Demetrious Johnson VS The current top ten in 135 division THREAD updated/Poll closed results on OP

Which guys do you think DJ would defeat right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think he struggles against Barao because Barao has incredible TDD, he still hasn't been taken down.

A guy like Rivera is really dangerous because he hits incredibly hard

Sterling took Barao down twice and fucked him.

Cleaned out division?

Pettis, Formiga, Nguyen, Smolka, Ortiz, Scoggins, Moreno, Pantoja, Bibulatov and Morales

I just named you 10 fighters he didn't face.

Cleaned out division?

Pettis, Formiga, Nguyen, Smolka, Ortiz, Scoggins, Moreno, Pantoja, Bibulatov and Morales

I just named you 10 fighters he didn't face.
Only one that is ready to fight MM is Pettis and he needs to get through Cejudo first. FLW needs a bit of time to sort itself out and grow. Could also do with some more fresh blood.

I think he beats all of them except maybe Cody and TJ so they are the only two fighters ?i didn't pick .

I got garbrant, tj, Cruz, Rivera, and assencio beating him

Everyone but Garbrandt.

I got garbrant, tj, Cruz, Rivera, and assencio beating him

I really don't see what Assuncao would do to beat him. Assuncao is a solid fighter who counters well and has good BJJ, but he gets outworked and drastically outsped all day by Johnson without having much of anything to counter. Caldwell with his elite wrestling, decent top game, and massive size advantage might be very problematic for Johnson.

It is sad for DJ that the top fighters at 135 are so good (ie Dillasnake, Cruz and Necktats) and that there is no 115 division, because he is small enough for 115, and too small to out-skill the best at 135.

I like Dodson at 135 and I actually think he would
I'm probably alone in that theory but whatever

You're "alone in that theory" for a pretty good reason. Johnson beat him easily in their last fight and if anything the gap is only continuing to grow between those two.

I picked everyone except the top 3, and I think he can beat them too I just wouldn't bet on it. Those top 3 guys are all elite fighters, very well rounded, and have significant size advantages over him.

He got his ass whopped by journeyman Brad Pickett. So lets list the top 30 of BW, he might be able to beat some of the lower end scrubs just like at flyweight. He can hold some of them down with his wrestling holding positions on the floor and scrambles I reckon

1. C ) Cody Garbrandt - Cody beats Mouse.
  2. (1) Dominick Cruz - Cruz beats Mouse again.
  3. (2) T.J. Dillashaw - Dillasnake beats Mouse.
  4. (3) Jimmie Rivera - Rivera beats Mouse.
  5. (4) Raphael Assuncao - Assuncao beats Mouse.
  6. (5) John Lineker - Mouse can win.
  7. (6) Aljamain Sterling - Mouse can win.
  8. (7) John Dodson - Mouse can win again, but Dodson beat him in that split decision imo.
  9. (8) Renan Barao - Barao beats Mouse.
  10. (9) Thomas Almeida - Almeida beats Mouse.
  11. (10) Marlon Moraes - Mouse can win.

He beats the overwhelming majority of them

Fight was much closer than people make it out to be. DJ had some great moments.

503892.jpg

4_medium.gif

3.gif
I dont see why people think MM cant beat Cruz. This was before he went into fighting full time and he has improved leaps and bounds since then. Cruz on the other hand has declined.

Back