Demian Maia's gif reaction to GSP coming back

29powb4.jpg

Demian should just go be EBI champ for a while....it's clear that bjj guys are last on list for title shots

Again, this is not 3 years ago.

GSP is probably not the GSP you remember.

Also his last couple of wins weren't as dominant as before.

He was on the decline when he retired... imagine the shit state he's in right now.

I agree he probably isn't that great anymore and likely gets starched by Woodley and maybe even Wonderboy but his TDD is still gonna be great and his grappling is really good, he's just a terrible match up for Maia

I agree he probably isn't that great anymore and likely gets starched by Woodley and maybe even Wonderboy but his TDD is still gonna be great and his grappling is really good, he's just a terrible match up for Maia

I don't know man. Condit got owned pretty easily. Maia is really game at the moment. Plus he's a former MW...

We can do a sig bet if they ever fight :)

GSP is going to 155, mark my words.

Yep, worried and upset because there is a high chance GSP will be the next one for the title shot and Demian ain't getting any younger. Demian was the next one in line. Who knows what will happen. What if Wonderboy wins? Do they do the 3rd fight? Or is it GSP? then what if GSP wins, do they do a 2nd fight? So many possibilities in the mix.
@TheGrouch is confused because "lucked out" means something good happened to you, you got lucky. GSP coming back is the definition of bad luck for Maia. I think you had the meaning of lucked out confused.

Pfffff are you insane ? :D

Maia would fuck GSP up big time.

Maia is game at the moment, old yes, but sharp as fuk.

GSP on the other hand hasn't fought in ages.

GSP would get choked the fuck out easily.

This is not 3 years ago.
They mean that GSP would get a titleshot while Maia would stand in line getting old... duh

For sure. His win streak is overrated as fuck. He has 2 finishes in his last 10 fights and loses the majority of the big fights he's in.

The fact is if he doesn't win a fight quickly , he's boring as shit to watch. Plus he legitimately might have the worst boxing/kickboxing skills in that entire division. I definitely wouldn't mind if he gets passed up.

He finished Condit, Brown, Magny, and Story within his last 10 fights. Come back when you can count past two.

GSP will win the belt then show up at the next Bellator with the belt, saying he is the real world's champion.

Woooooo!

lol last time Maia faced anyone with even remotely good TDD he got schooled, twice.

A 29-28 decision/fight of the night against Rory, and a contentious split decision loss to Shields, isn't exactly "getting schooled". Not to mention that you act like good TDD is what prevented Maia from winning those fights, when in fact he got both of those fighters down to the mat multiple times, so I don't know what you're trying to get at there. For a Maia fan, you really go out of your way to try to make him look worse than he is.

His streak is nowhere near as good as people like Khabib/Ferg/Max were before they got their title shots.

He should fight Lawler.

I pretty much guarentee his non drawing ass ain't getting the next title shot.
khabib ferg holloway are LWs and a FW, your argument is invalid

lol last time Maia faced anyone with even remotely good TDD he got schooled, twice.
what is this crap that you're talking about

against rory he badly gassed for some odd reason, and when he wasn't gassed, in the first he COMPLETELY DOMINATED rory

what you're talking about twice? certainly not shields, since the fight was basically on the ground. that only leaves weidman and anderson, and they're fucking MW, for fuck sake (and hundreds of years ago, too)

what is this crap that you're talking about

against rory he badly gassed for some odd reason, and when he wasn't gassed, in the first he COMPLETELY DOMINATED rory

what you're talking about twice? certainly not shields, since the fight was basically on the ground. that only leaves weidman and anderson, and they're fucking MW, for fuck sake (and hundreds of years ago, too)

Well he badly gassed because he kept shooting awful takedowns and getting stuffed. The last 2 rounds of that fight were embarrassing by him.

Shields fight was super close but still, those two are the last guys hes faced with good grappling.

Well he badly gassed because he kept shooting awful takedowns and getting stuffed. The last 2 rounds of that fight were embarrassing by him.

Shields fight was super close but still, those two are the last guys hes faced with good grappling.
you said TDD, not grappling

Ofcourse it matters whether you're a boring or exciting fighter. That's why the hell he hasn't got the shot yet.

I'm not debating whether it's right or wrong because it clearly isn't right.

So you saying it's all about winning and him being a boring fighter doesn't matter, you're wrong. Being a fun fighter to watch would clearly help his situation.

No, it doesn't matter. You are just believing a temporary bullshit perception.

It will always be about winning.

When you sign on with the UFC you have to know that they give popular fighters title shots not ones that have earned it. Take Conor for instance....

Back