Deleted all social media

I haven't posted on Facebook since maybe 2010 I also quit using myspace at the same time.

Never had any kind of social media and never will.
Millions of people think they have to be heard, yet none of them has something to say.

I hardly been on social media the past few months and never really used it outside of keeping in contact with people.. but holy fuck every time I go on and scroll the community seems more toxic and retarded

I'm 24 and I don't have snapchat instagram twitter or anything stupid like that other than FB because I find that the easiest way to keep in touch with people, and I mostly just use the messenger. All my friends bug me to get these things and I just can't be bothered, sherdog takes up most of my "social media" time and it's what i enjoy most.

Not to mention I honestly don't know how to use these things or care to learn or give a shit about stroking my ego like people that have to post a selfie every 2 hours and fish for likes.

Lowest form of attention seeking and just goes to show how much of a loser you are if you can find the time to spend so much time on shit like fb and instagram.

This is just my opinion but honestly fuck social media and I wouldn't even have it if it wasn't the easiest way to keep in contact with friends and distant family those kinds of things for myself anyway

I've got nothing to delete in the first place. I already have foresight before the social media boom.

How crazy is that...

I'm of the opinion that it's really affecting the minds of our generation in a really negative way, but I can only speak from my experience.

When I talk to people about it and share my opinions, it's like deep down they know it too, but they're too far gone to even consider coming back to the real world. Like they're obligated to be on it. Kinda spooky.

Yeah it's really weird. People can't socialize normally without having some sort of social media filter. I had people telling me I have to get instagram or snapchat. Another dude telling me I will find myself using twitter eventually lol. The worst was the dude who I thought I was lying about getting rid of facebook. He was actually trying to convince me to get facebook and made all these arguments why I should and eventually concluded I was lying about it when I wouldn't budge. Now that I have facebook he has a smug "I told you so" attitude about it lol. I'm like it's just fucking facebook.

I was on Facebook but cancelled my account in 2009 I think. Don't miss it one bit. People definitely think your weird these days if you're not on it.

Anybody else experience this?

I deleted all of my social media mid-December. Facebook, Instagram, snapchat, twitter, all of it. It was just one thing on my long list of lifestyle changes, but it didn't expect it to have such a dramatic impact on my life.

I feel so much better. I really don't care what any one is up to, besides my close friends who i see regularly. It's great. The more time I spend off social media, the more I realize how fake it all is. You're just constantly looking at the highlights of everyone's lives. Never seeing the full truth. It can be depressing. And caring about likes and or views? How f***ing stupid! When I hear people talk about their social media now this is my reaction

<DisgustingHHH>

My friends seem to think I'm going to come back. No chance in hell. Definitely never going back. Life without social media is great. It's one less distraction at the end of the day, and I've been a lot more productive with my time ever since getting rid of it.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me it was a really toxic element in my life that I am glad to be done with.

Lastly, Sherdog > Social Media

TLDR:
Deleted social media
Life is better
Not going back

Couldn't agree more;
real life social interaction is the best of all <OKC16>

I need it for my comedy career, but other than that I don't really fuck with it unless I'm trying to get laid.

My MySpace page somewhere floating on the internet.

Nope . Even the potus uses twitter. Other leaders are following. SM aint going anywhere...and frankly it doesn't need you.

I for one welcome SM. Hpw else will we get all these women and girls to slut up...

My MySpace page somewhere floating on the internet.

Not exactly.

They changed the format and most of what you had is gone.

Eventually all your pics there will be gone, if you had any.

The day their forums vanished was a tragedy.

it's ok when used in moderation.

some ppl legitimately use it to catch up with other friends, families.

fishing for likes, or posting everything you're doing for validation is just as bad as being an addict.

I can understand if you have a brand, business, and/or celeb.

I deactived my Facebook about 4 years ago. I was sick of seeing people's kids and hearing their shitty political opinions. Haven't missed it in the least.

I do have an instagram account that I never use.

Not exactly.

They changed the format and most of what you had is gone.

Eventually all your pics there will be gone, if you had any.

The day their forums vanished was a tragedy.

I just logged in and most of my photos are still there. Totally looks different than the last time I was there.

Its amusing to here people brag about how special they are because they dont use social media
Oh the irony

Back