Demetrious Johnson wants to fight in Rizin, ONE, then Bellator.

Or he could follow the lead of countless boxers/MMA champs and move up to the next weight class for a bigger challenge. Sugar Ray Leonard roamed from WW to LHW looking for challenges.
That's the keyword, "countless". Same old ish. We've already had like 3 belt unification bouts in the past 2 years (only if you count GSP/Bisping as a belt unification). I find it kinda weird how people are treating TJ/DJ to be some kind of Silva/GSP superfight. Unification fights tend to fuck up divisions. But that's just my two cents.

There's only so many UFC belts Johnson could get before getting bored, I suppose. A UFC champ seeing testing himself in other orgs while in prime shape is something we've never seen before.

It would be cool to see Demetrious Johnson under PRIDE/RIZIN rules. I don't really care for Rogan spewing about another "ONE OF THE BIGGEST FIGHTS OF ALL TIME".

Last edited:
Beat TJ. Then go belt collecting. He'll beat TJ, then the BW Champ (TJ again or Cody), then go to ONE, Rizin and Bellator

200.gif

Came for this. Thread/

His problem is he's in a div where some orgs dont even have Fly div.

He should move up, thats where the comp is, thats what will cement his legacy. Go fight TJ, Cody and Moraes at BW.

Horiguchi, Bibi, and Caldwell fights....Now that would be something to see. I would buy those PPVs for sure.

Bellator doesn't have a flyweight division though.

At ONE they have Mikinho, Kairat Akhmetov and Eustaquio.
At Rizin there is Guchi and Ogikubo.
Askar Askarov, Tagir Ulanbekov, Yunus Evloev and Aleksander Doskalchuk at Russian promotions (ACB, FNG, WFCA and M-1).
His problem is he's in a div where some orgs dont even have Fly div.

He should move up, thats where the comp is, thats what will cement his legacy. Go fight TJ, Cody and Moraes at BW.
He's not giving up size again. He's staying at 125 as he should, said that many times.

Horiguchi, Bibi, and Caldwell fights....Now that would be something to see. I would buy those PPVs for sure.
DJ and Bibi are not fighting each other..
Caldwell would throw DJ around, he's a enormous 135er

20120913115258_IMG_8074.JPG

I'm seriously baffled. How can someone that good at MMA be this fucking dense?

“If I was to, like, go out and collect all the belts, now that’s something that’s like, ‘OK, I’ve proven that I’m the best’
WTF Demetrious?! How does fighting the lesser competition prove you're the best? Are you fucking kidding me?

“Now this speaks volumes.”
Yeah it speaks volumes alright. This is either the biggest duck in UFC history or Demetrious needs to have his brain examined for tumors.

“For me to have every unique looking belt around the world, that’s what gets me excited if you really want to know. That’s where it’s like, ‘You have me interested now.'”
This would be the most pointless and least interesting endeavor. Adding to an already ridiculous career of fighting nobodies, this guy wants to literally go to where there are even more nobodies, with less skill, because this video game nerd wants to complete his unique belt achievement.

Fighting TJ would remove the stain on DJ's career, but instead he just wants to add another disgusting smear of mouse shit.

This whole post is so bad lol

What Stain does DJ have on his career? He was able to compete at 135 at a high level despite being extremely small. He's dominated 125. He doesn't care about being best at 125 n 135 n best ever. He was specifically talking about the 125 lb division and thats all he cares about as far as that.

He said he'd happily fight TJ if the numbers were right but they never have been. You want to blame someone blame the UFC. But lol at saying DJ has a stain on his career because he didnt fight TJ. He's taken on the best fighters at 125 and beaten them while setting a record for # of title defenses.

But lol at saying DJ has a stain on his career because he didnt fight TJ. He's taken on the best fighters at 125 and beaten them while setting a record for # of title defenses.

Yeah but he wouldn't fight TJ. Not much of a champ imo.

this guy take ducking to a whole new level

Yeah but he wouldn't fight TJ. Not much of a champ imo.
I'd like to see it too, but TJ doesn't fight in his division and they're not offering him much for a champ vs champ fight.

TJ doesn't fight in his division and they're not offering him much for a champ vs champ fight.

They offered him what he's worth. DJ once asked for 2 million. That's laughable and it shows that he doesn't understand the business. And the TJ not in the division point shows you don't understand the business. In fact both of your points sound like really lame excuses to me.

They offered him what he's worth. DJ once asked for 2 million. That's laughable and it shows that he doesn't understand the business. And the TJ not in the division point shows you don't understand the business. In fact both of your points sound like really lame excuses to me.
So you want DJ to fight another champion, a bigger guy, for the same amount he would receive for a normal title defense? That makes no sense. If UFC wants that fight to happen, pay the man.
Pretty sure Caldwell's moving up to FW.
I don't think so, he will be taking some fights at FW but apparently he will stay as the BW champ and is willing to fight at both weight classes

I don't think so, he will be taking some fights at FW but apparently he will stay as the BW champ and is willing to fight at both weight classes

Fair enough. I did some light googling and all I could find was that he's still technically the champ, but no real clarification on whether he'll keep defending the belt.

So you want DJ to fight another champion, a bigger guy, for the same amount he would receive for a normal title defense? That makes no sense. If UFC wants that fight to happen, pay the man.

I never said for the same pay. But DJ isn't a big draw so him asking for tons of money doesn't make sense. Obviously more money makes sense but him asking for 2 million shows that he's fucking clueless.

DJ is apparently oblivious.

Because these other organizations are going to pay soo much more for dj to show up and fight 1 time at fly vs nameless joe, then he'd make vs TJ? DJ pretending to care about his legacy here IF he really cared he'd fight the biggest name available at 125. You're drinking too my DJ coolaid.

I never said for the same pay. But DJ isn't a big draw so him asking for tons of money doesn't make sense. Obviously more money makes sense but him asking for 2 million shows that he's fucking clueless.

DJ is apparently oblivious.
Apparently DC got something like that so it would be fair. UFC 226 wasn't nothing special.
At the end of the day, that's the fight UFC and some fans wanna see, DJ is ok with staying at 125 and fighting the normal contenders. Pettis will be next, soon.

Apparently DC got something like that so it would be fair. UFC 226 wasn't nothing special.
At the end of the day, that's the fight UFC and some fans wanna see, DJ is ok with staying at 125 and fighting the normal contenders. Pettis will be next, soon.

Imagine if Conor didn't talk shit, didn't fight Mendes or anyone on short notice, and never wanted to fight at other weight and chase other belts. He'd be nowhere compared to today. No second belt, no mayweather.

DJ is so naive. A simple change in attitude opens up so many doors. But he's slamming them shut for the stupidest reasons.

He asks for more money but his attitude is not asking for more money. His attitude is saying "give me less money and don't give me big fights".

Imagine if Conor didn't talk shit, didn't fight Mendes or anyone on short notice, and never wanted to fight at other weight and chase other belts. He'd be nowhere compared to today. No second belt, no mayweather.

DJ is so naive. A simple change in attitude opens up so many doors. But he's slamming them shut for the stupidest reasons.

He asks for more money but his attitude is not asking for more money. His attitude is saying "give me less money and don't give me big fights".
Conor was a big lightweight killing himself to make 145. DJ is a average-sized 125er who was being totally bullied strength-wise at 135. Very different.

Back