Debunking the Conor McGregor doesn't defend his titles myth

ElChapoInHisPrime

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Wins the Cage Warriors FW title.
- Decides to make history and become a two division champion. Something no Irishman has done. Especially at a regional level, being a double champion will get you way more attention and hype than being a singular champ. Are we blaming him here?

Wins Cage Warriors LW belt.
- Gets signed by the UFC right afterwards. Are we fucking blaming him here too? Lmao. Can we stop bringing up "he didn't defend his Cage Warriors belts!!" I guess he should've told the UFC "sorry, guys, I have to defend my Cage Warriors belts. I must decline your offer"

{<jordan}

Wins UFC FW title
- Again, attempts to make history by being the first fighter to hold two belts at the same time. Are we blaming him here? How dare he want to put on an epic event and fight for the fans! How dare he!
- Loses to Nate Diaz after RDA pulls out. Okay. Detractors will argue that he should've immediately defended his belt, yet are the same people who mock him for losing. Lmao. I honestly believe they are salty that Conor avenged his loss because now they look stupid when constantly trying to post gifs of Nate submitting him.

Wins UFC LW belt
- Again. Makes history instead of a title defense vs someone he already defeated in 13 seconds who wasted a year of his life by going on a media run and then pulling out of the biggest fight of his life 2 weeks before. Let's see. Fight a guy who most likely won't even show up who you already smoked with ease or move up in weight and make history?
- Wife is pregnant, yet available for a fight in march. The UFC did not reach out to him.

Mayweather fight on the table.
- Potential $100M payday. If you're honestly arguing his decision to choose this over any fight in the UFC you need experiments done to figure out what is wrong with you.

I have the same title defenses as McChicken and I'm not even a pro fighter

It's no myth bro, factually never defended a title ever.

He can debunk it himself any time.

I didn't even read it.

How many title defenses, you say?

Next three fights after winning 145 title:

Diaz x2 (no relevance to anything)
Fights for 155 title

Wins 155, goes on hiatus and spends the next few months trying to set up a fight with Mayweather

People will stop saying he doesn't defend his belts when he actually defends his belts. Fuck off.

- Decides to make history and become a two division champion. Something no Irishman has done. Especially at a regional level, being a double champion will get you way more attention and hype than being a singular champ. Are we blaming him here?

- Gets signed by the UFC right afterwards. Are we fucking blaming him here too? Lmao. Can we stop bringing up "he didn't defend his Cage Warriors belts!!" I guess he should've told the UFC "sorry, guys, I have to defend my Cage Warriors belts. I must decline your offer"

{<jordan}

Wins UFC FW title
- Again, attempts to make history by being the first fighter to hold two belts at the same time. Are we blaming him here? How dare he want to put on an epic event and fight for the fans! How dare he!
- Loses to Nate Diaz after RDA pulls out. Okay. Detractors will argue that he should've immediately defended his belt, yet are the same people who mock him for losing. Lmao. I honestly believe they are salty that Conor avenged his loss because now they look stupid when constantly trying to post gifs of Nate submitting him.

Wins UFC LW belt
- Again. Makes history instead of a title defense vs someone he already defeated in 13 seconds who wasted a year of his life by going on a media run and then pulling out of the biggest fight of his life 2 weeks before. Let's see. Fight a guy who most likely won't even show up who you already smoked with ease or move up in weight and make history?
- Wife is pregnant, yet available for a fight in march. The UFC did not reach out to him.

- Potential $100M payday. If you're honestly arguing his decision to choose this over any fight in the UFC you need experiments done to figure out what is wrong with you.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Wins the
He is contracted by the UFC, Mayweather is a retired boxer. Why not talk about defending your belt?

UFC is significantly worse with Conor in it

Worst champ ever

He's a lame duck

{<jordan}

Wins UFC FW title

Wins UFC LW belt

Very accurate TS. Reality is, Conor never has had the opportunity to defend his title. If we are to believe Conor (and we should since he is the primary person involved), the UFC has never even asked him to defend his title.

Reality is, Conor went for that second belt, got replaced with Nate Diaz, then lost and wanted to avenge the fight, then did, finally got that second belt, now doesn't want to upset his pregnant wife and fight mayweather for 100m after.

Every dweeb here knocking Conor for not defending his belt, WOULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING. Hell, every single champion these days are trying to do the same thing. Nunes, Bisping, Woodley, Garbrandt, Aldo, etc. It's just they don't get away with it like Conor, because they don't sell. Yet Conor gets flak for doing the same thing everybody else wants to do, because HE CAN.

It all comes back to jealousy about one's position, and Conor's position is at the top.

How many fights has he had since beating Aldo?

How many were for his title?

UFC is significantly worse with Conor in it

Worst champ ever

He's a lame duck

Couldn't agree more, fraud Champ until he defends his belt. I'll even take defending your bath robe belt show me you can defend something.

Your argument for him rematching Nate instead of defending his FW title is that he would be mocked if he didn't avenge his loss?

Now he gets mocked for not defending belts, & has been stripped of one of them.

Which is worse?

Back