Demetrious Johnson VS The current top ten in 135 division THREAD updated/Poll closed results on OP

Which guys do you think DJ would defeat right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd be confident in Cody, Cruz, TJ, Rivera, and Sterling beating DJ. I would lean toward MM beating anyone else.

He beats everyone with the MAYBE the exception of CoGar.

I don't understand how people think TJ would beat him lol. TJ would do fookin notin against the mighty one.

I also believe he surpassed Cruz

yup it was a split decision and Dodson knocked him down several times.
You're factually wrong on it being a split decision.

Judges Scored It: 48-47, 49-46, 48-47 (All for DJ)

Media Scorecards also all for DJ.
Media.png

DJ had some great moments.

I thought this knee was neat. Nice technique.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
TJ can apparently cut to flyweight, I don't think he is big enough to grapplefuck him. I think Cruz still wins via wrestling. Probably Cody too. He beats everyone else.

7 years ago when Picket was 19-4. Hardly the litmus test for MM's ability.
Are we also not mentioning that Picket fought at LW? Dude was ridiculously bigger than DJ and still got out struck every single round.

yup it was a split decision and Dodson knocked him down several times.

It was not a split but it was a close fight.

What you don't seem to realize is that all of DJ's close fights are further evidence of how fucking good he is now.

He drew with Uncle Creepy. Dominated him in the rematch. He had a close fight with Dodson. Dominated him in the rematch. He had a close fight with Benavidez. Knocked him out in the first round in the rematch. He's very obviously improved leaps and bounds and proved that those early fights are meaningless. He's way better than those guys now.

Cmon man stop it

DJ is a hero on here now, since he hit that arm at his haters have disappeared!
Incredible
He defeated “The Great” Ray Borge.....he is ready for the open weight super fights.

Beats all of them except top 3. And I don't even like MM but he is that good.

Wow i really don't know if sherdoggers understand how much difference size plays in this type of fights (between two grapplers), there's a reason there's fighters literally dying to make weights they shouldn't: size advantage matters. It's important.

Aljo and Caraway would both have a big size and reach advantage and both are legit grapplers, much better than Elliot or Ray Borg.

I think DJ's weak asf division made some people here blind. Should i remember you all that Scoggins beat Borg 1 year ago? Dominating him isn't impressive. What Aljo did to Barao is, a guy who had 100% of TDD and still Aljo dominated Barao with superior wrestling and strenght.

Mr. Tate would beat MM, imo, for real. I'm not saying it's 100% but i'd bet in the 5'8 and high level grappler instead of the 5'3 overrated one. And i like DJ, i really do. I'm just being real.

Wow i really don't know if sherdoggers understand how much difference size plays in this type of fights (between two grapplers), there's a reason there's fighters literally dying to make weights they shouldn't: size advantage matters. It's important.

Aljo and Caraway would both have a big size and reach advantage and both are legit grapplers, much better than Elliot or Ray Borg.

I think DJ's weak asf division made some people here blind. Should i remember you all that Scoggins beat Borg 1 year ago? Dominating him isn't impressive. What Aljo did to Barao is, a guy who had 100% of TDD and still Aljo dominated Barao with superior wrestling and strenght.

Mr. Tate would beat MM, imo, for real. I'm not saying it's 100% but i'd bet in the 5'8 and high level grappler instead of the 5'3 overrated one. And i like DJ, i really do. I'm just being real.
Size does play a major role, which is why I don't think him losing at 135 would be very relevant. Especially as you said, with DJ being a grappler.

Size does play a major role, which is why I don't think him losing at 135 would be very relevant. Especially as you said, with DJ being a grappler.
I agree, that's why i think TJ fight has to happen at 125, but since the thread talks about a fantasy-DJ-bantamweight, i was talking about that match ups. Doesn't surprise you the amount of people that have DJ as the favorite against guys like Aljo, Moraes and Caraway? You seems very educated, usually.

He loses to them all. There are weight classes for a reason and he's like 5'2 and in his 30s which means he's slowing down. His chin would get cracked facing much bigger guys than himself.

I agree, that's why i think TJ fight has to happen at 125, but since the thread talks about a fantasy-DJ-bantamweight, i was talking about that match ups. Doesn't surprise you the amount of people that have DJ as the favorite against guys like Aljo, Moraes and Caraway? You seems very educated, usually.
What I saw when DJ fought at 135, is a much smaller fighter who could hang with the very best of that division anyway through sheer immense talent and a harder work rate. However "hang with" doesn't always mean win.

Cruz said in his post fight interview with DJ "It was tough. The kid's got a sick pace so I had to outwrestle him. I knew I had to slow him down by using my strength and size." Brad Pickett acknowledged something similar regarding his takedowns "I think my size helped there a little bit. He's a bit of a smaller guy, if there's a 125 pound division he'll probably fight in that. But he's tough."

So while I do think DJ's improved considerably and while I do think he could have success at 135. I also realize he'd have a major weakness in his size that just about everyone would try to exploit. At the same time much of DJ's offence would be rendered less effective, so while it could still lead to a few victories, it's only reasonable to assume he could lose a few as well.

Back