Deontay Wilder Hunts For New Opponent, Wawrzyk Fails PED Test

Wach or Helenius would be interesting, more so than his original opponent.

Last edited:
Wach or Helenius would be interesting, more so than his original opponent.

Wach isn't very good, but he's big and durable so that might be interesting. Helenius would at least have some name value even though he's not much of a fighter.

They could literally bill it as TBD up until the opening bell and it would not make a bit of difference.
Its crazy to think nobody would be jumping at a chance to get a heavyweight title shot. Such a thin division.
Its not 100 % Wilders fault but he really needs a legit name for his next fight. No matter what even if he has to give up a little extra.

C'mon, Wilder, you got a real dance partner calling you out, take the fight.

Seems too good to be true and realitistic yet Makes perfect sense. Thats boxing for you.
This will say a lot about Wilder if he takes this fight.
Its def not about Wilder. Dude tried to fight Povetkin fair and square. Problem is Haymon will say no.

I'd rather see him fight Briggs than another unknown European punching bag. I'm interested in seeing the Izu fight... this should tell if he really has potential... he sure looks the part.

I'd rather see him fight Briggs than another unknown European punching bag. I'm interested in seeing the Izu fight... this should tell if he really has potential... he sure looks the part.
Izu Ugonoh vs Oscar Rivas would be a great fight.
People arent talking about them two, but they should have their names in the convo of the HW upper echelons, by next yea

Its def not about Wilder. Dude tried to fight Povetkin fair and square. Problem is Haymon will say no.

An excuse that us fans shouldn't accept! He won't be stripped of the title for not taking this fight but there's no one else mentioned that deserves a shot. This is very different to the povetkin scenario

Absolutely right. And for us fans it's a great fckin fight.
Whats crazy is its not like its Mayweather vs Pac. These guys are very far from household names. Both guys are on record and press going after each other and saying they want to fight each other . Both guys want to fight on that date and both guys are in need of an opponent.
Yet people want to defend boxings model and the whole multi promotional debacle.

Whats crazy is its not like its Mayweather vs Pac. These guys are very far from household names. Both guys are on record and press going after each other and saying they want to fight each other . Both guys want to fight on that date and both guys are in need of an opponent.
Yet people want to defend boxings model and the whole multi promotional debacle.
I don't think anyone defends it but you can't force this thing on people who are businessmen, if a lot of companies merged they'd make a lot more money but it's business at the end of the day and it means certain fights won't get made. Just the way it is.

I don't think anyone defends it but you can't force this thing on people who are businessmen, if a lot of companies merged they'd make a lot more money but it's business at the end of the day and it means certain fights won't get made. Just the way it is.
Please See: NFL NBA MLB NHL UFC
No, boxing its rules or its model are not concrete things written in stone on tablets delivered from a God.
Lol it could be changed...Or not even changed just a new precedent set at the very least.
I agree with Jonny Ninja fans with excuses are pretty much accepting/defending this nonsense.
I mean come on we cant even get Wilder v Ortiz...lets stop and think about that. Thats literally not asking for much.
Its not even 1 month into the year and this is like the 3rd fight that makes perfect sense that may not happen just due to boxings model.

Wilder is trying to get away from Cheaters and people are wanting him to fight a Known Cheater like Ortiz. SMH.

Ortiz would fuck Wilder up and he probably knows it. Shouldn't matter but it does, this is boxing the worlds most corrupt sport.

Wilder is trying to get away from Cheaters and people are wanting him to fight a Known Cheater like Ortiz. SMH.
Well yeah, since getting caught doesnt equal a lifetime ban and Wilder has called him out before. Ortiz off drugs is still a better opponent than anybody on his resume or thats available by a lot.

Any word if Ortiz sent his management team to discuss business or was this just a twitter shout out ?

Any word on a real negotiated opponent ?

Back