Dela Hoya to continue Golden Boy MMA

if it does continue probably will do one more just to spite Dana then fold, basically Oscar is burning money for spite. Only realistic matchup i see them being able to do is something like Tito who they will probably use again vs maybe Vitor. That won't do as well as even Tito vs Ice Man
How does failing at something spite someone else?

You have a weird idea of success. I guess if the intention was to build a business big enough to sell it, then they succeeded. But if their object was to surpass the UFC they failed.
The quality of fighters has nothing to do with the subject, they only succeeded in becoming enough competition that the UFC bought them. They never surpassed the UFC though.
PRIDE and strikeforce got bought out. That is not a failure lmfao. Half of strikeforce became UFC champs

You have a weird idea of success. I guess if the intention was to build a business big enough to sell it, then they succeeded. But if their object was to surpass the UFC they failed.
The quality of fighters has nothing to do with the subject, they only succeeded in becoming enough competition that the UFC bought them. They never surpassed the UFC though.

Because UFC has a monopoly in America. That's why they even had the funds possible to buy out an entire roster. They did it because strikeforce was becoming a threat.

How does failing at something spite someone else?
the logic isnt sound but people act like this which is why he'll only do it one more time if he does it at all

It easy for a promoter to say this but its another thing to do it.

I think chances are very high was and is the last Golden Boy MMA event unless something drastically changes in the mma landscape.

it's a nice fight. the ufc has tons of worse fights
usually not headlining. and it's unlikely the rest of the card will have any drawing power or interest.

usually not headlining. and it's unlikely the rest of the card will have any drawing power or interest.
yeah not headlining a top tier promotion, but they're starting. TRT belfort would draw a reasonable amount of eyes

yeah not headlining a top tier promotion, but they're starting. TRT belfort would draw a reasonable amount of eyes
Vitor has never drew a big rating or buy with or without TRT.

Oscar replies to Dana calling him a 'cokehead'; claims 40 to 50 UFC fighters are calling him, and he will sign them only if they are free agents.

Golden Boy MMA to compete against UFC in the long term; will be in DAZN because PPV is dead.

The next event will be bigger, no more old-timers.

Let her bang bro, let her bang:
i

mike-tyson-mug-shot-again.jpg

Because UFC has a monopoly in America. That's why they even had the funds possible to buy out an entire roster. They did it because strikeforce was becoming a threat.

The question is, is it great or just decent for fighters? UFC pays like $10k to show and $10k to win for the lowest fighters on the card. Then there's the Reebok check + 20% off coupons, haha. Plus possible fight bonuses up to $50k or so.

De La Hoya paid some guy a flat $1,500 for that night....Wilkerson or something, according to his tweet. In Boxing it's about the same. $500-1,000 for an undercard fight during Mayweather-Pacquaio. It's great for May and Pac, but not everyone else. UFC still pays more for the average fighter and especially the low tier ones.

Mike Perry: 1 fight left in UFC contract. I don't like Phil Baroni 2.0 but he might actually be a good addition to GBP MMA.

The question is, is it great or just decent for fighters? UFC pays like $10k to show and $10k to win for the lowest fighters on the card. Then there's the Reebok check + 20% off coupons, haha. Plus possible fight bonuses up to $50k or so.

De La Hoya paid some guy a flat $1,500 for that night....Wilkerson or something, according to his tweet. In Boxing it's about the same. $500-1,000 for an undercard fight during Mayweather-Pacquaio. It's great for May and Pac, but not everyone else. UFC still pays more for the average fighter and especially the low tier ones.

There will always be fighters fighting for pennies at the beginnings of their pro careers. But Bellator for example has forced the UFC to pay higher for mid-tier fighters, and mid-tier fighters are being paid far more now than they were before coker took over.

people talk shit about the promotion, but aside chuck fighting (which he really should have not, but still he got CLEARED by the commission, so there's that), they are paying a BIGGER revenue percentage than the ufc, so you guys can't really talk about the pay. if anything, you guys should praise him

Yeah but thats really not a big deal since they sold less than shit.
They paid some fighters 1K to fight.
Except for Chuck and Tito people was paid like shit.

DLH talked about how he was to set a new standard and PAY fighters before the fight and you know what? He didnt..

They did it because Strike force was for sale.
It was not some hostile take over, the owners put it out for sale and the UFC bought it.

There will always be fighters fighting for pennies at the beginnings of their pro careers. But Bellator for example has forced the UFC to pay higher for mid-tier fighters, and mid-tier fighters are being paid far more now than they were before coker took over.

This sounds logical, more competition is always good. I guess I was just griping a little about how people say that the UFC pays like shit, but in reality, they pay what the market dictates and still pays more than Boxing at the average level.

Seems like there are way, way, way more low level Boxers fighting for pennies, compared to MMA fighters. And Boxing has been around for much longer w/a deep pool of fighters, so the chances of making money is very difficult.

UFC fighters are earning $10k to show and $10k to win....and there's like a UFC event every 1.5 - 2 weeks. The first 6 Boxers on the Main Card of Mayweather-McGregor, made less than the lowest level, paid UFC fighter in his 1st UFC fight, televised for free.....with 1 Boxer making 3-6x less and 2 Boxers making 2-4x less. And this was the 2nd highest paying Boxing event, ever....not just an average Boxing event.

DIH2JH-WsAAZIry.jpg

This sounds logical, more competition is always good. I guess I was just griping a little about how people say that the UFC pays like shit, but in reality, they pay what the market dictates and still pays more than Boxing at the average level.

Seems like there are way, way, way more low level Boxers fighting for pennies, compared to MMA fighters. And Boxing has been around for much longer w/a deep pool of fighters, so the chances of making money is very difficult.

UFC fighters are earning $10k to show and $10k to win....and there's like a UFC event every 1.5 - 2 weeks. The first 6 Boxers on the Main Card of Mayweather-McGregor, made less than the lowest level, paid UFC fighter in his 1st UFC fight, televised for free.....with 1 Boxer making 3-6x less and 2 Boxers making 2-4x less. And this was the 2nd highest paying Boxing event, ever....not just an average Boxing event.

DIH2JH-WsAAZIry.jpg

Yeah I feel you man. UFC has consistently upped their pay for lowest tier fighters even without a lot of competition idiots these days just love to hate on corporations without any understanding of business anyways

Back