Deaths in wrestling that hit the hardest?

Warrior being inducted, giving that end of life speech and then passing away was quite haunting.

Owen. Built a new house and was planning on retiring when his contract expired.

Misawa was unreal, Eddie and Benoit were kinda crazy but I didn't cry. For some reason when Piper died I was fine until someone sent me a link to his theme song on my phone. I opened it while driving and I started crying. Dusty was hard too.

Eddie, Dusty and Macho.

Favorite Pre-Hulkamania = Bruiser Brody
Favorite New Generation = Owen Hart
Favorite Monday Night era = Chris Benoit
Favorite overall wrestler = Randy Savage

I just gave up.

Moppy:

Fucking brutal. A part of me died that day.

A lot of my favourites died while I was lapsed, so none of those really affected me.

Since I've been on my nostalgia trip though, I've found a few quite sad:
Piper
Dusty
Chyna
Tom Zenk
Axl Rotten
Heenan - Although, I don't feel as positively about him now, as I did before.

And yet, guys like Ian Rotten and New Jack continue to live...

latest

Weird to say, but Chris Benoit is still #1 for me.

Roddy because he was clean, sober, living the good life and stress killed him according to his best friends.

Owen Hart and Chris Benoit for sure. Both were two of my favourites as a kid. When they did that angle where Owen was European champ and was injured and had that impromptu match with Triple H and they screwed him, I was so pissed I refused to watch WWF for like a year.

Benoit was my favourite wrestler when I was a kid, just loved his style and gimmick. I still remember me and my buddies going nuts when he won the World title in 04. And to have him be a wife/child murdering piece of shit, that was so fucked.

Owen Hart for sure.

Growing up watching Stampede Wrestling made me a fan.

Hell lastnight i watched the Rumble and during that horrid tag match i was reminiscing about all the great tag matches that i grew up watching.

A young Owen and Bret Hart against the Vietcong Express, those matches for some reason i really remember for being just so fast and athletic it was like wrestling was changing from the grinding match-ups of old to just a new level of fast athletic transitions.

Eddie was my favorite wrestler. I bawled like a baby at his his tribute video, and I still get goosebumps every time I watch the finish of the match where he reached the top of the mountain. The postmatch celebrations with fans and his family are fantastic.

Back