Dela Hoya trashes the PPV model and #MayMac; praises DAZN

He earned a lot of money as a promoter and fighter via the PPV model though.

DAZN is awesome. I just subscribed. Here in Germany they even have UFC events.

Plus all the other content for just 10 bucks. Kinda mind-boggling that this is possible.

I would never order a PPV. It just looks like a total rip-off to me. Like concert tickets but without actually being there. But 10-20 bucks a month for such content is great.
I would think that the UFC events will be leaving since Dazn have Bellator now.

Always assumed it's the booze and drugs but you might be right about TRT as well. Looking forward to see how it further develops.

I think it’s a lil both.

Guy seems to be managing well, taking on more responsibility than t could handle for sure. Dudes raking in near billions.

I’m still not excusing the fishnet pics...
Marv Albert thing, I guess.
Fan of both professionally, btw.

Last edited:
I think it’s a lil both.

Guy seems to be managing well, taking on more responsibility than t could handle for sure. Dudes raking in near billions.

I’m still not excusing the fishnet pics...
Marc Albert thing, I guess.
Fan of both professionally, btw.

Oh he's definitely doing well for himself, I'm just having some fun. He's been in rehab a few times IIRC, hopefully he can manage to stay healthy.

"I think the most important part of this equation is thinking about the fans. When you have to fork over $100.00 for Mayweather-McGregor farce, or when you have to watch a Mayweather-Pacquiao dance off or ballet dance, whatever you wanna call it. You know, it's like: enough is enough."

1. HBO is done with Boxing. Canelo will now fight for DAZN in record breaking sports deal.

2. Golden Boy Promotions is done with PPV's (Golden Boy MMA presumably may continue in DAZN).

3. DAZN has deep pockets, and will change how (combat) sports will be watched by the world.

Biggest issue with DAZN is if they can get enough subscribers to be sustainable in North America after spending a ton of money. Right now they are just burning through capital. On top of that how many of these niche streaming services is avg. joe going to subscribe to long term, you got them coming out right and left right now. You even got Networks like FX offering people to subscribe to FXplus(or something like that) with limited or no commercials. The consumer is only going to order so many of these. I will say HBO getting out of Boxing could be a huge plus for DAZN. But also HBO has been waving the flag for decades for boxing. So for them to abandon it completely speaks volumes of what they believe the boxing market can generate in the immediate future.

Will be interesting to see where DAZN is in three years. If they are spending 75 million a year on content in North America they need to have 7.5 million subscribers to even have a prayer of making money even with other revenue streams coming in. I'm not sure they can do that. Hulu has about 20 million. WWE has just shy of 2 million and they routinely get 10's of millions of people around the world watching there content on network TV weekly. DAZN is currently dealing with products in the North America that have a hard time generating a million viewers. Canelo will help but to what degree who knows because DAZN has to make fights for him that fans what to see and that will cost more money to DAZN either directly or indirectly. Very interesting times we are living in.

Is all UFC events covered?
I just subscribed. So not sure how long they have been doing this and if they will continue much longer.

But I read they only do it for Germany and Austria right now. And I am not sure yet if they have a replay option or if you have to watch it live.

this whole thing seems born out of spite for the UFC and not some genuine love of the sport and desire to enact change...but I would welcome being proven wrong.
He tried his hand at MMA promotion with Affliction, we saw how that turned out.

Sherdoggers dislike DAZN because of the AZN

if it were DWHITE they'd buy two memberships

He tried his hand at MMA promotion with Affliction, we saw how that turned out.

lol - I actually forgot he was involved...just remember the king of cringe, Trump, talking out of his ass (as usual).

lol - I actually forgot he was involved...just remember the king of cringe, Trump, talking out of his ass (as usual).
The first time Oscar got involved, was around the time that Dana was trashing boxing left and right, and the second time Oscar got involved, was after the MayMac fight which hurt the GGG/Canelo PPV.

I think he gets into MMA out of spite, and after a couple of bombed cards he'll quietly leave MMA again.

Back