Democrats against Charter schools: corruption, racism, propaganda? All?

ReAnimator Reagan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok, so charter schools are public schools in that they are funded by tax dollars. But the money follows the student as it should be. Teachers do not have to pay union dues or be in union it seems.
It is bring choice and free market benefits to education of our children, and the competition is bringing up everyone's game.

Charters are cheaper per pupil (receive less TAX MONEY) and outperform public schools in their area.
THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE TO HAVE THE RESULTS PROMISED OR THEY CAN BE CLOSED.
They are not subject to as many regulations as regular public schools.
Minority and low income students benefit disproportionately more.

They also tend to have a more involved community and parents are more involved.

Now, all this said, why are the Democrats against them while the Republicans are for them?

1) Teachers unions--- these are money making machines and they have a first in and last out policy---meaning better teachers that are young will be fired before old teachers who suck ass. This lets these old bitches do a shitty job and keep it. Not a care about the kids.
Unions lobby the democrats.

2) Racism --- minorities do better in charter schools fact. While you see the rich white liberal hating school choice, you best believe they will pitch a fit if THEIR children's public school wants to rezone in a way to make it browner.
Also, since these schools help minority students succeed and have better collage finishing rates, this would empower these minority and low income students with education---a real one---that they can parlay into being a successful adult and bringing up their community.
If these democrat "owned" voting groups become successful, they will be better able to take care of themselves and not need the nanny state----which would fuck the democrats

3) propaganda --- since the dems and teachers unions are in bed with each other, the dems can use the public schools to push their agenda to children in typical marxist fashion. From sending children in 1st grade to the office fo trans shit to walking out because a republican got elected, the dems know that properly shouted, echoed, and unchallenged lies are better than truth for the democratic party. The teachers unions keep getting money from us.

Dems- don't give a fuck about minorities, about america, about you. Only about an all encompassing government looking more and more like marxist bags of doo doo.

MY OPINION: The Dems are doing it because of all 3: Racism, corruption,

BELOW ARE VIDEOS AND INFO DUMP IF YOU CARE

What is the difference between charter schools and other public schools?
Charter schools are public schools of choice, meaning that families choose them for their children. They operate with freedom from some of the regulations that are imposed upon district schools. Charter schools are accountable for academic results and for upholding the promises made in their charters. They must demonstrate performance in the areas of academic achievement, financial management, and organizational stability. If a charter school does not meet performance goals, it may be closed.

Additionally, charter schools have been more successful at closing racial achievement gaps than district schools have been. A meta analysis of four different studies showed that Black students in charter schools scored 4.5 percentage points better than their district peers in English and 2.6 percentage points better in math. Through a series of education reforms that return power to parents, including charter schools, Florida’s Hispanic students now outscore the assessment averages for all races in 28 states, and their Black students outscore the average in 8 states.

Charter schools often produce stunning results for their generally low-income and minority students. This year, charter schools dominated U.S. News and World Report’s top high schools rankings, claiming six of the top 10 spots. Of the top 100 schools nationwide, 34 were charter schools.

Statistics for charter schools as a whole are hard to come by, but the best estimate puts charters’ college persistence rates at around 23%. To be fair, the rate overall for low-income students – the kind of students typically served by charters – is even worse: just 9%. For low-income, high-minority urban public schools, most comparable to charters, the rate is 15%.

Only 39 percent of all students in New York state schools who were tested recently scored at the “proficient” level in math, but 100 percent of the students at the Crown Heights Success Academy school scored at that level in math. Blacks and Hispanics are 90 percent of the students in the Crown Heights Success Academy. The Success Academy schools in general ranked in the top 2 percent in English and in the top 1 percent in math. Hispanic students in these schools reached the “proficient” level in math nearly twice as often as Hispanic students in the regular public schools. Black students in these Success Academy schools reached the “proficient” level more than twice as often as black students in the regular public schools. What makes this all the more amazing is that these charter schools are typically located in the same ghettos or barrios where other blacks or Hispanics are failing miserably on the same tests. More than that, successful charter schools are often physically housed in the very same buildings as the unsuccessful public schools. In other words, minority kids from the same neighborhood, going to school in classes across the hall from each other, or on different floors, are scoring far above average and far below average on the same tests. If black success were considered half as newsworthy as black failures, such facts would be headline news — and people who have the real interests of black and other minority students at heart would be asking, “Wow! How can we get more kids into these charter schools?” Many minority parents have already taken notice. More than 43,000 families are on waiting lists to get their children into charter schools. But admission is by lottery, and far more have to be turned away than can be admitted.

Why? Because the teachers’ unions are opposed to charter schools — and they give big bucks to politicians, who in turn put obstacles and restrictions on the expansion of charter schools. These include politicians like New York’s “progressive” mayor, Bill de Blasio, who poses as a friend of blacks by denigrating the police, standing alongside Al Sharpton. The net result is that 90 percent of New York City’s students are taught in the regular public schools that have nothing like the success of charter schools run by KIPP and Success Academy.

The results speak for themselves, as "students in school choice programs saw their reading and math scores improve by 27 percent and 15 percent, respectively," per a University of Arkansas study. The problem is that teachers' unions are a major obstacle toward achieving school choice.

Teacher's unions raise over $300 million annually from mandatory fees, which are used to advocate for more taxpayer dollars for education. However, that money is actually used to empower the teacher's unions rather than improve the quality of education. For instance, "California, which ranks 45th in the nation in reading and math despite spending over 55 billion dollars a year on education."

"That’s over 52% of the state’s total budget," Friederichs said. "Yet rarely is anyone held accountable for these dismal results. I’ve personally seen excellent, new teachers lose their jobs while incompetent, and even abusive, veteran teachers keep theirs because of the unions’ infamous 'last in, first out' layoff and tenure rules."

Charter schools are merely a vehicle being used to move us away from public schooling. Defund, defund, defund. Then you point to how poorly the schools are performing to justify further cuts and expansion into charter schools and voucher programs. The end goal is the elimination of public schools, and using tax dollars to give tax credits for the wealthy to send their children to private school.

Oh this is lovely.

So fuck All those single moms with badass kids working multiple jobs to put them in boarding school huh?

Just put them in Bootcamp huh?

How about you bastards(dems) focus on the school to prison pipeline instead of worrying about what parents do with their money and kids?

Charter schools are merely a vehicle being used to move us away from public schooling. Defund, defund, defund. Then you point to how poorly the schools are performing to justify further cuts and expansion into charter schools and voucher programs. The end goal is the elimination of public schools, and using tax dollars to give tax credits for the wealthy to send their children to private school.

I suggest you read the OP because you are incorrect in every thing you say here.

"Charter schools are merely a vehicle being used to move us away from public schooling. "
Um, Charter Schools are public tuition free schools. People pay property taxes that are used to pay for school. The money follows the student. So the regular public schools will lose money if the kids have a better PUBLIC school that is a charter school that they can go to.
So this makes competition which drives up the quality and down the costs.

"The end goal is the elimination of public schools, and using tax dollars to give tax credits for the wealthy to send their children to private school."
Again, charter schools are public schools. They are so popular they have to use a lottery system.

So if you are in a bad public school district, you can go to a charter school IN YOUR SAME DISTRICT if you win the lottery, or PAY to go to a private school, or STAY in an under performing school/
So guess who benefits the most from charter schools???? Low income and minority students WHICH HAS BEEN PROVEN!!!

" wealthy to send their children to private school"
LOL, the wealthy school districts already have great public schools. Their is no need to send their kids to a private school. You think Beverly Hills high school is not good and filled with rich kids.

Please either agree with me or formulate an argument based in reality.

PS- love how you posted zero proof of your FEELINGS. Guess you don't give a fuck about minorities and low income people----just like a fucking Democrap.

Finland ranks #1 in education and they have outlawed charter schools.

Hmm I wonder why????

Finland ranks #1 in education and they have outlawed charter schools.

Hmm I wonder why????

You tell me?
Also, Finland does not rank #1 in education.
From 2016
http://www.master-and-more.eu/en/news-detail/news/top-40-education-systems-in-the-world/

So, do you think if we outlaw charter schools that we will take the top spot?

The evidence---ACTUAL HARD FACTUAL EVIDENCE--says that in America, where americans tend to live, that kids do better in charters schools--- that low income and minority students excel at a disproportionate rate.

But you seem to be against charter schools for the USA. Why is that exactly? It is cost effective, they HAVE to have proper results to stay in business, and it is better quality.
I just don't see the downside.
But I am sure you have a fact based argument.

Im pro charter schools but I think some states have handled them recklessly. I think a key principle you need in place is stability for the kids doing schooling. For that reason, a private school need to be able to stay in place for 5-10 years minimum before we consider giving them vouchers. Some of the problems with these schools is someone starts one up with vouchers and it's shut down within the year which displaces the students. You don't want that occur and should only want the stable schools to survive and eventually be funded.

I actually think this is a more important issue because I very much oppose how a lot of school funding can come from local taxes. This causes the largest amount of inequality in opportunity just from what area you were born in. Once we can get funding allocated far more to each student than each school district or school, we should see a lot better results imo.

We have some good charter schools where I live, some of the best in the state. Public schools are by and large zoos that produce mediocrity..No way I'm sending my kids to get an inferior education.

Some charter schools are good, some are bad.

To say there are unanimous results and conclusive data either way is ridiculous and simply untrue.

However, one thing that is consistent is that public schools tank in states where there is wide charter expansion.

For example, Michigan, Betsy DeVos home state, was ranked in the middle of the pack nationally in both math and reading before charter expansion. Now the are ranked in the 40s in both.

Reason is simple: charter schools get to pick and choose who they admit, they DONT have to take special education students, and they don't have to follow the same mandates. They ciphon off funding and good students from public school while the public schools are left with less funding and all the mandates.

If charter schools are going to get tax payer dollars, they should have to take whoever applies, they should have to take their fair share of special education students, and they should be subject to all the same mandates and testing as public schools.

Charter school proponents like Betsy DeVos don't want a level playing field, they want a rigged game.

Oh, and every country that is out performing us in education relies primarily on public schools, and most of them have stronger labor laws and more union membership across society, too. So there's that.
There's also this to consider before further breaking unions (not that it should be the number one consideration in this particular discussion):
unionmembershipratesweb-01.png

Last edited:
Im pro charter schools but I think some states have handled them recklessly. I think a key principle you need in place is stability for the kids doing schooling. For that reason, a private school need to be able to stay in place for 5-10 years minimum before we consider giving them vouchers. Some of the problems with these schools is someone starts one up with vouchers and it's shut down within the year which displaces the students. You don't want that occur and should only want the stable schools to survive and eventually be funded.

I actually think this is a more important issue because I very much oppose how a lot of school funding can come from local taxes. This causes the largest amount of inequality in opportunity just from what area you were born in. Once we can get funding allocated far more to each student than each school district or school, we should see a lot better results imo.

I think for the most part they are very hard to start and seem easy to close if they don't perform.

Some charter schools are good, some are bad.

To say there are unanimous results and conclusive data either way is ridiculous and simply untrue.

However, one thing that is consistent is that public schools tank in states where there is wide charter expansion.

For example, Michigan, Betsy DeVos home state, was ranked in the middle of the pack nationally in both math and reading before charter expansion. Now the are ranked in the 40s in both.

Reason is simple: charter schools get to pick and choose who they admit, they DONT have to take special education students, and they don't have to follow the same mandates. They ciphon off funding and good students from public school while the public schools are left with less funding and all the mandates.

If charter schools are going to get tax payer dollars, they should have to take whoever applies, they should have to take their fair share of special education students, and they should be subject to all the same mandates and testing as public schools.

Charter school proponents like Betsy DeVos don't want a level playing field, they want a rigged game.

"to say there are unanimous results and conclusive data either way is ridiculous and simply untrue."
- but stats overall are available and support my point

"Reason is simple: charter schools get to pick and choose who they admit"
- you have anything to back that up? seems for the most part it is a lottery with kids local to district having priority

"They ciphon off funding and good students from public school"
- the money follows the student and charters are more cost effective and more innovative, if the public schools were better than charter then the kids would not go there....regular pub school have many advantages like sports teams and etc

Also, do you have any facts to back up anything? It seems like feelings you gots

oh look someone named Reagan doesn't like unions.

Why would I? They are made to lobby and get wages that are not fair market, and they also keep shitty employees from getting fired.

For schools, do you think it is better for under performing teachers to get fired or that teachers with less years should automatically be fired?

I think for the most part they are very hard to start and seem easy to close if they don't perform.

"to say there are unanimous results and conclusive data either way is ridiculous and simply untrue."

- you have anything to back that up? seems for the most part it is a lottery with kids local to district having priority

- the money follows the student and charters are more cost effective and more innovative, if the public schools were better than charter then the kids would not go there....regular pub school have many advantages like sports teams and etc

Also, do you have any facts to back up anything? It seems like feelings you gots

Why would I? They are made to lobby and get wages that are not fair market, and they also keep shitty employees from getting fired.

For schools, do you think it is better for under performing teachers to get fired or that teachers with less years should automatically be fired?

We shouldn't want closures to be common however. That lead to students having to be involuntarily moved around. The key to good charter schooling is ensuring the ones that are funding are stable and won't be closing shortly after they acquire funding

Here's a story about what happened in Michigan under widespread charter expansion.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/betsy-devos-michigan-school-experiment-232399
Here's a link to a thread I started a while ago. It has good material in it, particularly about who DeVos is and what her motivations are.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...-teaching-or-admistrative-experience.3451933/

Charter schools usually do accept students on a lottery basis. BUT the lottery itself is a huge screening/ selection process, as families that go through the process are likely to actually care about education. In fact, the book Freakanomics showed that just signing up for a charter lottery was a greater predicter of academic success than actually going to a charter school! Think about that for a minute.

Plus, the big issue, as I said, is that charter schools are exempt from IDEA and FAPE... they don't have to deal with students with disabilities or special needs. This is a massive burden on public schools.

Last edited:
Here's a story about what happened in Michigan under widespread charter expansion.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/betsy-devos-michigan-school-experiment-232399
Here's a link to a thread I started a while ago. It has good material in it, particularly about who DeVos us and what her motivations are.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...-teaching-or-admistrative-experience.3451933/

Charter schools usually do accept students on a lottery basis. BUT the lottery itself is a huge screening/ selection process, as families that go through the process are likely to actually care about education. In fact, the book Freakanomics showed that just signing up for a charter lottery was a greater predicter of academic success than actually going to a charter school! Think about that for a minute.

Plus, the big issue, as I said, is that charter schools are exempt from IDEA and FAPE... they don't have to deal with students with disabilities or special needs. This is a massive burden on public schools.

On the Michigan case, it is interesting in that you see they have less rules about charter schools than other places, but it seems like they do well in Michigan, from your article.
Seems like they are tightening the rules and forcing closing if they do not perform.

So this does not seem indicative of charter schools period, but charter schools without the right requirements, although they state that math and reading is better in charters there than regular pubs.

"To be sure, Michigan has some high-performing charter schools, too. DeVos supporterspoint to a 2013 Stanford study that found that Michigan charter-school students are learning at a faster rate in reading and math than their public-school peers — seeing an additional two months of gains in each subject. Gains for Detroit charter-school students were greater, at three months."

"Michigan permits practices barred by some other states, such as for-profit charter operators, virtual charter schools and multiple charter-authorizing bodies. Along the way, fraud and waste has been a problem — one charter school spent more than $1 million on acquiring swampland it doesn’t use, The Detroit Free Press has reported. A federal audit this year noted that Michigan’s charter-school law doesn’t include rules regarding conflicts of interest, among other issues."

"To be sure, Michigan has some high-performing charter schools, too. DeVos supporterspoint to a 2013 Stanford study that found that Michigan charter-school students are learning at a faster rate in reading and math than their public-school peers — seeing an additional two months of gains in each subject. Gains for Detroit charter-school students were greater, at three months."

"Earlier this year, state lawmakers took some steps to beef up oversight of charters — steps largely supported by DeVos. They included a measure requiring automatic closure of charters than rank in the bottom 5 percent of schools for three consecutive years.

Michigan also created an A-F accountability system for Detroit, where schools receiving an F for three years must be closed. Authorizers that want to open a new charter school in the city must be accredited, and failing charters can no longer shop for a new authorizer."

We shouldn't want closures to be common however. That lead to students having to be involuntarily moved around. The key to good charter schooling is ensuring the ones that are funding are stable and won't be closing shortly after they acquire funding

Right. It depends on the reasons that they are failing. If it is teaching methods and etc, then fine. But if it is a thing with students unwilling to learn that is another....although they should be fewer.

Ok, so charter schools are public schools in that they are funded by tax dollars. But the money follows the student as it should be. Teachers do not have to pay union dues or be in union it seems.
It is bring choice and free market benefits to education of our children, and the competition is bringing up everyone's game.

Charters are cheaper per pupil (receive less TAX MONEY) and outperform public schools in their area.
THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE TO HAVE THE RESULTS PROMISED OR THEY CAN BE CLOSED.
They are not subject to as many regulations as regular public schools.
Minority and low income students benefit disproportionately more.

They also tend to have a more involved community and parents are more involved.

Now, all this said, why are the Democrats against them while the Republicans are for them?

1) Teachers unions--- these are money making machines and they have a first in and last out policy---meaning better teachers that are young will be fired before old teachers who suck ass. This lets these old bitches do a shitty job and keep it. Not a care about the kids.
Unions lobby the democrats.

2) Racism --- minorities do better in charter schools fact. While you see the rich white liberal hating school choice, you best believe they will pitch a fit if THEIR children's public school wants to rezone in a way to make it browner.
Also, since these schools help minority students succeed and have better collage finishing rates, this would empower these minority and low income students with education---a real one---that they can parlay into being a successful adult and bringing up their community.
If these democrat "owned" voting groups become successful, they will be better able to take care of themselves and not need the nanny state----which would fuck the democrats

3) propaganda --- since the dems and teachers unions are in bed with each other, the dems can use the public schools to push their agenda to children in typical marxist fashion. From sending children in 1st grade to the office fo trans shit to walking out because a republican got elected, the dems know that properly shouted, echoed, and unchallenged lies are better than truth for the democratic party. The teachers unions keep getting money from us.

Dems- don't give a fuck about minorities, about america, about you. Only about an all encompassing government looking more and more like marxist bags of doo doo.

MY OPINION: The Dems are doing it because of all 3: Racism, corruption,

BELOW ARE VIDEOS AND INFO DUMP IF YOU CARE

What is the difference between charter schools and other public schools?
Charter schools are public schools of choice, meaning that families choose them for their children. They operate with freedom from some of the regulations that are imposed upon district schools. Charter schools are accountable for academic results and for upholding the promises made in their charters. They must demonstrate performance in the areas of academic achievement, financial management, and organizational stability. If a charter school does not meet performance goals, it may be closed.

Additionally, charter schools have been more successful at closing racial achievement gaps than district schools have been. A meta analysis of four different studies showed that Black students in charter schools scored 4.5 percentage points better than their district peers in English and 2.6 percentage points better in math. Through a series of education reforms that return power to parents, including charter schools, Florida’s Hispanic students now outscore the assessment averages for all races in 28 states, and their Black students outscore the average in 8 states.

Charter schools often produce stunning results for their generally low-income and minority students. This year, charter schools dominated U.S. News and World Report’s top high schools rankings, claiming six of the top 10 spots. Of the top 100 schools nationwide, 34 were charter schools.

Statistics for charter schools as a whole are hard to come by, but the best estimate puts charters’ college persistence rates at around 23%. To be fair, the rate overall for low-income students – the kind of students typically served by charters – is even worse: just 9%. For low-income, high-minority urban public schools, most comparable to charters, the rate is 15%.

Only 39 percent of all students in New York state schools who were tested recently scored at the “proficient” level in math, but 100 percent of the students at the Crown Heights Success Academy school scored at that level in math. Blacks and Hispanics are 90 percent of the students in the Crown Heights Success Academy. The Success Academy schools in general ranked in the top 2 percent in English and in the top 1 percent in math. Hispanic students in these schools reached the “proficient” level in math nearly twice as often as Hispanic students in the regular public schools. Black students in these Success Academy schools reached the “proficient” level more than twice as often as black students in the regular public schools. What makes this all the more amazing is that these charter schools are typically located in the same ghettos or barrios where other blacks or Hispanics are failing miserably on the same tests. More than that, successful charter schools are often physically housed in the very same buildings as the unsuccessful public schools. In other words, minority kids from the same neighborhood, going to school in classes across the hall from each other, or on different floors, are scoring far above average and far below average on the same tests. If black success were considered half as newsworthy as black failures, such facts would be headline news — and people who have the real interests of black and other minority students at heart would be asking, “Wow! How can we get more kids into these charter schools?” Many minority parents have already taken notice. More than 43,000 families are on waiting lists to get their children into charter schools. But admission is by lottery, and far more have to be turned away than can be admitted.

Why? Because the teachers’ unions are opposed to charter schools — and they give big bucks to politicians, who in turn put obstacles and restrictions on the expansion of charter schools. These include politicians like New York’s “progressive” mayor, Bill de Blasio, who poses as a friend of blacks by denigrating the police, standing alongside Al Sharpton. The net result is that 90 percent of New York City’s students are taught in the regular public schools that have nothing like the success of charter schools run by KIPP and Success Academy.

The results speak for themselves, as "students in school choice programs saw their reading and math scores improve by 27 percent and 15 percent, respectively," per a University of Arkansas study. The problem is that teachers' unions are a major obstacle toward achieving school choice.

Teacher's unions raise over $300 million annually from mandatory fees, which are used to advocate for more taxpayer dollars for education. However, that money is actually used to empower the teacher's unions rather than improve the quality of education. For instance, "California, which ranks 45th in the nation in reading and math despite spending over 55 billion dollars a year on education."

"That’s over 52% of the state’s total budget," Friederichs said. "Yet rarely is anyone held accountable for these dismal results. I’ve personally seen excellent, new teachers lose their jobs while incompetent, and even abusive, veteran teachers keep theirs because of the unions’ infamous 'last in, first out' layoff and tenure rules."

why does everyone act as if all states have teacher unions?

the charter school lobby is clouding people's Fing brains. theyre just rebranded public schools that can turn certain students away if they want. which makes it even more amazing when one fails....you arent even taking the most difficult students.

Union states also outperform non Union states.

Unions built America and the most prosperous middle class the world has ever known.

Keep trying Ronnie. I didn't think for a second you gave a fuck about the actual workers.

Charter schools vary wildly in quality.

All public schools are useless, just a way to keep kids off the street, they really have no educational role but they prevent a feral child epidemic.

It's a lack of curriculum control that they fear since leftist views traditionally thrive in environments where alternatives are physically prevented from being presented and collapse under even the lightest scientific scrutiny.

On the Michigan case, it is interesting in that you see they have less rules about charter schools than other places, but it seems like they do well in Michigan, from your article.
Seems like they are tightening the rules and forcing closing if they do not perform.

So this does not seem indicative of charter schools period, but charter schools without the right requirements, although they state that math and reading is better in charters there than regular pubs.

"Michigan permits practices barred by some other states, such as for-profit charter operators, virtual charter schools and multiple charter-authorizing bodies. Along the way, fraud and waste has been a problem — one charter school spent more than $1 million on acquiring swampland it doesn’t use, The Detroit Free Press has reported. A federal audit this year noted that Michigan’s charter-school law doesn’t include rules regarding conflicts of interest, among other issues."

"Earlier this year, state lawmakers took some steps to beef up oversight of charters — steps largely supported by DeVos. They included a measure requiring automatic closure of charters than rank in the bottom 5 percent of schools for three consecutive years.

Michigan also created an A-F accountability system for Detroit, where schools receiving an F for three years must be closed. Authorizers that want to open a new charter school in the city must be accredited, and failing charters can no longer shop for a new authorizer."

Right. It depends on the reasons that they are failing. If it is teaching methods and etc, then fine. But if it is a thing with students unwilling to learn that is another....although they should be fewer.

I'd have to review again but the closures in the first year usually were poor management of the school both day to day and financially. There was enough incentives for a person to start a business/ school, get the grant money, get compensated as the CEO or administrator with that money, and then tank the school. You can prevent that incentive by making it a longer term goal. I person/ group more dedicated to actually running a healthy school will be able to get it off the ground before receiving grants. There are schools currently in place that have been around a years/ decades without public funding and those should be the first ones to be given vouchers.

You tell me?
Also, Finland does not rank #1 in education.

Finland consistently ranks at the top or near the top in actual educational metrics.

FT_17.02.14_STEM_table.png

Notice how much higher Finland is than the "greatest country in the world" in these metrics.

The PISA rankings have Finland at #5 and US at #20:
https://www.oecd.org/pisa/pisa-2015-results-in-focus.pdf

Your own source has Finland at #5. And up until recently it was #1 or #2 consistently every year.

Regardless, they have a very highly regarded educational system and one of its qualities is that charter schools have been completely outlawed there, because they know that charter schools suck. They suck in the US and they suck everywhere, because they are a scam designed to siphon tax money towards rich students at the expense of the poorer ones. Which is why countries who are better educated dont use them.

Back