Decline Of Mike Perry

Combat Sports Fan

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I can’t think of a fighter that declined this fast in a a while this bad. This dude was talked about potentially facing Robbie Lawler and Colby Covington. Then he lost to Santiago, which wasn’t that bad. But since he’s lost rob max Griffin, he has sky rocketed down in popularity and now is claiming he’s black and saying the N word. I think Perry is currently a C level fighter. I do think he beats Yancy tho.

Platinum Mike Perry has reinvented himself since the last fight. The world will see

will bump this thread after the next PMP fight

he has the natural KO power and now has sharpened his skills

Just you wait until he kills Yancy, there'll be headlines all over the net about Mike's road to the title.

lol... decline from what exactly?

He has been, and always will be, mid-tier mma fighter....such a precipitous fall from grace. Nope...... he is what he's always been.

He literaly was at a no name camp and had his GF as a coach, and he did relatively well in the UFC and made a name for himself. Now he's at Jackson Wink, I think we'll see an improved, calculating Perry.

He fought B-level fighters and they proved too much for him... As Yancy is also a B-level fighter, I don't see Perry doing well. Washed up fighters and C-level guys are his best bet at convincing you he is the man.

Phil Baroni 2.0.

his previous failures were only due to bad coaching from his DNB girlfriend. You just watch, Single Perry will shock the world.

That Guy was a bum from the beginning

he is what he's always been.
In a nutshell...

giphy.gif

it is the greatest honor to draw a comparison to the NYBA. May Platinum bless your bum soul.
Conor is the only true blesser of souls. Perry is out giving tetris shots on street corners for training money.

he was never that good. the hype machine tried to make a star out of him and he bombed.

I never was impressed with Perry. Although with time, he gradually started getting less on my nerves.

Didn't he move to Jackson's? Not sure if that's the right place, I think Tristar with Firas would've been a better fit because I think Firas could've been more "hands on" with him and over at Jackson's they tend to play favorites and have their attention divided up amongst a lot of guys.

It isn't really a decline, more of a regression towards the mean. Only his popularity declined but he was never that good to begin with. A lot of potential but he hasn't really tapped into it. Looks like he's kind of faded.

Maybe JacksonWink will improve him but i'm not sure if his style will mesh with them. Jacksonwink are good at bringing out what's good about a fighters skillset but I'm not sure it will work with Perry. Just a feeling.

I still remember when he tried to pick a fight with fucking Darren Till, he would have been killed so bad lol

This guy is a moron, DECLINE!?
DUDE JUST swith ed shit up, went to Albaquerque, doesn't have that ratchet screaming incoherent instructions, the way I see it he just turned the corner and might be headed to the title shot

Back