Demetrious Johnson wants to fight in Rizin, ONE, then Bellator.

Danespina

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
“If I was to, like, go out and collect all the belts, now that’s something. If I was to go to ONE Championship, win the flyweight division there. Go to Rizin, win the flyweight division there. And then go to Bellator … win the belt there (125-35). For me to have every unique looking belt around the world, that’s what gets me excited if you really want to know."

DJ really not interested in bantamweight. Maybe sending a message to UFC by discussing other promotions, as I remember Dana threatened to close the division if he didn't fight TJ.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/ufc-227-demetrious-johnson-idea-to-cement-goat-status

Last edited:
Please for the love of God, leave ASAP-!

I'm seriously baffled. How can someone that good at MMA be this fucking dense?

“If I was to, like, go out and collect all the belts, now that’s something that’s like, ‘OK, I’ve proven that I’m the best’
WTF Demetrious?! How does fighting the lesser competition prove you're the best? Are you fucking kidding me?

“Now this speaks volumes.”
Yeah it speaks volumes alright. This is either the biggest duck in UFC history or Demetrious needs to have his brain examined for tumors.

“For me to have every unique looking belt around the world, that’s what gets me excited if you really want to know. That’s where it’s like, ‘You have me interested now.'”
This would be the most pointless and least interesting endeavor. Adding to an already ridiculous career of fighting nobodies, this guy wants to literally go to where there are even more nobodies, with less skill, because this video game nerd wants to complete his unique belt achievement.

Fighting TJ would remove the stain on DJ's career, but instead he just wants to add another disgusting smear of mouse shit.

I've always wanted to see a UFC champion in his prime go on a belt collecting tour.

Hes willing to leave the UFC just to avoid TJ. This is getting crazy

Not sure why this surprises people once you have the *record for most defenses and 10 ufc belts sitting in your house it would be fun to see what the rest of the world has to offer, even if it is likely less competition.

This TJ duck stuff has got out of hand, the guy can't make weight. Have him show up to an event at 125lbs then you can announce the fight and MM being a duck

Collect all miscellaneous belts before coming to rizin to challenge holligucci

I'm seriously baffled. How can someone that good at MMA be this fucking dense?

“If I was to, like, go out and collect all the belts, now that’s something that’s like, ‘OK, I’ve proven that I’m the best’
WTF Demetrious?! How does fighting the lesser competition prove you're the best? Are you fucking kidding me?

“Now this speaks volumes.”
Yeah it speaks volumes alright. This is either the biggest duck in UFC history or Demetrious needs to have his brain examined for tumors.

“For me to have every unique looking belt around the world, that’s what gets me excited if you really want to know. That’s where it’s like, ‘You have me interested now.'”
This would be the most pointless and least interesting endeavor. Adding to an already ridiculous career of fighting nobodies, this guy wants to literally go to where there are even more nobodies, with less skill, because this video game nerd wants to complete his unique belt achievement.

Fighting TJ would remove the stain on DJ's career, but instead he just wants to add another disgusting smear of mouse shit.

Exactly. It's like a major league baseball player saying "I want to go to the minor leagues and set a new home run record there, too. That's more important than being on a team that wins the World Series, or setting some other record at the highest level."

I've always wanted to see a UFC champion in his prime go on a belt collecting tour.

Not in the weakest weight class in pretty much every org. Now if a UFC WW did this when there were good fighters in Bellator, and Askren was still in OneFC, that would be very different. But it wouldn't be nearly as easy as people think with all the contracts and legal issues.

I wish Dana would have followed through on his threats to axe the division. We could have seen mouse get KO'd in the only meaningful fight of his career, instead we get worthless title defences against bums. Get rid of him

Exactly. It's like a major league baseball player saying "I want to go to the minor leagues and set a new home run record there, too. That's more important than being on a team that wins the World Series, or setting some other record at the highest level."

When the MLB loses some of its top players to the minor leagues it will be a comparable example. But for now Mighty Mouse really has little to prove left at 125 in the UFC assuming he gets past Cejudo this weekend. He should be free to take his victory lap however he sees most fitting. Becoming the champ of an org based in asia and in japan to claim some sort of world dominance is a reasonable thing for him to desire even if most people wouldn't

I think it is really cool he wants to have the experience fighting everywhere. Im down for DJ no matter where he fights.

I dont understand the hate he gets. He cleaned UFC FLW division and the only guy challenge is a guy who never made 125 in his life and has a tail of contenders waiting for him.

When the MLB loses some of its top players to the minor leagues it will be a comparable example. But for now Mighty Mouse really has little to prove left at 125 in the UFC assuming he gets past Cejudo this weekend. He should be free to take his victory lap however he sees most fitting. Becoming the champ of an org based in asia and in japan to claim some sort of world dominance is a reasonable thing for him to desire even if most people wouldn't

Or he could follow the lead of countless boxers/MMA champs and move up to the next weight class for a bigger challenge. Sugar Ray Leonard roamed from WW to LHW looking for challenges.

Last edited:
200.gif

Mighty Mouse haters getting so desperate that they are latching hard onto this ducking nonsense

Back