#DeleteFacebook

Facebook is only as bad as we are, which is fucking terrible.
Love it when my funny friends are on there sharing jokes or social commentary, but it's mostly dumb as shit fucktards. Just like the world in general.

I use Facebook, I set the privacy settings according to recommended guidance for protecting my identity. The people I'm friends with are actual friends and family. I use messenger to keep in touch with people I otherwise would have lost contact with. Including a friend who rarely has a cell phone.

I just expected to be collected on, along with a billion other people. If people thought the internet was the place to remain anonymous, they've thought wrong.

#notdeletingit

I deleted mine about three years ago. Not hating on people who still have it. I just realized there were only about 15 people out of 200 there that I actually considered friends. My friends almost never posted anything there and we never kept in touch through FB, it was always texting or calling. But I more often than not was reading the news stream on FB and getting angry so I deleted it. It was one of the better decisions I've made. I instantly became a happier person and started doing a lot more productive things like spending more time on sherdog.

Facebook is awesome for networking and advertising. I also love the easy use of making groups. I play on a few football teams, it's so easy to communicate with everyone on it, and tell bad jokes. Outside of stalking girls from time to time, It's a waste of time.

Society has been programmed for a lot longer than Facebook has been around.

if hillary had gotten elected thanks to facebook, it would have been mandatory for everybody to have an account.
it's a dumb movement. facebook is a very useful tool and you can't turn the clock on social media, there's always going to be a facebook or something similar.

Facebook can suck my dick. I don't want to feel unhappy watching a highlight reel of everyone else's life. If you're actually my friend, you've got my number and can talk to me directly or hit me up on the karate forum.

Requoting this whole post. One of the most accurate, witty ones I've read in the last while.

I nuked my account a couple of years ago; I stopped using my real name and when they called me out on it and demanded government issue photo ID, I basically told them to fuck themselves. In hindsight, I'm glad I quit because of what I time sink it was...despite that, I still post on Sherdog.

<6>

Social media is for kids with big ego's.
So many think they have to be heared and not 1 actually has something to say.
No one on social media is interesting in any way, shape or form and definetely not worth to be heared.

It took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to permanently delete my account, not just make it "inactive".

I feel strangely relieved.

Did you also youtube that and followed the instructions or did you actually figure it out yourself?

No one on social media is interesting in any way, shape or form and definetely not worth to be heared.
Haven't we actually seen that social media is for pretty much everyone, instead of the weird shit you just wrote?

I think it has it's uses. I have a huge family I'm talking 100+ people. It's hard for us to all get together but we use FB to stay in touch and just get a general outlook of how people are doing in life when they upload pics of their family and all that.

I think it has it's uses. I have a huge family I'm talking 100+ people. It's hard for us to all get together but we use FB to stay in touch and just get a general outlook of how people are doing in life when they upload pics of their family and all that.

@Fawlty @soILL618

Didn't you watch the video in the OP?

Appearance is not the same as essence.

All you guys are doing is contributing to the fantasy that you want to project, not even realizing how much psychological damage you are inflicting on yourself and others.

"A person can ignore reality, but they cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

@Fawlty

All you guys are doing is contributing to the fantasy that you want to project, not even realizing how much psychological damage you are inflicting on yourself and others.

Maybe, maybe I've just found a convenient way to talk to and keep in touch with my family. All this other nonsense doesn't really matter to me. That sort of stuff is for mentally weak people IMO.

Maybe, maybe I've just found a convenient way to talk to and keep in touch with my family. All this other nonsense doesn't really matter to me. That sort of stuff is for mentally weak people IMO.

It's only the founders and former executives of the company quoting studies saying that FB is bad for your mental health. I guess the consumer is always right.

What you just said is the equivalent of a cigarette company whistleblower say that cigarettes will give you lung cancer, and as a person who doesn't want to face their addiction say, "Cancer? That sort of stuff is for people with weak genetics IMO."

Back