Dela Hoya trashes the PPV model and #MayMac; praises DAZN

then what about chuck-tito 3, doesnt that suck at this point in time

Probably, but that remains to be seen. These guys come to throw down, so most likely there'll be a finish (possibly even an early one) even if they look like crap getting to it.

Fuck... Oscar is right or course but he is a hypocrite. Criticizing may Mac as a farce? What about both GGG fights with bullshit judges? And weren’t those expensive as fuck ppvs as well? Which didn’t even sell as much as May Mac did... combined!

But that’s not what bugs me, that’s just Oscar becoming what he hated the must, he dislikes bob arum and fought him big time and now he is becoming as dirty, fat and full of shit as arum.

But no...that’s not what bugs me. It’s his critique of May Paq being a ballet dance. Which again, is true and he is right but did he just forget his “fight of the Millenium” against Tito? When he literally ran the fuck away from Trinidad and lost a decision for thinking being a chickenshit sprinter = boxing?

Oscar was great and I still believe his fight vs Floyd was a draw, his fight against Quartey and Vargas were great and he ducked no one, something he will always have over floyd. But for fucks sake just shut the fuck up

I wish they’d let me get Oscar in an mma cage for 5 rounds
Lil Ultimate Surrender action?
Hmm?
<Baelish01>

9A8IJnI.jpg

<{clintugh}>

Fuck... Oscar is right or course but he is a hypocrite. Criticizing may Mac as a farce? What about both GGG fights with bullshit judges? And weren’t those expensive as fuck ppvs as well? Which didn’t even sell as much as May Mac did... combined!

But that’s not what bugs me, that’s just Oscar becoming what he hated the must, he dislikes bob arum and fought him big time and now he is becoming as dirty, fat and full of shit as arum.

But no...that’s not what bugs me. It’s his critique of May Paq being a ballet dance. Which again, is true and he is right but did he just forget his “fight of the Millenium” against Tito? When he literally ran the fuck away from Trinidad and lost a decision for thinking being a chickenshit sprinter = boxing?

Oscar was great and I still believe his fight vs Floyd was a draw, his fight against Quartey and Vargas were great and he ducked no one, something he will always have over floyd. But for fucks sake just shut the fuck up

All valid points, but to put what Oscar said into context, it is a reply to Mayweather attacking Canelo/GBP. He is fighting fire with fishnets fire.

Usually you have friends over and everyone throws a few bucks in...
Ok then it kinda makes sense.

Still we are used to get most major sports events on free TV or Pay TV. So PPV sounds awful to us.

All valid points, but to put what Oscar said into context, it is a reply to Mayweather attacking Canelo/GBP. He is fighting fire with fishnets fire.

Oh I know, those two are always back and forth but for some reason whenever Oscar says something lately I just feel like face palming and closing my eyes.

What DAZN are doing is so new and different.

Sky Sports have only been doing it for about 30 years with their main sport being football UK + some other UK sports too and 24/7 coverage means you get some fringe sports chucked in at strange hours too like NFL and NBA games.

I bet DAZN crash and burn though as their model won't work for boxing/fighting.

DAZN is $10 a month isn't it so it takes 10 months of 4 million subscribers to make the money that was taken for the May/Mac fight and that's just one fight, if you add the other fighters in too it very quickly gets impossible unless your subscription numbers get way higher than they're ever going to get. Combat sports aren't mass market, lots of people just won't watch them.

What DAZN are doing is so new and different.

Sky Sports have only been doing it for about 30 years with their main sport being football UK + some other UK sports too and 24/7 coverage means you get some fringe sports chucked in at strange hours too like NFL and NBA games.

I bet DAZN crash and burn though as their model won't work for boxing/fighting.

DAZN is $10 a month isn't it so it takes 10 months of 4 million subscribers to make the money that was taken for the May/Mac fight and that's just one fight, if you add the other fighters in too it very quickly gets impossible unless your subscription numbers get way higher than they're ever going to get. Combat sports aren't mass market, lots of people just won't watch them.

I hear you. They are following a risky Netflix model which is....risky: build subscribers month after month, then increase the price of subscriptions to pay for what they spent in content.

DAZN is awesome. I just subscribed. Here in Germany they even have UFC events.

Subscription numbers in Europe will never be that high though because all the fights are in the middle of the night, it why they can get the UFC rights to show them in some European countries.

The UK is similar, I get the UFC, some Premier League football, all the Champions League and Europa League games, a load of rugby and all the UFC events with my internet. They've just lost the UFC events to Eleven Sports who charge £50 a year or £5.99 a month so that's how much the UFC events will cost me next year.

I hear you. They are following a risky Netflix model which is....risky: build subscribers month after month, then increase the price of subscriptions to pay for what they spent in content.

Yeah so quite quickly their $10 a month price becomes unsustainable and you'll end up paying what you were paying for PPVs anyway because unlike Netflix it's not mass market.

Some numbers to illustrate

The Canelo deal is $365 mill over 5 years. 1 subscription over that period brings in 10 x 12 x 5 = $600 so just to break even that's 610k subscribers needed and you'd assume they want to make a profit so they probably need more like 800k subscribers just to support that 1 deal.

Last edited:
Subscription numbers in Europe will never be that high though because all the fights are in the middle of the night, it why they can get the UFC rights to show them in some European countries.

The UK is similar, I get the UFC, some Premier League football, all the Champions League and Europa League games, a load of rugby and all the UFC events with my internet. They've just lost the UFC events to Eleven Sports who charge £50 a year or £5.99 a month so that's how much the UFC events will cost me next year.
Yeah that's a pain in the ass.

But if the airing times would not be that bad we would probably not get them that way and at that price.

Imo fuck ppv

Dazn is the future

The growth rate of Oscar's head and face is fascinating.

I can’t tell if Trt test cyp enthate face bloat, I just assumed he’s been on trt for awhile though, or if he’s just gaining weight, I know booze is reportedly does that after years of heavy drinking, but I don’t think it happens that quickly.

Lol, maybe it’s all 3, I dunno.

Back