Demetrious Johnson weighed the same as Cody Garbrandt in the cage at UFC 227.

So someone can weigh more than someone else and be undersized at the same time? Because they theoretically diet down more? lmao, so Rumble is undersized at 205 because he could diet down to WW? lmao
Scenario: Fighter A kills himself to diet down to 142 (fight night weight), while Fighter B doesn't diet down and instead keeps extra weight on for the specific purpose of also weighing 142 (fight night weight). Yes, they weighed the same on fight night. But Fighter A is also the bigger man (i.e., naturally larger; bigger frame; more muscle mass). These things aren't mutually exclusive. It's really not that difficult.

The problem with your line of thinking is it leaves the door completely open for pure speculation. The entire reason the commission decided to have same day weigh in's is so they can monitor the athletes.

The minute you assume or speculate it's a road to nowhere.

I have enough confidence in the commission to believe they know what they are doing. I wouldn't be surprised to learn the commission's weighed them 2 hours before their fight, before they get taped. No fighter is putting on weight at that point.

The problem with all your assuming is it works contrary to what the commission's are aiming to do.

The commission said DJ was 142 on fight day. I believe DJ was 142 in the cage. You can assume all you want but to expect others to join you on your "road to nowhere" is asinine.
Again, where did I say anyone was "putting on weight" after they get taped? And where did I say the Commission isn't accurately weigh fighters.

*edit* I was going to answer your points, but I noticed your other posts and realized you're just a MM hater. I'll just say, in general, you're right that a lot of speculation is going on...on both sides of the argument. Moving on.

Again, where did I say anyone was "putting on weight" after they get taped? And where did I say the Commission isn't accurately weigh fighters.

*edit* I was going to answer your points, but I noticed your other posts and realized you're just a MM hater. I'll just say, in general, you're right that a lot of speculation is going on...on both sides of the argument. Moving on.
Your arguments are so dumb you don't deserve a reply. I know exactly what you're doing in your posts. You are being purposefully vague to illicit a confusing outcome. You do this to take the focus off the fact MM weighed more than Crejudo per the commission.

Your assumption either fighter weighed more or less in the cage is pure speculation and doesn't warrant a response. All that matters is the commission's weight.

DJ=142

Your arguments are so dumb you don't deserve a reply. I know exactly what you're doing in your posts. You are being purposefully vague to illicit a confusing outcome. You do this to take the focus off the fact MM weighed more than Crejudo per the commission.

Your assumption either fighter weighed more or less in the cage is pure speculation and doesn't warrant a response. All that matters is the commission's weight.

DJ=142
None of my posts made any assumption on how much either fighter weighed in the cage. Again, there's no reason to question the commission's weight. You're inventing arguments and then debating against your fictional arguments. I get the feeling you're not too bright.

None of my posts made any assumption on how much either fighter weighed in the cage. Again, there's no reason to question the commission's weight. You're inventing arguments and then debating against your fictional arguments. I get the feeling you're not too bright.

Naw. You put a blanket statement ITT that doesn't apply to this specific situation. I placed it below.

The fact that MM weighed 142 on fight day doesn't disprove the idea that he's a small FLW.

Yes it does. The scale proved DJ was 142 hours before the fight. This is all that matters. This statement by you is impossible to prove or validate.

It's foolish. The reasoning you're bringing forth is for situations like Conor fighting at 170 and weighing in at 167. Not a 10 time champion coming in ready for war at his natural weight class and weighing 142 the day of. All the variables you want to create for DJ's situation just don't apply. Both he and Crejudo had a full training camp and came in shape. Their cuts revealed their true size.

Long story short, you're comparing apples to oranges.

You're too logic based. You can't discern. Bright has nothing to do with it.

Go ahead and give a solid example how DJ could weigh in at 142 yet he's still somehow a small FW. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back