Demian Maia Strategy

200.webp

He will be coldy once he fights Maia, too.
This bout is like trying to hype a sloth race.

No one really cares about either of them and it'll do shit numbers. Needs a real event to carry it.

Three thoughts come to mind:

1) I think Maia has something to prove. He's a smart dude, he's shown to learn from his mistakes very well...he knows what he did wrong vs Tyrun. He'll want to prove this.

Did he really learn from Woodley's fight?

Only aspect he ever brought up post-fight was that he did not get to go to NJ to train his wrestling for that camp, I have a hard time believing his wrestling will get that much better in the rematch to a point where he goes from 0 successful takedown (His last fight) to something that much significantly better.

will try to take him down, once he fais, he will try gain and again and again

Did he really learn from Woodley's fight?

Only aspect he ever brought up post-fight was that he did not get to go to NJ to train his wrestling for that camp, I have a hard time believing his wrestling will get that much better in the rematch to a point where he goes from 0 successful takedown (His last fight) to something that much significantly better.

Well, we'll find out, this is his first fight after Tyrun, BUT, he has a good history of learning from his mistakes (vastly improved his wrestling, refocused his strengths after Nate M, etc).

It's not just his "wrestling" that'll be a factor. Maia has more then just traditional wrestling TD's, he has good guard pulls, Judo, sweeps, great clinch game, etc. Maia doesn't have to improve his wrestling for this fight, he just has to vary his TD's better, mix it up, use his striking to put Cody up against the fence, that's when Maia is at his best. Remember, Maia doesn't necessarily have to "take down" Cody (see pics).

Like I also said, Cody has sloppier striking, and worse game planning then Tyrun. Let's not forget Tyrun did the 25 minute dash to avoid TD's. I think Cody will over commit at some point, that'll put him in great danger.

demian-maia-jorge-masvidal-ufc-211-2.jpg

CquNwZ5XgAAdaY3.jpg

072_Jon_Fitch_vs_Demian_Maia_gallery_post.jpg

poQn7Fs.jpg

Thread was started in 2017 and his strategy has not changed........time to retire.

maia-jpg.292269

Back