Decline Of Mike Perry

He was never a high level fighter in the first place. Even in his wins he was losing before landing the knockout blow. He is aggressive and has power, that's it. A less skilled version of Gaethje without leg kicks.

People give him too much shit. He's aggressive with a good chin and dynamite power. His striking offense has improved since his UFC debut though his cardio and defense hasn't. He's still got time. He probably won't ever be champ, but most fighters don't become a champion either.

When the fuck was his rise to the top? All I remember about him is a nuclear elbow he landed Ellenberger, him losing to a model and the UFC refusing to let Till fight him because the disparity in rankings.

His fans are front runners. Anyone with a brain knew that they would jump ship after a couple losses.

Haters gonna hate.

Platinum Mike is gonna make some Sherdog nerds wet the bed after he ko’s Yancy with his black belt elbows.

PMP with an actual gym is beyond scary.

F0E8F67B-301B-4A47-8758-5BF219F924ED.png

Guy was never that good but put on exciting fights..

Show him that strength

He didn’t decline. He just never evolved and improved cause he was fucking around and trying to dodge tennis balls from 40 yards away that didn’t come within 10 ft from hitting him and considered that ‘training’.

If he were in a legit camp after his first fight he’d probably be top 8 easily right now. I don’t think it’s too late though.

If I were Perry I would’ve begged and paid top dollar to train with say Bang and TJ for example a long time ago.

Everything's fine. Pokesy started teeing off after the eye poke that made plat's eye bleed... & it's pretty clear that Plat would've taken the round were it not for that. (so 29/28 Plat) Pokesy had only hit Plat in the head once in the whole round & a half prior to that... lol.

The loss to Max was a disaster though. He pretty much threw technique out the window & went back to his UFC debut ways of brawling. He underestimated Max & payed for it.

he's now at Jackson/Wink saying all the right things regarding sticking to the game plans n stuff... so we will see a much more technical Plat. Hopefully he doesn't over do it like he did vs. Jouban, but if he findz a nice mix between technician & brawler... then we'll have the magic combination.

Last edited:
...is greatly exaggerated. He's just taking a break to tighten up his fundamentals, like taking tequila shots with Jones, before he moves on to sandblasting prostitutes and beating the elite after week long coke benders.

Skills are not present. This is what happens when a guy stays at a small gym for too long, they peak, and then run into guys who train full-time at top gyms, and at that point it’s killer after killer. He did great making it this far, that being said I know for a fact non-UFC 155s are piecing him at JW. I’ve been told he has 0 footwork. IMO the move was too late, he is a gatekeeper
hope not

he has the materials to be great

we´ll see...

He's a fun brawler, no more no less.

The fun hype on here got so carried away that it stopped being amusing.

giphy.webp

Declined?

I think he's over achieving just remembering to breathe.

Perry is the new Melvin Guillard of the Jackson Wink camp. He'll show some improvement, but eventually he'll fall off. But he is a sweet blessed child of just bleed angels. So even if he won't ever be champ, I support his just bleediness. Perry bless.

hopefully they can turn him into more than just tank abbot 2.0

I hope they don't. I dont need for a guy to be a champion to be entertaining. So what if he's not well rounded or great. All of his fights have been pretty good whether he gets a KO or is getting beat up. If they do what they do to most, he'll be a point fighting champion soon.

He was always trash. The problem is they kept putting him on the maincard ever since his very second fight in the UFC, while better fighters wasted away on the graveyard that is Fight Pass prelims.

They were giving him this undeserved push despite it being pretty clear he was never going to make them any money nor would he be able to hang in the upper echelon, something they could have used to promote other better fighters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back