Dell 8K 60hz Monitor

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score

Now we are talking about computing horsepower for content creators with those AMD 8 core or 32 core CPU's.

Who the hell buys a Dell anymore?

Way too damn small of a panel for 8K. With 8k, you could sit right up and be immersed on a 46in and it would still be much sharper than 4K on a 28in panel. 32 inches is a complete joke. I play 1080p on a 135in screen and it's still sharp. lol

I've had a Dell U2711 for about 6 years now and it has been a great investment for gaming and movie/show watching needs. The color quality has been great but I think current HDR tech is probably passing it by. I want to upgrade eventually but I don't think there's any monitor out there that is bigger than 27" and doesn't have some sort of drawback like worse colors or a TN panel or costing close to a fucking grand. If I do upgrade, I'll go gsync.

Dell makes the most reliable monitors. Least likely monitor to have a dead pixel and they support their monitors if they have any issues. I own the 2716gdr (27 inch gsync). Looks amazing and have zero issues with it.

Wish it was a 16 bit panel supporting all hdr formats, but this is very very nice.

I wonder what gauge of cables they will need to run 8K. I think 4K/60 minimum gauge is 28 awg, but most of the good cables are 26 awg or lower. I use 24, 23.5, 23, and 22 gauge hdmi cables (by Analysis Plus, Blue Jeans Cable/Belden, Wireworld, and Sewell Direct) for my setups, which exceed the 4K/60 specs; those displayport cables look pretty thick too.

Dell makes the most reliable monitors. Least likely monitor to have a dead pixel and they support their monitors if they have any issues. I own the 2716gdr (27 inch gsync). Looks amazing and have zero issues with it.

What an odd inclusion, dead pixels. I've owned a variety of monitors from different companies over the last 30 years starting with CRT's to the present and I've never had a single dead pixel, ever.

What an odd inclusion, dead pixels. I've owned a variety of monitors from different companies over the last 30 years starting with CRT's to the present and I've never had a single dead pixel, ever.

I haven't either but if you look into things with higher end monitors certain companies *cough*asus*cough* hardly seem to have a quality control department for their monitors at this point. Even worse on the gsync IPS panels the backlights bleed can be experience ruining.

Dell seems to be the best but they don't seem to get as much notoriety as the acer and asus releases even though their QC is on point and the monitors themselves seem better put together.

Back