Democrats Propose over $1 Billion for Election Cyber Security

Oh, so they want money to censor Facebook on anything they consider fake or not in their best interest huh?

It was a joke... I'm not surprised you didn't realize that though

How about avoiding the issue altogether by simply not using voting machines that can be hacked?
I still fill out a paper ballot.

I fail to see how it couldn't work.

It's far easier to corrupt one voting machine vs. thousands of ballots.

I have more confidence in my paper ballot then I would any voting machine.

Last edited:
It was a joke... I'm not surprised you didn't realize that though
Too hard to determine whether you're simply joking or not, you're about that rabid at times.

Trump didn't sign off on sanctions that passed congress.

As far as how easy it is to "hack", you are being very naïve.

Fair enough Mr. Rib.

Please show me how naive I am, especially in the realm of detection and diplomacy.

Going to need national voter I.D. to ensure that Russians aren't bussing in to vote multiple times.

If Ted Cruz (the lunatic that he is) introduced a bill to stop hacking of voter machines I (as a liberal) would be all for it. It's amazing that if a Dem cured cancer some posters on this board would figure out a way to make it partisan

Are you sure that what Ted Cruz and you would consider to be the correct way to handle the problem in the hypothetical would pan out?

I think you might assume that if Ted Cruz did it according to your guidelines.

If so fair enough, if not then welcome to the other 40% of the left/right schism.

My reaction:
1. Of course , we need to step up our cybersecurity game in the face of mounting security problems.
2. A thousand MILLION dollars?

How much should it cost, and let's not have a Trump official in charge of it. They're incompetent and not to be trusted.

Are you sure that what Ted Cruz and you would consider to be the correct way to handle the problem in the hypothetical would pan out?

I think you might assume that if Ted Cruz did it according to your guidelines.

If so fair enough, if not then welcome to the other 40% of the left/right schism.

No, I would read the bill and decide for myself. People in here are against it simply because a Dem proposed it

sounds like some bank padding

lol @ a billion dollars for this crap, with that much money, they can build their own voting machines that are hack resistant.

Why must they buy it from an oligopoly?

No, I would read the bill and decide for myself. People in here are against it simply because a Dem proposed it

Good.

That puts you in the minority now a days here and in larger American society. (Where people care at all about politics.)

Where Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are not trigger words.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Congressional Democrats on Wednesday introduced legislation that would provide more than $1 billion to boost cyber security of U.S. voting systems, saying inaction has made elections vulnerable to more interference from Russian hackers.

The cyber security bill followed warnings on Tuesday from U.S. intelligence officials that this year’s midterm races are likely to experience meddling from Russia and possibly other foreign adversaries.

“We cannot let the Russians laugh about and take joy in the success they had in the last election,” Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic leader in the House of Representatives, said at a news conference. “Their goal is to undermine democracy.”

Lawmakers have introduced several bills, some with bipartisan support, to bolster election security since the 2016 election, though none have become law.

The legislation has no Republican co-sponsors in the House, which is controlled by the party. It is the most comprehensive bill to date and is aimed at bolstering protection for November’s midterms and subsequent elections.

The Election Security Act would provide $1 billion for the U.S. Election Assistance Commission to give to help states buy voting machines that incorporate backup paper ballots, hire security staff and conduct risk assessments.

The measure would create a $20 million grant program for states to perform post-election audits. States would also get $1 for each voter in the most recent election for security purposes.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ion-for-election-cyber-security-idUSKCN1FY2S5

I think this is not only a terrific idea, but an absolutely necessary one. I like all of the measures discussed in the article. I would like more money allocated, but besides that, it's great.

Glad that they put the hammer on these 500K of FB adds and on these 300 Russian bots !!!!

Such aggression will not stand, man !

This issue could be so easily avoided by not having a democracy.
Another billion wasted on a dying system. Every snowflake these days need to a "vote" or "rights".
Whatever happened to the good old monarchy worked excellent for 1000's of year.
No one needed a "vote" or "rights". No matter the level of inbreeding there was no issue with voter fraud.

SAD

Or this system that this Austrian gentleman tried in Germany in the 1930s?

Fair enough Mr. Rib.

Please show me how naive I am, especially in the realm of detection and diplomacy.

Every one of our intelligent agencies have determined that Russia is trying to undermine our elections. Are you asserting that there is a massive collusion between these agencies that include the CIA, FBI, and NSA? Is that your angle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back