Demetrious Johnson VS The current top ten in 135 division THREAD updated/Poll closed results on OP

Which guys do you think DJ would defeat right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The size difference would put him at a major disadvantage in most of these.

He would have a tough time with some of the bigger BWs in 3 round fights like Rivera, Cruz, Aljo, Barao, etc. But in 5 round fights I think he beats everyone but Cody. Cruz is not the same fighter MM fought the first time. Those injuries and age have made him slower, and more hittable.

You really think Dodson beats DJ in a 3rd bout. He seems to be on a slight decline while DJ getting better.

I like Dodson at 135 and I actually think he would
I'm probably alone in that theory but whatever

I think there is a steep decline after the top 3.

I think he'd beat TJ, but lose to Dom and Cody.

It's really not that bad.

John Dodson beat #2 TJ Dillashaw
Ali Bagautinov beat #5 John Lineker
Demetrious beat #7 John Dodson

I think it's just Cruz and Garbrandt who'd have the two biggest size advantages a long with the most skill.

First of all why did you put Renan Barao in Caraway's place? He's not top 10 anymore, not even top 15 anymore.

Second, i think y'all are crazy if you doesn't consider DJ being 5'3 and being a grappler, how the fuck he will beat Alja? Guy is 5'7 with a stupid reach and high level wrestling, he was the first and only fighter to takedown Renan Barao, good luck with that DJ. Caraway is even bigger, and a grappler too, i really don't see DJ winning both fights, TJ and Rivera would be easier match ups. Styles makes fights.

I think he'd beat Rivera, Lineker, Almeida and Barao (and Dodson of course) but that's all, at 135 he will have big problems with size, a old and past prime Miguel Torres gave him problems, Marlon Moraes is right now a much better version of Torres, 5 years ago when he wasn't that good he defeated Torres, can you imagine the Marlon of today? Mismatch

And finally, Assunção is a terrible one for him too, if he shows up with good shape/cardio.

Everybody except the top 4 imo. Rivera, Dillashaw, Cruz and Garbrandt are all tough matches for him. They are huge compared to him.

I think all of them, he's way too fast and way too smart.

I think he'd beat everyone outside the top 5 and Jimmie Rivera. I honestly think Assuncao gives him problems, dude can make any fight close and ugly. One of the most underrated legit top 5 fighters today imo, I think his patient countering style would play well into how mighty mouse fights not to mention the size advantage.

Cody would do the same thing to MM as he did to Cruz but will take even less damage. All that bouncing around to set up strikes and takedowns that MM does as well will be neutralized and MM will eat punches.

TJ would win a decision due to his size and striking.

Cruz wins again.

Cody and TJ, no way I see him beating them. Size advantage and a ton of skill. At this point I do think he can beat

Cruz, people forget he had some success in the first Cruz fight was not even training full time.

I think he struggles against Barao because Barao has incredible TDD, he still hasn't been taken down.

A guy like Rivera is really dangerous because he hits incredibly hard

Damn votes Barao but forgot his TDD is so impressive, don't see MM being effective at all seeing as Barao is a big Bw.

I have Cody, dom, tj, Rivera, and Raph beating him. He beats lineker, and then I have sterling, and Barao beating him with him beating the rest.

Nope hes going down to 115 and fighting Mitsuhisa Sunabe.

Fight was much closer than people make it out to be. DJ had some great moments.

503892.jpg

4_medium.gif

3.gif

Back