#DeleteFacebook

tenor.gif

at a "scandal" such as this one bringing some people to their senses and making them realize that maybe putting delicate/sensitive personal information about yourself online in a mostly public forum might not be a good idea and could result in the website being compromised with your information getting leaked in the process.

How stupid are people these days?

only people without friends hate facebook... losers who make a post and no one likes it

I don't have facebook. I wish we could go back in time and pretend social media never existed. I'm cool with the internet but twitter, facebook, tumblr and such are pure shit.

As the parent of a 17 year old girl and also just a regular schmoe that remembers a time when you could walk around in public and people actually interacted with each other , smiled .....said hello....cheesy shit like that , I agree.

What's the problem with Facebook?

I've found it really useful.
The recent scandal with Cambridge Analytica.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/21/cambridge-analytica-facebook-data-users-profit
Lots of problems associated with companies like facebook having so much knowledge about peoples private lives. It turned out that bots generated most or the majority of posts talking about the elections and fake news got bumped to the top instead of proper real news. And Facebook's promise about privacy is nothing more than a pinky swear with third partys. And thats not even half of it.

Unfortunately its hard to just dump facebook and even using fake accounts with fake personal info will not protect you from fake news bots/ads once they use your friends-list.

I am for this movement.

Everyone should delete their FB.
I don't see dumping fb as solving the issue. Facebook won't go away even with a big scandal since its become too important. It will just take a big hit for a while and then people will forget about it.

What needs to happen is strong regulations and more important an enforcement arm which can walk into facebook's data labs anywhere and audit the privacy. Companies like facebook are making so much money so they can pay for the whole deal.

I haven't had a Facebook account in years. What's the point? Everybody is just bullshitting, pretending to be happy. Then you got all the quacks trying to sell you shit, or be your life coach. I'm good...........

I use it as a tool. My college Fraternity has a page and so many guys have gotten services from a simple FB post...from Jobs, to Lawyers, Doctors, cars, Real Estate Agents, and also social. It’s great with family because you don’t have to attend events you don’t want to...just say hi on FB and like a few pics and you do your duty. It’s also great to use to get laid.

The amount of data they have compared to other data collection firms is laughable.

you can ever delete facebook

it’ll always be there waiting to be resurrected

When did this #deletefacebook trend start?

I was reading an article on another site earlier today and in the comment section someone posted:
#deletefacebook
- gain 20 bonus points

wtf is that?

Doesn't bother me really, everything online is stealing your data anyway seems a waste of time to just attack Facebook.

I find it really useful to keep in touch with my friends and family that are scattered around the world.

Me and my old college buddies have an mma chat thread on there thats been running for years.

It makes it really easy to coordinate people for birthdays, parties, holidays and events in general.

• I'm going to Berlin in two weeks with my friends in London arranged through Facebook.
  • Going to Slovenia in June for a Stag Do organised through Facebook
  • Wedding in Australia coordinated through Facebook
  • End of the month my mates organised a festival event for his birthday through Facebook with a bunch of bands
  • Bunch of other 30th weekends away and engagement parties etc
Point is if you've got lots of friends it's very useful for keeping in touch.

If you got no friends and are just paranoid in general then sure delete everything and stay in the basement.

This.

This!

This!

I have mine and I'm not deleting it. I use it as a convenient way to share pictures and things with family and people I still talk to the majority by some shape or form on a regular basis.

I don't have anything on there I wouldn't want anyone not to see and honestly if it ended up being a Twitter/Instagram world, they don't offer me enough to sign up.

Also how rich is it that people are calling on others to drop Facebook and jump to Instagram? They're owned by the same people!

Back