Dem.Tulsi Gabbard Proposes The legalization Of Marijuana With A Republican Tom Garrett Both Vets

Not likely to go anywhere, but it's a push in the right direction at least. It'd surprise me if Gabbard is planning a 2020 run, but I'd love for her to prove me wrong.

I hoping for a few things to unfold over the next 2 years.
1. I would like to see Bernie really push hard on his single payer (Medicare for all) proposal.
2. For he and Tulsi to abandon the DNC altogether after the Dems lose more ground in 2018 and push hard for a progressive third party.
I really was hoping, after November, that the Democratic Party could be reformed, but I think they've pissed that opportunity away, and now a third party is probably the only option. I'd like to see progressives blitz establishment dems in next year's primaries, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Not likely to go anywhere, but it's a push in the right direction at least. It'd surprise me if Gabbard is planning a 2020 run, but I'd love for her to prove me wrong.

I really was hoping, after November, that the Democratic Party could be reformed, but I think they've passed that opportunity away, and now a third party is probably the only option. I'd like to see progressives blitz establishment dems in next year's primaries, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think she's kind of young and inexperienced to run for POTUS in 2020 (and Bernie will be too old), but they can get the Third Party Train out of Establishment Station and position herself, or another genuine article (if there are any others left) down the road. We gotta start somewhere.

Other than her ignorant views on the 2nd Amendment she seems like a fine candidate. I'd take her as fist woman President. Not anywhere near as hot as Ivanka, but far more pleasing to the eye than Hilary. And to my knowledge not associated with any crookedness.

th
Why don't we just elect a woman as President first before we start worrying about her sexual proclivities.

I think she could very well run as an independent in 2020 with Bernie Sanders support. I also believe she could run with a former Republican Candidate or the other way around. She is not beholden to ether party and she has shown it time and time again. I think she will break the current situation within Government. I also believe Seth Molton has very similar ideas as she has about Government.
If Trump could defeat the GOP favorites to take the nomination then why can't Tulsi and Bernie do the same to the Democrats.

Speaking of 2nd Amendment rights, a circuit court recently ruled that anyone getting a medical card forfeits theirs.
Can you walk me through the reasoning behind this? If there's "reason" there at all.

On the surface it makes no sense.

I guess that's "due process." I've never smoked pot, nor do I have the inclination to do so, but holy hell we are so backwards when it comes to pot laws in this country. This goes along with what I saw the other day about a kidney transplant patient who was removed from the transplant list because he used medicinal marijuana. I recognize any intoxicants have impacts on transplanted organs though, but I really find it strange they'd rather attack medicinal pot rather than full blown alcoholics.

It doesn't sound like due process to me. More like people being so blinded by gun hate that they don't mind trampling any other rights if it takes guns out of people's hands. Like supporting restrictions on those who've been placed on a watch list/no fly list/whatever. One could say that getting the prescrption is an admission of guilt, but that doesn't really fly. Not only is there the problem of the justices system presuming you guilty and stripping rights prior to any proceeding, this thinking doesn't account for the simple fact that neither the license or prescription command you to acquire or use the drug. For example, getting a driver's license does't mean you have a car or operate one.

I agree with you on the stupidity of it. It just goes to show how old habits die hard exposes plenty of hypocrisy.

Why don't we just elect a woman as President first before we start worrying about her sexual proclivities.

What kind of perv are you that "crookedness" is a proclivity?

Can you walk me through the reasoning behind this? If there's "reason" there at all.

On the surface it makes no sense.

I'm not entirely versed on the rationalization enough to say. You can see above what I consider to be the obvious flaws in the ruling. More justices should lose their jobs I think. Like in the 4th Circuit who upheld Maryland's scary black rifle semi-auto ban. Somehow the SCOTUS ruling that you can't ban common firearms in regular use didn't apply to the most popular rifle in America. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It doesn't sound like due process to me. More like people being so blinded by gun hate that they don't mind trampling any other rights if it takes guns out of people's hands. Like supporting restrictions on those who've been placed on a watch list/no fly list/whatever. One could say that getting the prescrption is an admission of guilt, but that doesn't really fly. Not only is there the problem of the justices system presuming you guilty and stripping rights prior to any proceeding, this thinking doesn't account for the simple fact that neither the license or prescription command you to acquire or use the drug. For example, getting a driver's license does't mean you have a car or operate one.

I agree with you on the stupidity of it. It just goes to show how old habits die hard exposes plenty of hypocrisy.

What kind of perv are you that "crookedness" is a proclivity?

I'm not entirely versed on the rationalization enough to say. You can see above what I consider to be the obvious flaws in the ruling. More justices should lose their jobs I think. Like in the 4th Circuit who upheld Maryland's scary black rifle semi-auto ban. Somehow the SCOTUS ruling that you can't ban common firearms in regular use didn't apply to the most popular rifle in America. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
{<huh}

Ohhhh, you mean the obvious typo. Good one. Didn't heed your highlighting skills at first. Thought maybe you liked bent objects or something. Thanks though bro for continuing to drive home the value of proofreading. Ever vigilant.

Love me some Swaggy P.

Not a good idea. Marijuana is a dangerous drug and most frequent users fry their brains and become completely complacent in life.

I think she's kind of young and inexperienced to run for POTUS in 2020 (and Bernie will be too old), but they can get the Third Party Train out of Establishment Station and position herself, or another genuine article (if there are any others left) down the road. We gotta start somewhere.
Agreed. Although, if I could somehow pick my fantasy scenario for 2020, it would be a Bernie/Tulsi ticket, but Bernie would pledge to step down after one term and throw his support behind Tulsi for 2024. Completely unlikely, but it'd be pretty sweet.

Yeah, I've heard that before. I support the 2nd Amendment, but I've never been a gun owner. I think medical marijuana would benefit me more now. I have a shoulder injury which I'm in physical therapy for now. I'm almost done with the prescribed therapy, but not fully recovered yet. I wonder if you forgo your medical marijuana card, can you then get a concealed carry license or whatever? I'm also not sure what the local laws are exactly. Wasn't that circuit court ruling from California? And doesn't Joe Rogan have a weapons license AND a medical marijuana license, plus it's completely legal now in CA anyway? Basically, I wouldn't worry about all that now, I'd just get the MM license and then worry about the other shit later, if I even have to...

Fairly certain that Joe isn't that much a supporter of the 2nd that he actually has a concealed carry license in CA. That and you almost have to have some LEO affiliation to get one in some counties in CA

If Trump could defeat the GOP favorites to take the nomination then why can't Tulsi and Bernie do the same to the Democrats.

Because the right wing had been fed up with the Republican party for some time. The new right had emerged from a existential crisis. There was some major introspection going on that formed several groups unified in being anti-establishment.

Meanwhile, the lefts constituency decided to back the most establishment candidate you could think of. The Dems buried Bernie and the left didn't even care.

The left isn't interested in reforming.

Not a good idea. Marijuana is a dangerous drug and most frequent users fry their brains and become completely complacent in life.

LOL.

Anybody else and you'd swear this is sarcasm.

Luckily most of us are well aware that you're a moron.

Because the right wing had been fed up with the Republican party for some time. The new right had emerged from a existential crisis. There was some major introspection going on that formed several groups unified in being anti-establishment.

Meanwhile, the lefts constituency decided to back the most establishment candidate you could think of. The Dems buried Bernie and the left didn't even care.

The left isn't interested in reforming.
With the grass roots left, it seems more the case that they just didn't expend the energy needed to defeat the establishment Dems backing Hillary . If the Dem party apparatchiks had genuinely given Bernie a chance, I think the base would have have been enthusiastic and backed him.

In any case, I do wish Tulsi is the new face of the Dem party. Hope she doesn't become a sellout and the Dems don't stick us with another safe establishment Dem pick. I didn't vote for Hillary and don't really care for the Dem party now though so it ain't something that bothers me much.

Back