Deleted UFC 4, couldn’t take it anymore

I see that you're also a distinguished gentleman of refined taste. I always found No MErcy/the THQ wrestling games to be more fun, but yeah, me and my brother had HUGE rosters of MMA fighters in our Fire Pro games as well. Fire Pro had the sweetest anaconda choke animation for our "Big Nog"!
I was obsessed with No Mercy until I accidentally deleted my memory card. I'd spent an ungodly amount of time creating wrestlers and it was all gone in the blink of an eye. After that I switched to Fire Pro and became similarly obsessed.

I eventually lost interest in and haven't touched a wrestling game in years. I've never really liked the Smackdown games and there doesn't seem to be much else around.

Serious question though...not to hijack the thread but the last two WWE games (2k22-23) I got never had a career mode like those games. In other words I cant just be The Rock and climb my way to the top of the ranks or some story line.

It seems like you have to create a character and go with it. Am I mistaken about that? Why the hell did WWE change that formula? I dont want to be me or some random dude trying to be champion...most want to play as their favorite wrestler. Or did I miss this feature?

I miss playing as if it was prime Smackdown days and HHH interfering with the match or Shane McMahon and costing me the title. I dont see that option anymore

Hmmm. I haven't played a new WWE game since 2K19, so I don't know. But that is a super lame oversight if that's the case. And I agree. As a kid I used to like created characters more, but it's been decades since I didn't just prefer playing as my favorite star or nostalgia pick.

I was obsessed with No Mercy until I accidentally deleted my memory card. I'd spent an ungodly amount of time creating wrestlers and it was all gone in the blink of an eye. After that I switched to Fire Pro and became similarly obsessed.

I eventually lost interest in and haven't touched a wrestling game in years. I've never really liked the Smackdown games and there doesn't seem to be much else around.

I've played No Mercy every couple of years or so when I get together with certain friends (or a brother), but without created characters I don't enjoy Fire pro very much (i.e., I don't play it ever). And I agree, the Smackdown games have always been weak, and the 2K brand is .... like a band that's technically good in a lot of ways, but just overproduced and soulless.

I've played No Mercy every couple of years or so when I get together with certain friends (or a brother), but without created characters I don't enjoy Fire pro very much (i.e., I don't play it ever). And I agree, the Smackdown games have always been weak, and the 2K brand is .... like a band that's technically good in a lot of ways, but just overproduced and soulless.
I always felt that Smackdown was to No Mercy what FIFA was to Pro Evo. They seemed to concentrate more on making it look like what you see on TV rather than making it feel like you're actually in a wrestling or football match.

Hey all! First post here, I promise my future posts will be more on topic. I know this isn’t related to irl MMA events but I hope this can resonate with someone.

Don’t know if you guys even play it but I have to get my frustrations out. The game is so shit. Like so fucking shit. I watch Undisputed 3 gameplay and I cry inside. I’m debating buying a PS3 again just for that game. I love MMA and gaming so much and it really breaks my heart that there isn’t a real simulation MMA game on the market.

Every time I’m watching actual MMA I get the urge to play the game. Every time I do I just run into an influx of ppl that are just playing a “fighting game” that have no real interest in the sport. So they don’t care to uphold the integrity of the sport in their gameplay. The constant spamming of knees, elbows, spinning back kicks, etc with no penalty is just so unreal. And the grappling?? There’s just an invisible bar at the top of the screen that makes me stop posturing up and makes my transitions slower??? What the fuck is that?? And a big part of the community is just so unnecessarily toxic.

Maybe I suck and need to just get gud idk. I guess I’ll never know because i’m done with it. I could go all day but this isn’t even rlly on topic. I respect you guys on here more than redditors lol so I had to make this my first post on here. I know it’s just a video game but I’m so competitive I can’t help it. I tried to tough it out strictly because of my love of the sport but I’ve had enough.

I feel you on that. The grappling and submissions gameplay is terrible.

I get you on the finer points of sport. Ill play the boxing game with my son, where i try to engage it like a boxing match, throwing combos, mixing up head, body, body, head. Head, head, body, head. And he just goes in hitting buttons randomly and beats me.

I always felt that Smackdown was to No Mercy what FIFA was to Pro Evo. They seemed to concentrate more on making it look like what you see on TV rather than making it feel like you're actually in a wrestling or football match.
This exactly. And for a long while the Smackdowns were suuuper spazzy with their animations.

Back