Kovalev, Lomachenko and GGG could take their titles abroad if they chose to as well, they are not American fighters, a lot of your talent is imported.

Live gate utterly depends on the main event and what 90k live gate did America have last year?

The rest is still with America but that's not what I said, I said Russia, Europe, Britain are "starting" to combine to do things outside of the US such as the WBSS which has been a great contest with still more to come.

Cruiser weight and HW titles are all mopped up outside the US bar the WBC HW title.

All I'm saying is because America won't share the playground things are developing away from the US.

So yes you may still be leading in a lot of those areas but that doesn't mean you have a CW or HW division, because at the moment outside of Deontay you don't, Gassiev crushed Issiah Thomas.

Fighters like Kovalev, Lomachenko and GGG could take their titles abroad if they chose to as well, they are not American fighters, a lot of your talent is imported.
Ohhh but all those guys are still fighting in the States right? Where the money is right? Which is what I said all along right?

I didnt claim all of the talent was American. I said this is where the biggest fights are still happening.

It isnt even debatable. The numbers and facts are astromincally against the gibberish youre spouting.

Ohhh but all those guys are still fighting in the States right? Where the money is right? Which is what I said all along right?

I didnt claim all of the talent was American. I said this is where the biggest fights are still happening.

It isnt even debatable. The numbers and facts are astromincally against the gibberish youre spouting.

How am I talking gibberish when I didn't dispute what you said?

"The biggest fights are still happening in America."

On that subject what happens when your boy Deontay is forced to come fight at Wembley? literally forced?

The biggest HW fight in how many years? will be held in England.

CW title fights, you'll have to fight where they tell you to, Russia, Ukraine wherever unless they decide to come to America.

All I'm saying is there is action which right now I'm finding more entertaining proper fights happening outside of the US and its freak shows.

How am I talking gibberish when I didn't dispute what you said?

"The biggest fights are still happening in America."

On that subject what happens when your boy Deontay is forced to come fight at Wembley? literally forced?

The biggest HW fight in how many years? will be held in England.

CW title fights, you'll have to fight where they tell you to, Russia, Ukraine wherever unless they decide to come to America.

All I'm saying is there is action which right now I'm finding more entertaining proper fights happening outside of the US and its freak shows.
I already said Wilder will cross the pond because AJ is a bigger draw than he is. No one gives a shit about CW. Name all those big fights and lets see what theyre bringing in?

All the States produced in 2017 were “freak shows” like Canelo/Golovkin, Ward/Kova, Rungvisai/Gonzalez, Frampton/Santa Cruz etc right?

Your entire world wide boxing argument revolves around AJ and Cruisers. Sounds like you have the same arrogance problem that you say Americans do.

Again, the States are still dominating the boxing scene. Saying otherwise is simply stupid.

Btw, didnt a “frozen out American” go to England and break Kell Brooks face this year?

We're weirdly uptight when it comes to saying "toilet" for some reason. Like saying bathroom is gonna hide the fact that you're taking a piss or shit.

Toilet was taken from the French “Toilette” because the preferred English word - Lavatory - was too long to fit on the door in trains. That’s what my granddad told me anyway.

So it’s probably an anti-French thing that you don’t like using it, which is fine of course.

why is wilder talking about tyson and lewis when he has ortiz?

luis may be 40, off the juice and slow but he can still punch and can end deontays night with one shot. wilder must be forgetting that he was arguably one uppercut away from being put on the canvas against molina

why is wilder talking about tyson and lewis when he has ortiz?

luis may be 40, off the juice and slow but he can still punch and can end deontays night with one shot. wilder must be forgetting that he was arguably one uppercut away from being put on the canvas against molina
Cant imagine hes looking past Ortiz. Really seems like hes just going the loudmouth route to drive up the buzz with fans.

Lol’d at your Ortiz description. Thats good stuff.

Cant imagine hes looking past Ortiz.

Talking about the fights after Ortiz fits the definition of looking past him, n’est pa?

Not that it really matters. He’ll jab him for a while then end the night with a straight right.

The live gate for Canelo/Golovkin was almost double what it was for Joshua/Klitschko and the fight grossed appreciably more overall than Joshua/Klitschko.

I feel this fight should be on CBS over ppv. I don't think they can do Canelo type numbers plus it will not be in primetime in the states.

Money will always be bigger in the states. No debate there but AJ hold the cards.

I feel this fight should be on CBS over ppv. I don't think they can do Canelo type numbers plus it will not be in primetime in the states.

Money will always be bigger in the states. No debate there but AJ hold the cards.
That's probably the dumbest idea I've ever heard about the fight.

I’m willing to bet a higher percentage of people in the UK have heard of Wilder than in the US (because of his association with AJ), if not it must be very close.

In a strange way Deontay actually needs Joshua to become more famous in America (being a unified HW champ would surely increase his media exposure immeasurably) so the fight would benefit them both from that respect.

Talking about the fights after Ortiz fits the definition of looking past him, n’est pa?

Not that it really matters. He’ll jab him for a while then end the night with a straight right.
I suppose you can make that argument. But I moreso mean that I dont think Wilder is taking Ortiz lightly or assuming the win is already in the bag.

He hasnt fought enough quality competition to even have that arrogance.

Just waiting for Ward return to clean out the division.

Just waiting for Ward return to clean out the division.
Ive been face to face with Ward, and face to face with HWs. Ward does not want to get in the ring with AJ, Wilder, Ortiz, etc.

The size difference is absolutely ridiculous.

Ward may beat some ass at CW but he will get his head knocked off if he gets in with the big boys.

Ive been face to face with Ward, and face to face with HWs. Ward does not want to get in the ring with AJ, Wilder, Ortiz, etc.

The size difference is absolutely ridiculous.

Ward may beat some ass at CW but he will get his head knocked off if he gets in with the big boys.

If they can hit him with a clean shot. Wilder would get so frustrated with Ward.

Back