Demetrius Andrade to fight on HBO, Oct. 21 opponent is still up in the air

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
The WBA’s ‘regular’ titleholder Demetrius Andrade (24-0, 16 KOs) turned 29 earlier this year and knows that for all of his immense talent, he needs some serious exposure and good opponents if he’s to get where he should already be (in my estimation, anyway).

To that end RingTV reports that Andrade is currently in talks with HBO for a multi-fight deal, with the first bout to take place on October 21st as the co-feature to Jezreel Corrales vs. Alberto Machado at the Turning Stone in Verona, NY. And while Andrade has been penciled in for that date, his opponent has yet to be determined.

Andrade has fought only four time since last appearing on HBO back in November 2013, and his best performance, by far, was his stoppage win over Willie Nelson on Showtime in June 2016. In that fight Andrade showcased everything he’s been hyped up to be. But since then Andrade has only fought once, against Jack Culcay this past March, in a fight where he earned a split decision victory overseas.

Not enough money in it for Cotto, but would love to see him fight Andrade to see exactly how much he has left in the tank. I think it'd be a good fight.

If Kell Brook really wants to make noise that he's not done, he can go up and fight/beat Andrade. Would put him in line for a 154 title. I don't think he could do it, but its worth a shot.

Not enough money in it for Cotto, but would love to see him fight Andrade to see exactly how much he has left in the tank. I think it'd be a good fight.

I'm having flashbacks of the pitiful outing Cotto had against Trout. I'll take a hard pass on Cotto vs Andrade.

Lemieux would work for me if he can make 154

Back