Denver Police Ignore Immigration Officer' Pleas, Release Suspect Before Alleged Murder

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
Denver police have charged an illegal immigrant with murdering an American just one month after they released the alien from jail despite pleas from federal immigration officials.

The criminal illegal alien, Ever Valles, was arrested in February and charged with the murder of Tim Cruz, 32. The victim was waiting at the Sheridan light rail station when Valles and accomplice Nathan Valdez allegedly approached him with the intent to rob him, according to Fox 31, Denver.

Police say Valles and Valdez are seen on the rail station’s surveillance video after allegedly robbing and shooting Cruz. Both Valles and Valdez were arrested within days of the murder.

The Hispanic-American victim was a landscaper and a graduate of Denver’s Lincoln High School who had turned 32 only three weeks before his Feb. 7 murder.

The release-and-murder sequence has happened in other states, most notably, with the July 2015 murder of Kate Steinle in California by a released illegal alien.

Denver Police admit that Valles had been in their custody weeks before the murder.

He was arrested in January on car theft and other charges but was released even though the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency officials had asked the department to alert them when he was about to be released so they could pick him up for repatriation. Immigration officials say Valles was a priority individual because he is a known gang member and illegal alien. He is also reportedly included in the Colorado gang database.

According to the local Fox affiliate, ICE had asked the DPD to alert them so that Valles could be picked up for deportation, but the department simply released Valles without informing ICE officials in time.

DPD officials insist that ICE was notified, but reporters were told by ICE that the police only gave them a 25-minute warning before Valles was released. Immigration officers did not have time to get to the station to pick Valles up and take him into federal custody.

A Denver Sheriff’s spokesman insisted that their job is not to “hold people on civil matters.”

The City of Denver has not openly declared itself a “sanctuary city,” but its policies are little different from cities that have made that bold statement.

Indeed, only weeks ago Denver Mayor Michael Hancock said he “welcomes” being considered a place of sanctuary for illegals even if his city hasn’t made the official declaration.

“If being a sanctuary city means that we value taking care of one another, and welcoming refugees and immigrants, then I welcome the title. f being a sanctuary city means families and young ‘Dreamers’ live with hope and not fear, then Washington can label us whatever they want,” Hancock said in a Youtube video statement posted at the end of January.

In my opinion when something like this occurs due to Sanctuary policies those officers and or officials responsible for releasing the individual against the request of federal ICE officials should be liable for charges as accessories to the crime. At the least, their policies in direct contravention of Federal policy and requests smacks of complicity and facilitation. While they obviously did not want such an outcome from their actions, the fact of their disregard for the ICE request on an individual of known illegal status and gang membership is criminal and goes against the very idea of serving and protecting the community.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...r-police-release-alien-before-alleged-murder/

Last edited:
Yeah, this seems like it's as much ICE's fault as it is the Denver Police Department's fault. ICE knew he was in custody and instead of going there immediately, they ask that they be notified before he's about to be released? How does that make any sense? Go there soon as you know he's in custody with a warrant and then take possession of him. Simple.

Its doea says that ICE was notified.

Sad that this scum makes illegal immigrants look bad...Literally .0000000000010% of illegals are violent criminals, truly a travesty that the right wing pussies won't look into.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the Victim was an "anchor baby", According to you right wing pussies, he shouldn't be considered a citizen thus an illegal killed an illegal in your little feeble minds.

Immigrants need a good place to live & if some of us die because of it, so be it

Sad that this scum makes illegal immigrants look bad...Literally .0000000000010% of illegals are violent criminals, truly a travesty that the right wing pussies won't look into.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the Victim was an "anchor baby", According to you right wing pussies, he shouldn't be considered a citizen thus an illegal killed an illegal in your little feeble minds.
Literally 1 in one hundred trillion?

Lol

You are really on a roll today huh??? I've seen several posts from you in the past hour that could easily be the most stupid things I've seen all week.

lol...

Charge the officers that made the decision to release him with official misconduct. Take their badges.

Gavel-and-Judge.jpg

Yeah, this seems like it's as much ICE's fault as it is the Denver Police Department's fault. ICE knew he was in custody and instead of going there immediately, they ask that they be notified before he's about to be released? How does that make any sense? Go there soon as you know he's in custody with a warrant and then take possession of him. Simple.

Sounds like common sense to me. In addition to saving an Americans life, it would also have save a considerable amount of taxpayer dollars in holding the fucker for several weeks. ICE obviously knew he was there because they asked to be notified before his release. Why not just go get him right then?

Charge the officers that made the decision to release him with official misconduct. Take their badges.

Gavel-and-Judge.jpg

Why not charge the ICE people that knew he was there for several weeks and did not go and get him?

ICE just can't take him from their custody. He is their's until they decide they are done with him on whatever charges they have.

Its doea says that ICE was notified.

25 minutes is bull shit and they knew it. There was no way they could get to him in that amount of time and they ( whoever is in charge) knew that.

I hope the family of the victim sues the city and gets millions.

I hope the feds look into action they can take against the city in funding or whatever they can.

Denver PD held him for 25 minutes before they released him.

My agency hold prisoners for a couple hours because we know it takes ICE a couple hours to get to the jail.

good play Denver PD, good play.

Back