• Luiz Azeredo twice
  • Tatsuya Kawajiri
  • Hayato Sakurai
  • Marcos Aurélio
  • Mitsuhiro Ishida
  • Eiji Mitsuoka
  • Tyson Griffin
  • Tae Hyun Bang
When put into context, it's obvious Gomi was one of the best LWs in his prime.

yo! has anyone said badonka-donk tyson griffen yet

I love the Fireball Kid but man looking back on his best win...

Pulver?
Sakurai?
Ludwig?
Im a big fan of (insert old fighter name)but he only beat this,this and that(talking about other old fighters that today are not at the top anymore)
Soo...

Yep,TS you're not convincing anyone.

Im a big fan of (insert old fighter name)but he only beat this,this and that(talking about other old fighters that today are not at the top anymore)
Soo...

Yep,TS you're not convincing anyone.

Haha I was just saying it was hard to pick his best win out of the lineup because nothing stood out as
a signature win

My favorite Gomi fight is still Azerdo as he was going after Wanderlei and them too and looked ready to go to war by himself against Chute Boxxe.

The pulver win was good, but Gomi was certainly dwarfing the much smaller pulver in that fight, even though it was competitive for a bit before those ripping shots to the body left pulvers head vulnerable. But i'd probably say Ishida, Kawajiri, and Sakurai were the 3 best. Just a shame a rematch never materialized against Hellboy Hansen

Gomi is easily the top 5 LW of all time. Easily.

He was always overrated. Not hating on him but he was always overrated.

look at some of the guys that he lost too as well before he got to the ufc.... and then in his highly anticipated ufc debut Kenny Florian easily beat him

Last edited:
Gomi is easily the top 5 LW of all time. Easily.

I don't know about that. Clearly below Edgar, BJ and Bendo. Then there's Florian, Sherk, Diego, Pettis, even guys like Nate Diaz and Guida have comparable resumes, if not better. Not to mention Hellboy, who beat him.

Back