Den of Thieves - upcoming crime thriller with Gerard Butler (UPDATE: Saw it tonight, it's great!)

G

Guestx

This is coming out next weekend.

Is it on anyone's radar? I noticed @Dragonlordxxxxx doesn't even have a thread about it.

I think it could go either way, but I'm hopeful that it might be good.

I’m definitely going to check it out. I like everybody in it. Probably a fun entertaining flick.

I’m definitely going to check it out. I like everybody in it. Probably a fun entertaining flick.

Gerard Butler seems to be at a weird point in his career. I think both Olympus Has Fallen and London Has Fallen did well, but other than those two films, it seems like he hasn't had a hit in at least 10 years.

Hopefully this film will be big for him, but I suspect that even if the reviews are good it probably it will not do great at the box office. I'm just not hearing much buzz at all. I mean, it took an hour for this thread to even get the first response.

Who knows, though. Maybe it will be surprise me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerard Butler seems to be at a weird point in his career. I think both Olympus has fallen and London Has Fallen did well, but other than those two films, it seems like he hasn't had a hit in at least 10 years.

Hopefully this film will be big for him, but I suspect that even if the reviews are good it probably it will not do great at the box office. I'm just not hearing much buzz at all. I mean, it took an hour for this thread to even get the first response.

Who knows, though. Maybe it will be surprise me.
Yeh he hasn’t been in a lot of big hit movies especially lately but I still like seeing him. Also the dude that plays the leprechaun in American gods is awesome. This looks like a good ole fashion action popcorn movie and I love having a good entertaining time at the theater. Why not.

I figured Gerard Butler would've been more of a marquee actor after 300.

Personally, I didn't care for that one, but I know it was super popular.

He seems to have somewhat of an Eric Bana-esque career.

Though I prefer Bana.

I figured Gerard Butler would've been more of a marquee actor after 300.

Personally, I didn't care for that one, but I know it was super popular.

He seems to have somewhat of an Eric Bana-esque career.

Though I prefer Bana.

That's an interesting comparison between Butler and Bana. I feel like Butler has gotten more leading roles and has gotten a lot more of a push from the studios. Kind of like with Ryan Reynolds, it seems like they've really wanted to make him a star even though his box office results are often disappointing.

I first saw him years ago in Dracula 2000. I wouldn't call him a favorite actor, but I like him and I agree that it feels like he should've had more big successes than he has.

Just saw the trailer while watching UFC

Looks dope..Love heist movies

It also has O'shea Jackon Jr. The son of Ice Cube. I thought he was passable in Straight Outta Compton, but he has room for improvement. I hope he can do better in this one.

Why does this movie make me want to by a Criss Vector?

Kriss_Vector.jpg

I usually don't watch these kinds of movies in theater, but I might pay to see this if the reviews are good.

I noticed @Dragonlordxxxxx doesn't even have a thread about it.

I think it could go either way, but I'm hopeful that it might be good.
I didn't make one because I didn't think this movie deserved a thread at the time.

I did notify you about the trailer last October though and to see if you would want to make a thread about it.
@shadow_priest_x Check out the trailer for this new Gerard Butler film. It looks interesting. Normally if 50 Cent is involved in a movie, it's likely going to be bad. But this one looks promising. Then again, it's scheduled to be released on a January, so not looking good.

Geostorm was unintentionally the funniest film of the year last year. I'll probably check this out and hope for more of the same.

I didn't make one because I didn't think this movie deserved a thread at the time.

I did notify you about the trailer last October though and to see if you would want to make a thread about it.

Indeed. Well hey, guess what, I made that thread. . .

Just took me a little while.

Geostorm was unintentionally the funniest film of the year last year. I'll probably check this out and hope for more of the same.

I liked GeoStorm fairly well. Certainly not a top-tier disaster film but I enjoyed it a lot more than shit like The Core and 2012.

I can’t think of anything good that Butler has done.

I can’t think of anything good that Butler has done.

I enjoyed:

Dracula 2000
Reign of Fire (supporting role)
Tomb Raider (supporting role)
The Phantom of the Opera
Nim's Island (supporting role)
Olympus Has Fallen
God's of Egypt

GeoStorm and Law Abiding Citizen were also okay.

This is what you call a redbox rental

Lol at supporting 50 cent... 50 cents for a movie he’s in might be too much.

It looks like ii's going to be awful.

I enjoyed:

Dracula 2000
Reign of Fire (supporting role)
Tomb Raider (supporting role)
The Phantom of the Opera
Nim's Island (supporting role)
Olympus Has Fallen
God's of Egypt

GeoStorm and Law Abiding Citizen were also okay.

Like I said...

<Moves>

Is this a Heat remake lol? The first minute looks like a scene by scene remake of the van robbery in Heat mixed with the last shootout. Director probably thought it would add a touch of originality if they put a rapper in it.

Back