Debunking the Conor McGregor doesn't defend his titles myth

i thought the title said "titties"

disappointing.

Wins the Cage Warriors FW title.
- Decides to make history and become a two division champion. Something no Irishman has done. Especially at a regional level, being a double champion will get you way more attention and hype than being a singular champ. Are we blaming him here?

Wins Cage Warriors LW belt.
- Gets signed by the UFC right afterwards. Are we fucking blaming him here too? Lmao. Can we stop bringing up "he didn't defend his Cage Warriors belts!!" I guess he should've told the UFC "sorry, guys, I have to defend my Cage Warriors belts. I must decline your offer"

{<jordan}

Wins UFC FW title
- Again, attempts to make history by being the first fighter to hold two belts at the same time. Are we blaming him here? How dare he want to put on an epic event and fight for the fans! How dare he!
- Loses to Nate Diaz after RDA pulls out. Okay. Detractors will argue that he should've immediately defended his belt, yet are the same people who mock him for losing. Lmao. I honestly believe they are salty that Conor avenged his loss because now they look stupid when constantly trying to post gifs of Nate submitting him.

Wins UFC LW belt
- Again. Makes history instead of a title defense vs someone he already defeated in 13 seconds who wasted a year of his life by going on a media run and then pulling out of the biggest fight of his life 2 weeks before. Let's see. Fight a guy who most likely won't even show up who you already smoked with ease or move up in weight and make history?
- Wife is pregnant, yet available for a fight in march. The UFC did not reach out to him.

Mayweather fight on the table.
- Potential $100M payday. If you're honestly arguing his decision to choose this over any fight in the UFC you need experiments done to figure out what is wrong with you.

It's not a myth...he's literally never defended a single pro MMA title he's ever won

Wins the Cage Warriors FW title.
- Decides to make history and become a two division champion. Something no Irishman has done. Especially at a regional level, being a double champion will get you way more attention and hype than being a singular champ. Are we blaming him here?

Wins Cage Warriors LW belt.
- Gets signed by the UFC right afterwards. Are we fucking blaming him here too? Lmao. Can we stop bringing up "he didn't defend his Cage Warriors belts!!" I guess he should've told the UFC "sorry, guys, I have to defend my Cage Warriors belts. I must decline your offer"

{<jordan}

Wins UFC FW title
- Again, attempts to make history by being the first fighter to hold two belts at the same time. Are we blaming him here? How dare he want to put on an epic event and fight for the fans! How dare he!
- Loses to Nate Diaz after RDA pulls out. Okay. Detractors will argue that he should've immediately defended his belt, yet are the same people who mock him for losing. Lmao. I honestly believe they are salty that Conor avenged his loss because now they look stupid when constantly trying to post gifs of Nate submitting him.

Wins UFC LW belt
- Again. Makes history instead of a title defense vs someone he already defeated in 13 seconds who wasted a year of his life by going on a media run and then pulling out of the biggest fight of his life 2 weeks before. Let's see. Fight a guy who most likely won't even show up who you already smoked with ease or move up in weight and make history?
- Wife is pregnant, yet available for a fight in march. The UFC did not reach out to him.

Mayweather fight on the table.
- Potential $100M payday. If you're honestly arguing his decision to choose this over any fight in the UFC you need experiments done to figure out what is wrong with you.
Literally never defended his belt, completely, factually, actually, honestly, properly, never ever defended his belt.
Debunk unbunked.
Argument successfully argued against.
The pudding that contained the proof was opened.
The case is closed.
The jury went home.
The judge judged.

Good fighter though.

what a stupid thread lmao

OP the dummy doesnt know what myth means

I don't really commend McGregor for "avenging" his loss against Nate Diaz. If he finished Diaz, I would give him props, but winning a close decision doesn't make up for getting rocked and subbed.

I'm sure he could have avenged his loss and finished Nate if Nate didn't chase after him so slow...I mean, Conor's cardio was so good he was able to run away for so long and Nate couldn't keep up. That's all on Diaz for not wanting to engage

Who gives a shit?

He destroyed Aldo in record time, had a pair of entertaining fights with Diaz and then made Eddie Alvarez look like an amatuer, and yet.....he's scared...he's a chicken...blah..blah.

I'm here to be entertained by fights and Conor makes entertaining fights, and he has more of a "legacy" for doing exactly what he's doing than for following the advice of the average poster on this forum and defending a title.

I'd rather see him continue to take this route than see him take out 1 or two decent contenders and a handful of gatekeepers to "lol cement his legacy"

I'm not even a huge fan but anyone who talks shit on the guy after becoming the first 2 division champion at the same time is just trolling

Who gives a shit?

He destroyed Aldo in record time, had a pair of entertaining fights with Diaz and then made Eddie Alvarez look like an amatuer, and yet.....he's scared...he's a chicken...blah..blah.

I'm here to be entertained by fights and Conor makes entertaining fights, and he has more of a "legacy" for doing exactly what he's doing than for following the advice of the average poster on this forum and defending a title.

I'd rather see him continue to take this route than see him take out 1 or two decent contenders and a handful of gatekeepers to "lol cement his legacy"

I'm not even a huge fan but anyone who talks shit on the guy after becoming the first 2 division champion at the same time is just trolling

The title of the thread was "Debunking the myth of Conor not defending his titles", It's not a myth, its a fact - most people here are responding to that.

I would agree with you to an extent that I just want to see Conor in exciting fights and he has very little to prove, however I think it would be extremely interesting to see him face off against the top LWs - these would not only be great fights but go a long way to furthering his legacy - you kill two birds with one stone - thats why most people want to see him defend the title, not out of some divisional order bullshit but to see the best fights LW can offer.

even i've defended my champ title in games. Conor, never!

Back