Demian Maia not retiring after UFC Chile loss, plans to finish contract and break records

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Demian Maia has no intention of hanging up his gloves after suffering his third consecutive loss, which came in Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 129 headliner.

Maia (25-9 MMA, 19-9 UFC) was overworked by Kamaru Usman (13-1 MMA, 8-0 UFC) for the majority of five rounds en route to a unanimous- decision loss, which aired on FS1 from Movistar Arena in Santiago, Chile. It’s the first time in the Brazilian’s career that he’s dropped three consecutive fights.

"I still have three fights under my contract,” Maia said through an interpreter. “I want to do those three fights. It was short notice for this fight; I only prepared for three weeks. And actually my last three fights were against wrestlers. My game plan is to take the fighters down, so it was tough fights. But I still have the will to finish my contract.”

“I’m focusing on finishing my contract, Those last three fights and break those records for me."

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/demia...t-break-records/amp?__twitter_impression=true

I like Maia a lot but <6>

woodley training for fight against Maia

He should just fight cans then. No more main events.

he never adjusted or learned from those previous fights against wrestlers, so baffling. either dont fight wrestlers anymore or learn some head kicks and knees and just spam them since he has no fear of going to the ground or going to his back since that where he wants it, still could be the same result but damn try something different

They should give him some favorable matchups that let him break the all time UFC submission record and let him ride off into the sunset and call it a career.
source.gif

Alright go down the rankings a tad and with a better match up and a full camp Maia will tie that sub record and can even brake it.

His over 40 and his best days are behind him and no more tittle talk at this point so go for a fun match up and get them W's and accolades.

He has records, they are just very pathetic ones no one ever wants to beat. Was hoping he was put unconscious and carried out the ring

Records? Has anyone lost six a row in the UFC without being cut?

for some reason i read that as third "concussive" loss . i like maia but too many of his fights turn into abu dhabi style laying on the ground.

Go to Kings MMA. Please.

He should just fight cans then. No more main events.
And you're not even a can since you're not in the UFC. All the fighters are not just mediocre or high level, have some respect ...

He has records, they are just very pathetic ones no one ever wants to beat. Was hoping he was put unconscious and carried out the ring

<30> damn bro that's cold.

Demian Maia has no intention of hanging up his gloves after suffering his third consecutive loss, which came in Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 129 headliner.

Maia (25-9 MMA, 19-9 UFC) was overworked by Kamaru Usman (13-1 MMA, 8-0 UFC) for the majority of five rounds en route to a unanimous- decision loss, which aired on FS1 from Movistar Arena in Santiago, Chile. It’s the first time in the Brazilian’s career that he’s dropped three consecutive fights.

"I still have three fights under my contract,” Maia said through an interpreter. “I want to do those three fights. It was short notice for this fight; I only prepared for three weeks. And actually my last three fights were against wrestlers. My game plan is to take the fighters down, so it was tough fights. But I still have the will to finish my contract.”

“I’m focusing on finishing my contract, Those last three fights and break those records for me."

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/demia...t-break-records/amp?__twitter_impression=true

I like Maia a lot but <6>
I'm sure that there are many great fighters Maia can still beat. So Maia's not top 5 anymore...he's still top 20 for sure.

And you're not even a can since you're not in the UFC. All the fighters are not just mediocre or high level, have some respect ...

Maia (or Usman) should never main event again. Ever.

As a Maia fan i agree no more 5 rounders. He's 40 and in my opinion one of the least likely dopers over the years. Although any elite athlete that tests positive is never a surprise.

He's just getting old, i'm 40 next year and it's such a difference from your 20's.

But Usman is the young hope of WW along with Colby while Woodley is the elder statesman who holds it down.

Leg huggers unite!

Usman put on a far more aggressive and entertaining fight against The Omen than Woodley. Though I know that's a very low bar.

Back