Dems win two state assembly seats

Consider this your political participation trophy. Now go out there and do again little gippers!

Meanwhile republicans control the Presidency, Congress, and soon the Supreme Court.

Meanwhile republicans control the Presidency, Congress, and soon the Supreme Court.
No reason to be cocky about that. If can easily be lost and then there will be a great gnashing of teeth and a great wailing will be heard among the great unwashed masses as further obstructionism and progressive globalism becomes and even deeper rooted word of the day.

Actually, I rather expect it to happen. Liberals are riled up like a hornets nest and ready to sting conservatism to death.

No reason to be cocky about that. If can easily be lost and then there will be a great gnashing of teeth and a great wailing will be heard among the great unwashed masses as further obstructionism and progressive globalism becomes and even deeper rooted word of the day.

Actually, I rather expect it to happen. Liberals are riled up like a hornets nest and ready to sting conservatism to death.

I think even the best case scenario the GOP has got to be prepared to lose some seats.

Even if people like Trump, the GOP would lose some seats just because.

I'm not gonna take it for too much yet but pretty interesting.

I think even the best case scenario the GOP has got to be prepared to lose some seats.

Even if people like Trump, the GOP would lose some seats just because.
Agreed. The GOP won an unprecedented victory during this election cycle but nothing lasts forever and politics are ultimately decided by the people. I'm not sure conservative America has it in them to sustain their involvement and interest in maintaining their current political gains especially if they increasingly feel like they actually gained very little or nothing at all for the effort.

Agreed. The GOP won an unprecedented victory during this election cycle but nothing lasts forever and politics are ultimately decided by the people. I'm not sure conservative America has it in them to sustain their involvement and interest in maintaining their current political gains especially if they increasingly feel like they actually gained very little or nothing at all for the effort.

I think the race in Georgia is very telling for things to come.

Another never-Democrat seat is about to get lost.

Noname Jon Ossof is projected to be 7 points ahead in that runoff election.

Very possible, but I rarely pay attention to those projections. The factors involved in coming up with those projections are too mercurial. All it takes is one deplorable faux pas to radically change outcomes when it comes to politics.

What would be interesting is if conservatives decide to put a scare into the GOP by backing some of their opponents to show they are serious about being heard and their concerns addressed. Although that sort of strategic gamesmanship isn't something I expect of middle America.

Here's an outlandish senario I was wondering about...What would happen if after being elected an official decided to change parties? Would they still be able to retain their appointment?

What would be interesting is if conservatives decide to put a scare into the GOP by backing some of their opponents to show they are serious about being heard and their concerns addressed. Although that sort of strategic gamesmanship isn't something I expect of middle America.
My first read of your post left me thinking "ok, quite reasonable". The problem is the GOP doesn't actually support policies that help regular people.

Sure, voting can absolutely change politicians but I just don't see how Rs can go through a massive transformation. How would they change? Become Democrats?

Edit: Just saw your other post with the question on changing parties.

My first read of your post left me thinking "ok, quite reasonable". The problem is the GOP doesn't actually support policies that help regular people.

Sure, voting can absolutely change politicians but I just don't see how Rs can go through a massive transformation. How would they change? Become Democrats?

What I meant by that 1st post is basically telling the GOP " We voted you in to handle our concerns, we can vote you out or allow you to be voted out" and then do so in a select few races to prove their point.

What I meant by that 1st post is basically telling the GOP " We voted you in to handle our concerns, we can vote you out or allow you to be voted out" and then do so in a select few races to prove their point.
I'm with you man, again totally reasonable. My point is the GOP supports policies that don't actually help these people, so even if they were effective they're going to be disappointed.

The other post was just an question I don't have an answer for. Just curious what would happen? I understand it's so highly unlikely its laughable, but still, if it did occur how would it be handled?

Oh, how's that for a CT...sleeper politicians slowly infiltrating a political party or organization just to work their nefarious plan when conditions were right. lol :)

The other post was just an question I don't have an answer for. Just curious what would happen? I understand it's so highly unlikely its laughable, but still, if it did occur how would it be handled?

Oh, how's that for a CT...sleeper politicians slowly infiltrating a political party or organization just to work their nefarious plan when conditions were right. lol :)
Now that I come to think of it, that would explain the EU.....;)

TBH I dont care who is in charge. Nothing any politician does effects me. I just root for the side that is winning.

Well Trump isn't being that effective. It is good if there is a backlash. That's why he was elected in the first place. Hopefully at some point he does something great. Like when he got out of the tpp

Back