Demian Maia Strategy

skobydog

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What do you think Demian Maia's strategy will be this weekend? I bet I know..........

maia.jpg

tenor.gif

Would love to see Colby in this exact spot.

maia.gif

He's gonna catch an ass whopping me thinks. If he couldnt TD Tyron no way colby goes down unless he wants to. Dana wants rid of Maia and Colby is man to do it.

(my spell check keeps changing Colby to Cody wth)

Round 1: Maia goes for a takedown, colby defends and winds up in half guard, gets sweeped and then submitted.

Not gonna be much to this fight. Colby's striking is too sloppy and he wont last on the ground. Colby loves to lay on people and that is just giving Maia all the opportunities in the world.

received_10155164241224503.gif

Don't Say it. I don't want Colby to know.

Got $ on Maia

Three thoughts come to mind:

1) I think Maia has something to prove. He's a smart dude, he's shown to learn from his mistakes very well...he knows what he did wrong vs Tyrun. He'll want to prove this.
2) Maia's fighting at home. He's gone 8-1 in Brazil, with his only loss being to Jake...and that was a close ass fight.
3) Cody got choked out by fucking Wally Alves.

If Maia gets back to mixing up his TD's better, and Cody over commits, I think he'll win. Don't be surprised to see Maia pull guard.

So weird he's fighting already

"You're only as good as your last fight."

Maybe he wants to erase that stain off his record as quickly as possible, in that case. If Masvidal beats Thompson, Maia who beat Masvidal isn't 100% exempt from another title shot, although he'd probably never get another against Woodley...

Id be shocked if Colby makes it out of the first, the goof

Three thoughts come to mind:

1) I think Maia has something to prove. He's a smart dude, he's shown to learn from his mistakes very well...he knows what he did wrong vs Tyrun. He'll want to prove this.
2) Maia's fighting at home. He's gone 8-1 in Brazil, with his only loss being to Jake...and that was a close ass fight.
3) Cody got choked out by fucking Wally Alves.

If Maia gets back to mixing up his TD's better, and Cody over commits, I think he'll win. Don't be surprised to see Maia pull guard.
Why do you keep calling him Cody? lol

This is a much bigger advantage than advertised. The ref won't stand him up from stalling at home. Ref scared for health if he were to do this because home crowd thinks his stalemate holding on is some wizard hold we've never seen.

This is a much bigger advantage than advertised. The ref won't stand him up from stalling at home. Ref scared for health if he were to do this because home crowd thinks his stalemate holding on is some wizard hold we've never seen.

PicardOops.gif

Back