delete

If staying skinny and weak is your thing, sure.

I'm going to tell you something. There is a 16 year old at my gym who plays ice hockey. He's probably 5'10" and weigh about 175 lbs (fucking maybe). not a big guy by any means. He squats 315x12 with great form. He is fast as hell on the ice, agile, conditioned to meet the gruelling demands of the highest possible level of hockey you can reach at his age, yet he's likely not going to go to the NHL. His work ethic is off the fucking charts, he eats a ton, trains fucking hard every day. Makes the sacrifice of not hanging out with his buddies partying and fucking around so that he can play hockey. Hockey is his god damned life. So unless you're 2' tall please tell me why you want to stick to fucking body weight exercises and swinging a fucking hammer at a tire to reach your goal of competing in MMA at the highest level?

Last edited:
Lifting weights will not make you slower. Ask Usain Bolt, Ben Johnson, Crosby, GSP, Cruz etc for details.

There's no reason you can't develop a good strength base and train for your sport. I'm an advocate for this even if only performed for injury prevention.
Which isn't that difficult when performed with good technique in accordance with any half decent programming.

Doing circuits with medicine balls and kettle bells is a fine supplement for your cardiobut isn't going to do much

I'm going to tell you something. There is a 16 year old at my gym who plays ice hockey. He's probably 5'10" and weigh about 175 lbs (fucking maybe). not a big guy by any means. He squats 315x12 with great form. He is fast as hell on the ice, agile, conditioned to meet the gruelling demands of the highest possible level of hockey you can reach at his age, yet he's likely not going to go to the NHL. His work ethic is off the fucking charts, he eats a ton, trains fucking hard every day. Makes the sacrifice of not hanging out with his buddies partying and fucking around so that he can play hockey. Hockey is his god damned life. So unless you're 2' tall please tell me why you want to stick to fucking body weight exercises and swinging a fucking hammer at a tire to reach your goal of competing in MMA at the highest level?

id give anything to recruit three ex hockey kids to my CF squad. Beasts

Step 1: bicep curls
Step 2: bicep curls
Step 3: Smith Machine shrugs

I'm 16 I weigh 115 I'm skinny I just started mma and want to have as a career I'm not a fan of weight lifting or heavy lifting because I think lifting weights will make me slower. Is ok if I use a medicine ball,kettle bells, hit a sledgehammer on a tire or bodyweight exercises are fine? at home I'm thinking to chop wood to.
Medicine ball throws, kettle bells, tire and sledge, and splitting wood are all great. You will get stronger doing those. I actually prefer those also over lifting weights. But there's more than one way to skin a cat.

There's no reason you can't develop a good strength base and train for your sport. I'm an advocate for this even if only performed for injury prevention.
Which isn't that difficult when performed with good technique in accordance with any half decent programming.

Doing circuits with medicine balls and kettle bells is a fine supplement for your cardiobut isn't going to do much

id give anything to recruit three ex hockey kids to my CF squad. Beasts

Honestly this kid is an exceptionally driven athlete.

Step 1: bicep curls
Step 2: Squat rack curls
Step 3: Use Smith Machine as clothing rack
Step 4: Lateral raises inside the squat/power racks on a busy night
Step 5: Massive supersets taking up all machines, workstations, DBs, etc

fixed

Its apart of mma strength and conditioning

Back