DeGale, Selby Doubleheader To Be Streamed By Showtime

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
– SHOWTIME Sports will live stream a world-class boxing event – including two world championship bouts – free to the U.S. audience on social media platforms Saturday, December 9 to close out the network’s industry-leading 2017 boxing schedule. The digital-only offering will be exclusive in the U.S. on the SHOWTIME Sports YouTube channel and the SHOWTIME Boxing Facebook page.

IBF Super Middleweight World Champion James DeGale (23-1-1, 14 KOs) will headline as he defends his title against former world title challenger Caleb Truax (28-3-2, 18 KOs) in DeGale’s first fight since a thrilling bout with Badou Jack in a 168-pound world championship unification match last January on SHOWTIME.

In the streaming co-feature, IBF Featherweight World Champion Lee Selby (20-1, 9 KOs) will take on undefeated contender Eduardo Ramirez (20-0-3, 7 KOs), while undefeated light heavyweight Anthony Yarde (13-0, 12 KOs) will face former world title challenger Nikola Sjekloca (32-4-1, 11 KOs). The opening fight of the live stream will feature the U.S. introduction to 20-year-old undefeated heavyweight Daniel Dubois (5-0, 5 KOs) as he takes on former Anthony Joshua foe Dorian Darch (12-5-1, 1 KOs).

degale-selby.jpg

http://www.boxingscene.com/degale-selby-doubleheader-streamed-by-showtime--122919

10 X 3 Minute Rounds Heavyweight Contest
DANIEL DUBOIS 17st 1lb V DORIAN DARCH 16st 5lbs

THE WBO INTERCONTINENTAL LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
10 X 3 Minute Rounds
ANTHONY YARDE 12st 5lb 8oz V NIKOLA SJEKLOCA 12st 6lbs 6oz

THE IBF WORLD FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
12 X 3 Minute Rounds
LEE SELBY 8st 12lbs 12oz V EDUARDO RAMIREZ 9st 2lbs 8oz

THE IBF WORLD SUPER-MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
12 X 3 Minute Rounds
JAMES DeGALE MBE 12st V CALEB TRUAX 11st 13lbs

degale-truax%20(2).jpg

selby-ramirez.jpg

dubois.jpg

yarde.jpg

No reason at all not to put it on actual television. Streaming stuff is always iffy at best and the time slot would have been perfect early in the day before any of the ESPN/HBO action. Dropped the ball on this event in my opinion.

Looking forward to seeing how Anthony Yarde handles the step up in class.

I don't think the first fight is going to last too long.

His nose moved to a new area code in that fight.

Youtube says 724 people are watching the stream. Ouch.

I guess the guy tried at the start of the 2nd but it was only ever going to end that way.

Dubois looks the business so far and only just 20. A fight with Nathan Gorman next would be another big step up. Gorman looks bang out of shape but he’s tough and the technically very good. That’ll be a good fight

Well so far I think Yarde looks up to the step up in opponent.

Nice.. fairly slick for someone with his limited experience

Ive got a feeling Yarde may struggle once it goes a few rounds

Back