News Deontay Fury - "In order to beat the champion you need to dominate"

you get knocked out? that’s a concussion.

google second impact syndrome.

it is no joke, and if you are downplaying it then you are ignorant.

fury getting back up was him being too tough for his own good. ref should’ve protected him.

Google CTE and what the main cause is, it's not KOs it's sustained beatings which Fury did not take. The ref did his job and gave Fury the 10 count.

Look at the guys in combat sports that have CTE symptoms or brain damage, it's not the guys that get KOed easily or dropped from a handful of punches, it's the guys like Mark Hunt, Big Nog, Roy Nelson, Ali, Fraizer, Gatti and Chuck Liddell who took a lot of sustained beatings till they just couldn't anymore.

Guys like Arlovski and Overeem don't have those same issues because they haven't taken a bunch of sustained head trauma.

I appreciate a guy trying to take someone's head off more than a guy trying to jab and herky jerk his way to a points decision.

Points are there for a reason, I understand if you prefer a certain headhunter style of fighting...shit we all enjoy that. But I like the technical side of things too, and whether he won, lost or drew, Fury looked fantastic in the fight. Shit judging him physically you'd have been shocked to see him not totally gassed by the 12th round.

Roll on a rematch and then Wilder/AJ and Fury/AJ. Should be a great upcoming series of fights between the 3 if they sort out the business end of things.

Google CTE and what the main cause is, it's not KOs it's sustained beatings which Fury did not take. The ref did his job and gave Fury the 10 count.

Look at the guys in combat sports that have CTE symptoms or brain damage, it's not the guys that get KOed easily or dropped from a handful of punches, it's the guys like Mark Hunt, Big Nog, Roy Nelson, Ali, Fraizer, Gatti and Chuck Liddell who took a lot of sustained beatings till they just couldn't anymore.

Guys like Arlovski and Overeem don't have those same issues because they haven't taken a bunch of sustained head trauma.

ok we will clearly never agree.

you think what is going on with arlovski and overeem is ok, and i do not.

i would rather a fight be stopped too early and see our heroes live to fight another day.

ok we will clearly never agree.

you think what is going on with arlovski and overeem is ok, and i do not.

i would rather a fight be stopped too early and see our heroes live to fight another day.

I'm basing my opinion on scientific research and the rules of boxing, so probably not.

I'm basing my opinion on scientific research and the rules of boxing, so probably not.

scientific research? lol. scientific research says every single boxer and mma fighter (and football player) is going to wind up with cte and there is absolutely zero research to the contrary.

sorry to burst your bubble. ALL of our heroes are at extreme risk of cte.

there is no universe where getting hit in the head regularly doesnt fuck you up in the long term.

scientific research? lol. scientific research says every single boxer and mma fighter (and football player) is going to wind up with cte and there is absolutely zero research to the contrary.

sorry to burst your bubble. ALL of our heroes are at extreme risk of cte.

there is no universe where getting hit in the head regularly doesnt fuck you up in the long term.

Dude, read my posts before debating them. That's exactly what i'm saying, CTE and brain damage is mostly caused by getting hit in the head regularly, and scientific research shows that it's much worse to take a bunch of hard shots and take sustained beatings than to get KOed but take very few punches otherwise which is exactly what happened in Wilder vs Fury.

If Fury had taken a sustained beating then got knocked down like that I might agree with you but that didn't happen. He got hit with like 5 hard shots all fight and was able to beat the 10 count and didn't look unsteady at all when he got up.

Dude, read my posts before debating them. That's exactly what i'm saying, CTE and brain damage is mostly caused by getting hit in the head regularly, and scientific research shows that it's much worse to take a bunch of hard shots and take sustained beatings than to get KOed but take very few punches otherwise which is exactly what happened in Wilder vs Fury.

If Fury had taken a sustained beating then got knocked down like that I might agree with you but that didn't happen. He got hit with like 5 hard shots all fight and was able to beat the 10 count and didn't look unsteady at all when he got up.

do you understand that the majority of brain damage in boxing comes from sparring?

also, there is no intelligent person that thinks that someone with a concussion should immediately be allowed to get hit again. it is what is causing all the nfl rule changes.

you get a concussion? time to stop.

letting a fighter that was knocked unconscious get back up is extremely negligent.

do you understand that the majority of brain damage in boxing comes from sparring?

also, there is no intelligent person that thinks that someone with a concussion should immediately be allowed to get hit again. it is what is causing all the nfl rule changes.

you get a concussion? time to stop.

letting a fighter that was knocked unconscious get back up is extremely negligent.

Yes, i'm aware of that but i'm also aware of the rules of boxing and that the boxers aren't being forced into anything and they know the risks.

Boxing is more dangerous than MMA IMO but until they change the rules of boxing then the rules are the rules and the ref should follow them and do their job correctly.

I don't have any problem with him thinking he won, he needs to justify his performance to himself, and in his mind he might think he done enough that's ok with me, some of the rounds where close and with the two 10-8 he might have thought he did enough.

I don't like the fact he questioned the count as there was no way that was a slow count at all, I think ref did a great job and shouldn't be questioned. Wilder didn't need to do that but again it might be him justifying to himself he still has the ability to KO anyone as that is what his game is all about.
I think the count was fine, but after Fury got up the ref dropped the ball and I still don't understand what he was doing. I've watched the footage so many times and he appears to be randomly gesturing and then looked around to see if he gestured at the right person with no directions given to either fighter. Wilder was just pacing up and down nearby.

Yes, i'm aware of that but i'm also aware of the rules of boxing and that the boxers aren't being forced into anything and they know the risks.

Boxing is more dangerous than MMA IMO but until they change the rules of boxing then the rules are the rules and the ref should follow them and do their job correctly.

correct, the ref should do his job correctly and protect the fighters.

and yes boxing is more dangerous than mma. getting hit in the head is not good for you.

you keep coming back to the rules like there is some rule about a guaranteed 10 count. the rules say only the referee can stop the fight. there is no rule that says every fighter gets a 10 count. when a fighter gets hurt, the ref waves it off (to protect fighter safety).

maybe you dont watch a lot of boxing idk.

and yes boxing is more dangerous than mma. getting hit in the head is not good for you.

you keep coming back to the rules like there is some rule about a guaranteed 10 count. the rules say only the referee can stop the fight. there is no rule that says every fighter gets a 10 count. when a fighter gets hurt, the ref waves it off (to protect fighter safety).

The ref did do his job correctly, Fury got a 10 count, was up before 10 and was clear eyed and on solid legs. I do watch a lot of boxing and fighters have been dropped like that and gotten up before and won. Watch Holmes vs Shavers, the same thing happened only Holmes was actually not clear eyed or on steady legs when he got up unlike Fury.

The ref could have stopped the fight but it would have been a mistake.

Last edited:

Fury didn't just get up though, he got up and won the rest of the round. Your only proof that he was unconscious is that he had his eyes closed. Close your eyes and then tell me, are you unconscious?

Fury didn't just get up though, he got up and won the rest of the round. Your only proof that he was unconscious is that he had his eyes closed. Close your eyes and then tell me, are you unconscious?

my only proof that he was unconscious is that he was laying flat on his back with his eyes closed in the middle of the ring during the fight? you’re right. my bad. he was probably just resting his eyes.

bork1}

my only proof that he was unconscious is that he was laying flat on his back with his eyes closed in the middle of the ring during the fight? you’re right. my bad. he was probably just resting his eyes.

bork1}

how do you get up within seconds of being KTFO and you're prancing around and then seconds later you're landing shots and backing up the other fighter ? please explain that

bork1}
Boxers are TOLD to stay down after a knockdown rather than jumping up too quick like Judah did against Kostya Tszyu. The fact that Fury is talking to the ref at 5 suggests he wasn't knocked out at all, just dropped hard. You can debate about whether he was KO'd on impact or even when he hit the ground, but neither of those outcomes dictate what the referee will do, it's at his discretion whether to wave it off or begin a count, and he clearly made the right choice because Fury got up almost as if nothing had happened.

Compare that reaction to Lewis vs McCall 1, Lewis made it up in time and wasn't out cold but his legs told the real story and the fight was waved off. The ref could've waved the Fury/Wilder fight off but it wasn't necessary because Fury recovered.

Are the refs going to start waving fights off when a boxer gets stunned too because technically they were knocked out for the briefest of moments? the rules worked perfectly in that 12th round, except the ref taking so long to resume the action.

how do you get up within seconds of being KTFO and you're prancing around and then seconds later you're landing shots and backing up the other fighter ? please explain that

gypsy badassness? froch did the same thing against groves in their first fight.

gypsy badassness? froch did the same thing against groves in their first fight.

just looked up that fight .. well it's similar but froch looks dazed and shaky when he got up as opposed to fury who didn't .. he's probably lucky there was only seconds left in the round .. as for the fight, looked like groves was game at the start but froch is relentless .. very suspect stoppage though .. should've let him go a little longer .. he was still trying to fight back .. I saw he ko'd groves in the rematch so he cleared up any doubts there

Wilder gets hated like Jones gets hated like Israel gets hated like Floyd gets hated......all I see are fighters being hated on, at every turn.

If the man thinks he won the fight, then let him. Dominating the champ in his backyard isn't a new concept. It's been around forever. To be the man you have to beat the man, and sometimes then some.

If Floyd would have got dropped twice, and it was ruled a draw, this entire site might explode with the message traffic that would follow.

Wilder literally knocked him out.

Not sure why wilder is receiving hate even if you disagree with the judges its not his fault, he doesnt tally the scorecards.

Wilder literally knocked him out.

Not sure why wilder is receiving hate even if you disagree with the judges its not his fault, he doesnt tally the scorecards.

He's getting "hate" because he believes champions should get handicaps(free points). He's in favor of championship fights being scored unfairly in favor of the guy who happens to have the belt.

Back