Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury on Dec. 1 generated 325,000 ppv buys

It's considered a big success since the last time HWs headlined a U.S. PPV was back in 2006 (and that fight did 60k PPVs, it was abysmal). This is the first time heavyweights have any real buzz surrounding them since the days of Lennox, Tyson & Holyfield (at least in the U.S. market). The rematch is set to do bigger numbers than that. And I agree with other posters that the PPV model is on the decline big time.
Spot on.

Pussys that need every inch of their body protected and a game 1 hour long game with 2 hours of breaks/cheerleaders/adverts. There’s a reason why only yous give a fck about nfl when half the world is taking up rugby.
Lol @ them being pussies. Its a different game, and I can definitely see why those not used to it would be turned off, but its a fucking brutal sport.

The ratio is 3:1 for American vs UK PPV premium pricing.

If it did 325k, then it did 975k UK PPV, which is basically a million....

Now add Vegas sales gate in a rematch and it’s Armageddon for Hearns train of thought. One Denzel Washington, Jack Nicholson, or Tom Brady ticket costs about 20k USD innit. That’s basically a whole quarter section of a UK football arena.

Lol @ them being pussies. Its a different game, and I can definitely see why those not used to it would be turned off, but its a fucking brutal sport.

You could’ve just said, NFL pimps and the hurt game literally play Ram to Ram head wars... Rugby players would go into severa concussions or death if they their craniums went head on. As you said, a totally different sport. The NFL is no joke, but soccer is!

Haha You know im not completely serious with what I wrote, they are both fckin tough sports. What i will say though is rugby players have to learn how to tackle properly unlike NFL because they cant rely on padding and protection. I don’t mind US footie but it’s a bit too stop start and long winded for me

Haha You know im not completely serious with what I wrote, they are both fckin tough sports. What i will say though is rugby players have to learn how to tackle properly unlike NFL because they cant rely on padding and protection. I don’t mind US footie but it’s a bit too stop start and long winded for me

I haven't watched Football in a few years ever since the President forced a player out of the league and pressured independent companies to not hire a guy because he didn't like that he had free speech. That and the whole "kneeling to the flag is disrespectful" thing was just disgusting to me. Kneeling has been a sign of respect for like hundreds of years and someone from the military told Kap to do it so that he can protest police violence while still showing respect to the flag/troops.

I think the pads and helmets make Football way more dangerous for head trauma than if they didn't have them. Rugby seems safer for the brain and more brutal for more superficial/temporary injuries. I don't see it much cause it's not on much in America but it's more fun to watch and play.

Isn’t “footie” exclusive to kicking a ball? Hence the term. Legend has it that the reason Americans coined the pigskin game was to mock soccer.

Bear in mind the UK buys likely add at least another 200k to that albeit at a lower price point.

325k is actually vaguely encouraging for HW boxing in the US in 2018. It means for the first time since the early 00s there are a few HW fights that can potentially move the needle a bit on PPV in the US.

It's boxing, once you've graduated to MMA it's like watching flag football instead of NFL.

No one was talking about it.

Plenty of people I know were talking about it.

Obviously a lot of people on here are perfectly capable of enjoying both boxing and MMA too.

I haven't watched Football in a few years ever since the President forced a player out of the league and pressured independent companies to not hire a guy because he didn't like that he had free speech. That and the whole "kneeling to the flag is disrespectful" thing was just disgusting to me. Kneeling has been a sign of respect for like hundreds of years and someone from the military told Kap to do it so that he can protest police violence while still showing respect to the flag/troops.

I think the pads and helmets make Football way more dangerous for head trauma than if they didn't have them. Rugby seems safer for the brain and more brutal for more superficial/temporary injuries. I don't see it much cause it's not on much in America but it's more fun to watch and play.
Lol @ this crock of shit.

Can you be more passive agressive and vague?
It wasnt passive at all.

This is entirely a crock of shit. Take it to War Room with the rest of the SJWs.

It wasnt passive at all.

This is entirely a crock of shit. Take it to War Room with the rest of the SJWs.

Why is it a crock of shit? It's my opinion that the president shouldn't influence(try to control) free speech. You can disagree with it but my opinion is my opinion, you can dislike it all you want, it doesn't change anything.

It makes sense that a mod wouldn't be in favor of free speech though.

Why is it a crock of shit? It's my opinion that the president shouldn't influence(try to control) free speech. You can disagree with it but my opinion is my opinion, you can dislike it all you want, it doesn't change anything.

It makes sense that a mod wouldn't be in favor of free speech though.
All for it, thanks.

Doesnt mean I cant call the speech for what it is.

Dollar wise yes it almost certainly will. Human population has damn near doubled since the thrilla in Manila and the Congo fight
They were selling seats for $80 for Wilder Fury. This fight dollar wise isn't that big.

yeah the whole politisising NFL is bollocks, but you have a compulsive liar and fckwit as a leader, so its not really surprising. I have respect for those still taking a stand

As per my previous post, rugby players have to learn how to tackle rather than running head long in to each other. Head injuries aren't as big an issue, but the padding/helmets encourage players to use their heads to tackle in NFL? You can't tackle that way without it because you would have fatalities every game.

It is a good sport,and unlike NFL its easy to get in to, you just need a ball. Its a lot tougher than it looks as well.

yeah the whole politisising NFL is bollocks, but you have a compulsive liar and fckwit as a leader, so its not really surprising. I have respect for those still taking a stand

As per my previous post, rugby players have to learn how to tackle rather than running head long in to each other. Head injuries aren't as big an issue, but the padding/helmets encourage players to use their heads to tackle in NFL? You can't tackle that way without it because you would have fatalities every game.

It is a good sport,and unlike NFL its easy to get in to, you just need a ball. Its a lot tougher than it looks as well.

Yeah, you can't spear someone with your head without a helmet and pads without knocking yourself unconcious. I agree the helmets and pads makes it more dangers as it encorages players to use their heads as weapons. Rugby likely has more broken bones and cuts and more minor injuries but I would imagine it's much better for long term brain health.

I only wached NFL for one team anyway and there's almost as much commercial time and dead air as there is play time. Rugby seems to have less breaks in action.

What a load of bollocks.
You poor little snowflake.

What a load of bollocks.
You poor little snowflake.

lol, yeah, thinking that freedom of speech should be protected makes someone a snowflake. Not the people that get their panties in a twist and get offended about someone having an opinion they don't like.

I don't understand people like you and this backwards thinking.

Last edited:
Back