Denver Police Ignore Immigration Officer' Pleas, Release Suspect Before Alleged Murder

This fucking shit makes everyone look bad who are trying help illegal immigrants. And just throws gasoline on an already burning issue. It's a PR disaster for those who are desperately trying to support immigrant rights. They should be as angry and disappointed as the opposition side because this kind of shit can turn the tide against them. I work in construction and have met countless illegals who are amazing workers and some of the nicest people I've ever met. I'm so torn on this issue and wish there was an easy solution because there has to be a middle ground somewhere. Good people who are willing to work and contribute our amazing country should be given a chance... Anyway

- Felony Offense - Check
- Known Gang Member - Check

So DPD releases this asshole on a $5,000 BOND with 25 minute notice. Are you fucking kidding me? Does DPD think they're being righteous by skirting the system? If ICE doesn't show after 25 minutes, give them a courtesy call and ask if they are coming and when they can be there to pick him up. Give them 24 hours.

Criminal charges against the department need to filed. Locate the one person who authorized his release and arrest him. Make him/her face the family of the guy who was murdered and explain why the piece of shit wasn't held to be deported.

Completely needless murder that didn't have to happen and was 100% preventable if procedures had been followed. And now, the Government gets to support this asshole for pretty much the rest of his life in Canyon City.

Outstanding.

Yeah, this seems like it's as much ICE's fault as it is the Denver Police Department's fault. ICE knew he was in custody and instead of going there immediately, they ask that they be notified before he's about to be released? How does that make any sense? Go there soon as you know he's in custody with a warrant and then take possession of him. Simple.

Bullshit and you know it.

If the Federal Government tried to make a law that any illegal immigrant who is arrested would get deported immediately, there'd be more retarded protesting and riots in the streets. It's been the standard operation procedure for the left these days.

All the Sanctuary Cities would make a big show of defying the Feds and ignore it anyway.

This fucking shit makes everyone look bad who are trying help illegal immigrants. And just throws gasoline on an already burning issue. It's a PR disaster for those who are desperately trying to support immigrant rights. They should be as angry and disappointed as the opposition side because this kind of shit can turn the tide against them. I work in construction and have met countless illegals who are amazing workers and some of the nicest people I've ever met. I'm so torn on this issue and wish there was an easy solution because there has to be a middle ground somewhere. Good people who are willing to work and contribute our amazing country should be given a chance... Anyway

- Felony Offense - Check
- Known Gang Member - Check

So DPD releases this asshole on a $5,000 BOND with 25 minute notice. Are you fucking kidding me? Does DPD think they're being righteous by skirting the system? If ICE doesn't show after 25 minutes, give them a courtesy call and ask if they are coming and when they can be there to pick him up. Give them 24 hours.

Criminal charges against the department need to filed. Locate the one person who authorized his release and arrest him. Make him/her face the family of the guy who was murdered and explain why the piece of shit wasn't held to be deported.

Completely needless murder that didn't have to happen and was 100% preventable if procedures had been followed. And now, the Government gets to support this asshole for pretty much the rest of his life in Canyon City.

Outstanding.

Wouldn't be surprised if the family files a lawsuit over this.

Sad that this scum makes illegal immigrants look bad...Literally .0000000000010% of illegals are violent criminals, truly a travesty that the right wing pussies won't look into.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the Victim was an "anchor baby", According to you right wing pussies, he shouldn't be considered a citizen thus an illegal killed an illegal in your little feeble minds.
Lol what a comment.

Something similar to this happened in SF. A reporter was killed by an illegal multiple time felon. I agree, those who enforce the sanctuary city laws, should be the ones held accountable when shit like this happens. Why dont we hear a peep from them?

Bullshit and you know it.

If the Federal Government tried to make a law that any illegal immigrant who is arrested would get deported immediately, there'd be more retarded protesting and riots in the streets. It's been the standard operation procedure for the left these days.

All the Sanctuary Cities would make a big show of defying the Feds and ignore it anyway.

Because there is no middle ground in politics, its either all or nothing.

People bitch about the left, but its not like the right is looking for any solution, their solution is deport everyone and then "maybe" we will work on the issue. That shit doesnt flies anymore in the face of complete cynicism from the right.

Criminals should be deported indeed.

How is this related? was he an immigrant too?

Someone gets released from prison and goes into a murderous rampage? that sounds like a total failure of the American prison system.

It's hard to tell with how poor the journalism is in this country.

Every news outlet is interchanging the words "Jail" and "Prison", "Parole" and "Probation".

Was he "Released early" or on Parole OR Probation? They can't seem to tell a coherent story.

It's hard to tell with how poor the journalism is in this country.

Every news outlet is interchanging the words "Jail" and "Prison", "Parole" and "Probation".

Was he "Released early" or on Parole OR Probation? They can't seem to tell a coherent story.

Says he was released in an effort to cut down incarceration rates, but then you release violent people that live in prisons that resemble a post-apocalyptic society back into the general population, i would be surprised if that didnt happened more often.

Blame war on drugs and punitive prison system for these individuals.

Says he was released in an effort to cut down incarceration rates, but then you release violent people that live in prisons that resemble a post-apocalyptic society back into the general population, i would be surprised if that didnt happened more often.

Blame war on drugs and punitive prison system for these individuals.

It's a tricky situation, because #1 -- you don't want to execute these people, or use them for forced labor. That's immoral. But then they can't be released. Then the first time budget cuts roll around, the jails and prisons are ALWAYS the first to get cut.

It's a tricky situation, because #1 -- you don't want to execute these people, or use them for forced labor. That's immoral. But then they can't be released. Then the first time budget cuts roll around, the jails and prisons are ALWAYS the first to get cut.

How about this weird concept of rehabilitation? i heard it kind of works.

But when a prison or jail barely has money to feed/clothe it's population, how do you expect to rehabilitate anyone? Counselors and programs cost money. Plus in order to operate those programs, you need additional officers to oversee and secure the programs.

I'm very much against illegal immigration but there is so much propaganda coming out of the right nowadays. If you look at any large population your bound to find criminals and murderers. I would like to know what are the numbers on crime between illegals vs citizens as a whole in order to come to a conclusion.

But when a prison or jail barely has money to feed/clothe it's population, how do you expect to rehabilitate anyone? Counselors and programs cost money. Plus in order to operate those programs, you need additional officers to oversee and secure the programs.

Costss 71k to incarcerate an inmate in California according thos this.

http://www.lao.ca.gov/PolicyAreas/CJ/6_cj_inmatecost

Clearly there is enough money going into the prison system for rehab.

Costss 71k to incarcerate an inmate in California according thos this.

http://www.lao.ca.gov/PolicyAreas/CJ/6_cj_inmatecost

Clearly there is enough money going into the prison system for rehab.

That's on average.

Think about medical costs of an aging population. The state HAS to pay for all inmates medical needs. Every doctor and dentist visit, every operation, etc.

That's also paying for the massive security operation --- 40k/year+benefits for entry level officers.

At the end of the day, almost every prison/jail in America is struggling to provide the bare minimum, and still struggling to hire people.

That's on average.

Think about medical costs of an aging population. The state HAS to pay for all inmates medical needs. Every doctor and dentist visit, every operation, etc.

That's also paying for the massive security operation --- 40k/year+benefits for entry level officers.

At the end of the day, almost every prison/jail in America is struggling to provide the bare minimum, and still struggling to hire people.

They have to pay that kind of security because most of them are treated like animals and ripe with prison gangs.

I agree that there is not an easy solution at this point, but they could start by trying to create new prisons and sending non-violent offenders there first before throwing them to the wolves.

Only if they want be be rehabilitated.

I know ex-cons that that have made a new life and plenty that said fuck it because it was easer to go back to the old life.

Some don't want to work hard to make what money they can in a regular job.

They have to pay that kind of security because most of them are treated like animals and ripe with prison gangs.

I agree that there is not an easy solution at this point, but they could start by trying to create new prisons and sending non-violent offenders there first before throwing them to the wolves.

Lots of prison systems do.

Florida has reception centers that screen and monitor inmates for just what you're talking about. Non-violent/low-risk go to "sweet" camps, while gang members and high-risk (due to a lot of factors) go to living hell camps like Santa Rosa, Swanee, Columbia, Union, etc.

I think the real solution is to break up the idea of housing inmates in their own state. High profile inmates are already shipped to different states, so there is a legal precedent.

But, lets use Florida as an example again:

Three 16 year old kids, buddies from the hood, commit armed robbery in Jacksonville, Florida
They go to jail together, they clique up with other homies from their same hood
Each is sentenced to 25 years, with 85% of their time mandatory-minimum.
They get to prison, and continue robbing people in prison as part of a gang
Fighting other gangs and "the po-lease" has made them more violent
They are released at the age of 38 back into their same neighborhoods, together.

This system, AND underfunding are real problems in our prison system. Not a lack of rehabilitation.

Sad that this scum makes illegal immigrants look bad...Literally .0000000000010% of illegals are violent criminals, truly a travesty that the right wing pussies won't look into.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the Victim was an "anchor baby", According to you right wing pussies, he shouldn't be considered a citizen thus an illegal killed an illegal in your little feeble minds.

Like 30% of federal prison is filled with illegals. lmao.

In my town a 50 year old raped a 14 year old girl and got arrested. The retarded police let him out of jail.............. where he fled to Mexico. He came back a year later and used a shotgun to blow his rape victim's head off.

Blew the poor 16 year old girl's head clean off a few years after he was arrested for raping her.

So glad the police treat illegal rapist criminals so well. So glad sanctuary cities exist. Surely they wont shoot our children.

I agree we need some reforms and we can start by doing away with all privately run prisons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back